• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Close enough then! I'll use her!

There's a video where Combofiend showcased everything with IGN. He landed U2 on the ground, then told the guy to neutral jump. Guy neutral jumps, still gets nailed by U2.

There's a video where Combofiend showcased everything with IGN. He landed U2 on the ground, then told the guy to neutral jump. Guy neutral jumps, still gets nailed by U2.

From what I’ve seen, I think it’s like with some Ultras in the game, were you use an additional input and the Ultra either hits on the ground or in the air. Like with Oni’s Ultra 1 (?), the fireball, you either shoot it straight forward or up in the air. You can also use it while jumping, but I don’t think Decapre can do this. I know some other Characters have that as well, Blanka for example, but I haven’t played SF4 in a while.

So I think the Ultra can hit on the ground or anti-air, depends on what input you use.

U2 is anti-air.
U2 has both ground and air versions.

That being said....the overall reaction just seems to be a bunch of whining. She's going to feel and play waaaay differently from cammy and people are complaining that they look similar. Really? Yeah, I'd love a new model, but I'll take a new fighting style over a new face any day.

After getting over my initial disappointment and rage at the shitty PR..... I'm kinda sorta okay with Decapre. Still not happy about the reveal, and it may not be enough to get me back into SFIV.
That's my feeling at the moment.

I just wish she had her old mask which looks much cooler.

Is almost impossible to not compare Decapre with Painweel...

Masked: check
Used in experiments: Check
So much pain: Check
So much wrath: Check
Red Eyes: Check
Purple colored powers: Check
fresh from my efforts at the palette thread:
pain-hype-color.jpg

So much hype.

:PUN:

Such clone, many repaste, wow.

You're like Capcom! :P

Well. I'm not going to buy USF4 now. Just wanted a character the felt and looked fresh and new. Just one. I wasn't even going to play the character, my Main is Dan, I just wanted to fight against someone who doesn't look exactly like someone I've been fighting for the better half of the past 6 years. As for the other four, I had a horrible time playing SFxT (the most upsetting thing about that was the no co-op thing that the advertised, the whole reason I bought the game new day one (I almost never do that) was so I could play with my brother), I really don't want to stare at content from that game and be reminded of all that.

Reactions: RetroStation
I personally can't hate Decapre too much. Mainly because I also secretly wish for Lambda to come back to Blazblue because she had the one good episode of the BB anime.

Reactions: Lunerstep
Eh. Coulda' been worse. Would have been better if they revealed her with the other 4, though. Was hoping for a grappler, but I'm happy charge players can now play fully offensively.

Eh. Coulda' been worse. Would have been better if they revealed her with the other 4, though. Was hoping for a grappler, but I'm happy charge players can now play fully offensively.

blanka would like a word with you

is decapre's ultra that's like yoga inferno a reference to that psycho projectile attack that bison has in the vs. games?

I'm guessing the reason that they hadn't revealed her up until this point was because she wasn't finished yet.

Can you imagine the backlash if they had said "The 5th character is a Cammy clone, she plays totally different though!" and had no gameplay footage to back that up?

At least this way, they can show off the differences in her gameplay immediately after the reveal.

Biggest sticking point people have at this point is that she's just a touched up Cammy, art-wise.

But like I said earlier, making a character from scratch is expensive as hell as we all learned from the SG IGG campaign. People keep clamoring for new characters, but I suspect Capcom has pooled most of their resources into developing the Panta Rhei Engine to build games for next gen consoles and simply can't afford to throw those resources into USF4.
Not without pissing off their investors anyway.

It's actually kinda painful when I look at it that way.
If they throw too much money into USF4, people are gonna complain that they're not doing anything for next gen.
If they decide to recycle resources the best they can and keep development for next gen up behind the scenes, people complain that they're being lazy.

Hell, I'd say at this point they were actually lucky they could easily turn Cammy into Decapre, easy being subjective because new animation rigging, art assets and VA contracting.

Last edited:
Moveset notes on Decapre

Also, the Final Round build of the game wasn't the most recent one. There was a stream this morning showing the actual latest build and showed some changes to Decapre from how she was when she was revealed.

is decapre's ultra that's like yoga inferno a reference to that psycho projectile attack that bison has in the vs. games?
Seems like a combination of Yoga Catastrophe and Juni's Psycho Streak super (where she salutes, Bison shows up out of nowhere and does a Psycho Crusher). It even stole the name of the latter.

well, at least she has a psycho crusher. That's good, right?

It's her super, though, which means it will never be used in tourney play except for trolling.

Actually she is a charge character and can super cancel hands into it, so she's going to use it like honda does.

Oh. Huh. Yeah, I'm guessing FADCs (probably the main use of meter in SFIV) aren't exactly practical for charge characters, are they?

Honestly, I just don't like Decapre from a design standpoint. "Cammy with a mask, ooh." If it were any of the other, more unique-looking dolls with that same moveset, I'd have been cool with it.

move list looks dope, character model doesn't, but that's never stopped me from playing a game/character before (*looks at skullgirls*)

also there is a decent amount of practical supers that get a fair amount of use in SFIV (ryu, rose, balrog, honda, yun, dhalsim)

Honestly, I just don't like Decapre from a design standpoint. "Cammy with a mask, ooh." If it were any of the other, more unique-looking dolls with that same moveset, I'd have been cool with it.
I'm expecting some cool or interesting alternate costumes.

Or we could get more stuff like THAT ONE BLANKA COSTUME.

decapre alt's:

slutty version
slutty robot version

Decapre was, as expected, a disappointing reveal, but on the bright side, I LOOOOOOVE her voice. That Russian accent sounds SOOOOOO good!

Or we could get more stuff like THAT ONE BLANKA COSTUME.
CARNIVAL COSTUMES FOR EVERYBODY LET'S GO

GET HYPE

The thing I really don't get about the reaction to Decapre is the way lots of people are saying that they're dropping the game just because of her. I mean, sure, you have every right to be really disappointed, but it's not really like the game got a whole lot worse because they added her.

Reactions: Balder and Jutsei
The thing I really don't get about the reaction to Decapre is the way lots of people are saying that they're dropping the game just because of her. I mean, sure, you have every right to be really disappointed, but it's not really like the game got a whole lot worse because they added her.
Again, you don't have to use her.
Honestly people with that train of thought kinda cheese me off.
One character out of over 30 characters spoils the entire game for you?

It's the initial negative knee-jerk reactions. By release they will buy two copies as usual. I hear this "boycott" crap all the time from UMvC 3 to SFxT. They will cave from peer pressure/hidden desire.

I'm actually kinda okay with it now, I might give her a go.

After all the drama with people complaining about how much it costs to make a SG character's art, are you sure you can back that up?

1300+ hand-drawn frames >>>> a single 3d model
I haven't said a single word about animations or effects, JUST A NEW 3D MODEL to make it look a little less like a cheap cammy clone! If you want to make an evil version, be my guest, but do it DECENTLY

Oni = A decent "Shin" Akuma
Evil Ryu = Changed the 3d model enough to give it a little personality (and it's still ryu)
Decapre = Just slapped a mask on what should be a DLC costume since the very beginning, and different from the examples above, IT IS A DIFFERENT PERSON!

Seriously, she's the 3d equivalent of the cheap mugen "true/fake" versions of the character...

AVO-03600-1.jpg

Just in case all the salt is leaving your skin dry guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavama
that's a big image
try not post images that big
it's inconvenient to some people