• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Hugo trailer!

His theme is a remix of The Circuit from 3rd Strike (with a nod to 2nd Impact's Bottoms Up in there as well). We also get to see the Pitstop 101 stage.

The people who designed him in SFxT and USFIV clearly never played 3.3 ...
That's really sad to see how they destroyed him.

The 2 ultras lack soooo much impact. It looks so fake and quirky compared to zangief or thawk.
And wtf with those "footsteps" sounds? It's Hugo, not Hauzer or Godzilla...

Thank god , the 5th character isn't Q (95% chance not at least, unless troll from Capcom)

Oh, great- More characters. As if trying to stick to C. Viper wasn't hard enough without straying to Dudley, Vega, Chun-Li, Sakura, and Cody. ;_;

is ultra going to be a seperate game on steam or is it like DLC?

is ultra going to be a seperate game on steam or is it like DLC?
I would hope steam would be able to work the expansion into the store's mechanics somehow.
as much as I don't care for PC vs Console debates, but I would hope price cutting measures would be equal on both platforms.

I thought PC wont get ultra till like august where consoles get in end of June?

That is true, PC does get the update in August. So evening out the price isn't very logical.

MY BOOOOOOTHANG! Her theme makes me hyped for Ultra again, oh, and they need to buff her healing move a LITTLE bit. It looks kinda useless.

MY BOOOOOOTHANG! Her theme makes me hyped for Ultra again, oh, and they need to buff her healing move a LITTLE bit. It looks kinda useless.

She's using Ultra Combo Double and her Ultra gauge is only about 3/4 full.

OOOOOH. I didn't notice... but I don't really understand what you're saying...

OOOOOH. I didn't notice... but I don't really understand what you're saying...
UCD means you can use either of your ultras instead of just one, but they're weaker. And ultras also get more powerful as the meter fills.

So, with UCD and only 2/3 meter, it actually looks much weaker than it actually is (judged by full meter with only that ultra available).

Oooooh. Now I get it, that makes a lot of sense now.

I do think the damage they took away from ultras is actually not bad at all.

Ultras used to take almost half a health bar off your opponent, now it seems like its about 1/3.

Reactions: Φ

Ultras used to take almost half a health bar off your opponent, now it seems like its about 1/3.
BUT, will that stop the wall of Yun?

Thing is, that's only when using Ultra Combo Double. Outside of balance changes, choosing to use only one ultra will still let it do the crazy damage it did in previous versions.

Thing is, that's only when using Ultra Combo Double. Outside of balance changes, choosing to use only one ultra will still let it do the crazy damage it did in previous versions.
wait, you can choose to use either or both?

wait, you can choose to use either or both?
Yup. That's why it's an option to use it.

Of course, I may use it as an Oni user. Oh the mind games...

Yup. That's why it's an option to use it.

Of course, I may use it as an Oni user. Oh the mind games...
I always thought they were just gonna integrate both into one for everything.

this changes everything! :D

I always thought they were just gonna integrate both into one for everything.

this changes everything! :D
Yes.

Oh the mind games and stuff Oni could do with Double Ultra. I smell a nerf.

GIVE ME SOME ONI TIPS! I love Oni.

I'm crap. I have a feeling he's much better than people see him as, but I physically can't do things.

Not yet, anyways.

I need to learn a defensive style character.

who should I look into?

I need to learn a defensive style character.

who should I look into?
Sagat, Guile, Gouken, and Rose immediately come to mind.

Most charge characters can turtle effectively, as well, but if you're looking for good zoning to go along with it, those four are a good place to start.

Fucking, Guile... that bastard... too far? SONIC BOOM! Too close? FLASH KICK!

How on Earth do I get around this?

Bait flash kicks.

EDIT: So I popped in SFxT because I thought it might be a great way to get some Poison practice in preparation for USF4 but, oh man, no. It's just too strategically different and full of dumb stuff to get anything out of it aside from knowing her special inputs and getting a general feel for her normals.

Last edited:
I heard she was totally different actually. More offensive. That bites POS.

I heard she was totally different actually. More offensive. That bites POS.
Well, there's a misconception among players of both games that Poison is more zoning oriented, with a game plan similar to Rose, but it's not really the case. In SFxT, she's really best played as a pressure character, using her fireballs more to keep the opponent in blockstun to make getting in with Love Me Tender safe, though this gets kinda kneecapped by tech rolls and alpha counters. Then at the USF4 loke tests, Combofiend had to tell people that she was designed more as a mixup character and to stop trying to zone with her.

But yeah, after going online and being reminded that I can't play SF4 style in SFxT's wacky world of forward rolls and gem shenanigans, it looks like I'm just going to have to be patient like everybody else.

I miss when she tried to that one handstand and failed... it was a funny winning animation.

also, i'll get the "third strike music mod" on pc. music on that game is awesome... most remixes pale in comparison (like the one on the ps3 version)

I wanna hear Elena's remixed theme...

The remixed them is in the Elena Ultra trailer.

I like the new version of Beats in My Head, but I was kind of hoping it would sound more like the 3rd Strike: Online Edition version. I always vastly preferred it to the original.

I never heard that, care to post it here?

Edition Select was just confirmed at SCR. Vanilla Sagat and AE Yun are back.

EDIT: It's an alternate mode.

Last edited:
Edition Select was just confirmed at SCR. Vanilla Sagat and AE Yun are back.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
Ken's shoryuken will be the uppercut to rule them all.

Ehhh thats cool i suppose.