• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

Oh god, is that a schoolgirl uniform Elena?! I can't breath!
Well, she does go to the same school as Makoto and Ibuki in the comics
First in-game look of the new costumes! Also, Capcom has announced a second set of outfits for Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and Decapre. It's their SFxT alts (Decapre has Cammy's) and you get them free if there is SFxT save data on your system.
Will it be possible to get them even without owning SFxT. Or will they do as Sanctum 2 did, make the pre-order costumes available for purchase after a certain amount of time

I mainly like it because it's a treasure trove of butt pirate jokes :PUN:

Yeargh, hands off me booty you scurvy knave!

Akuma's not a bad guy or anything I'm pretty sure he'd oblige for a picture if you asked nice enough

Yeah, Akuma's not rude.

a violent murderous brutal killer, but not rude.

ah, my mistake.

violent and brutal, yes. but at least he gets consent before the violence starts.

therefore proving, Akuma is not rude.

Reactions: destruction_adv
Just imagine the scene of Elena asking him to dance and take photos n stuff

Maybe Akuma likes Chocolate? Don't hate.

usfiv-elena-arcade-ending-akuma-622.png

So now Akuma has shown his soft side again.

get

Last edited:
Akuma's face is all like "Taking a selfie with the bae".

never forget that one of Akuma's victory quotes was "Defeating you is as easy as smacking a baby! Not that I would do that!"
he's a big softie when he isn't killing people on the field of battle

Akuma's actually a pretty cool dude, which is why he's one of my favorites.
I mean, in one of the crossover game endings he fucking destroyed a meteor with his bare hands, saving humanity.

We got dates and prices.

North America:
USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 3rd ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th ($14.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th ($29.99)

Europe:
USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)

Capcom point out that “due to conflicting age ratings with the OFLC the digital upgrade will not be available on PSN across Australia and New Zealand. The XBLA digital upgrade and retail release in August are unaffected.”

Retail versions (PS3 or Xbox 360) and full digital bundles (PC, PS3 or Xbox 360) come with previously released costumes. Additionally, pre-ordering any version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will get you the 2014 Challengers Costume Pack.

Still no PS4/XBone ports but wouldn't be surprised if those are announced and with additional content.

Questions:
- Can I upgrade from Super to Ultra/skip AE?
- Do I keep the costume packs I already bought? (Vanilla MvC3 was a valuable lesson to never trust Capcom again.)

Yes to both questions balder, but you're still being screwed if you bought anything before ultra.

I'll wait for it to get a good discount. It's not worth 15 bucks

Reactions: Balder
I come in here just to see what's popping

And I get Elena taking a selfie with Akuma

Elena you are forever one of the best fighting game characters in the history of ever

I come in here just to see what's popping

And I get Elena taking a selfie with Akuma

Elena you are forever one of the best fighting game characters in the history of ever
I want a DOA crossover solely for Elena to hang out with Zack.

We got dates and prices.

North America:
USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 3rd ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th ($14.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th ($14.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 5th ($39.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th ($29.99)

Europe:
USFIV digital upgrade (PS3) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (360) – June 4th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV digital upgrade (PC) – August 8th (€14.99/£11.99)
USFIV retail version (PS3/360) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PS3) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)
USFIV full digital bundle (PC) – August 8th (€29.99/£19.99)

Capcom point out that “due to conflicting age ratings with the OFLC the digital upgrade will not be available on PSN across Australia and New Zealand. The XBLA digital upgrade and retail release in August are unaffected.”

Retail versions (PS3 or Xbox 360) and full digital bundles (PC, PS3 or Xbox 360) come with previously released costumes. Additionally, pre-ordering any version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will get you the 2014 Challengers Costume Pack.

Still no PS4/XBone ports but wouldn't be surprised if those are announced and with additional content.

Questions:
- Can I upgrade from Super to Ultra/skip AE?
- Do I keep the costume packs I already bought? (Vanilla MvC3 was a valuable lesson to never trust Capcom again.)

Well that really sucks, I wasn't planning on upgrading my PS3 version anyway, but, why? The Steam version is coming out so much later wow.

EDIT: I bet it is Rolento's weapons. Can't think of anything else that would cause this.

Our rating board is very picky.

Actually, knowing them if Poison does or says anything suggestive it is probably that...

That's half the point of Poison's character. Then again, Mortal Kombat...

Glad to see a release date. It will give me an excuse to play SFxT for a couple of more weeks.

Glad to see a release date. It will give me an excuse to play SFxT for a couple of more weeks.
That reminds me. I need to buy a copy of SFxT, make a save file, and then return it or exchange it for a different game.
Yay, free costumes!

A heads up for people who own the PC retail version of SSF4:AE : You can now redeem your game on Steam.
Just hit the Games menu, select Activate a Product and enter your retail CD-Key.

Good riddance to GFWL!

I live in Estonia and it wasn't covered by GFWL. I had to make a Russian account. I wonder if SSF4 and Ultra SF4 will be finally available on Steam in non-GFWL areas after the transition this Friday. I managed to redeem my game on Steam and it works, but it asks me to login to GFWL and the store page for SSF4 is still unavailable in my area.

Full Steamworks integration wasn't complete...until today. They simply set up the groundwork for redeeming existing retail copies.

You should be able to play with your Steam account now.

The game isn't bad you're probably just garbage. Also anyone else waiting on the USF4 download?

Also anyone else waiting on the USF4 download?
It's less the download I'm waiting on than word on when I'll be able to safely install it without having to download and install it yet again.

Latest report is 3am but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Pali