• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

too bad Rose has a projectile that takes forever to come out :/
she also doesnt seem to have that good of a wake up attack, the best i can think of is EX Reflect
Blocking is often your best wakeup option. She has one of the best backdashes, that's another decent option if you have space to give up. SF is just as much about learning when not to push buttons.

Projectiles aren't necessarily thrown with the goal of hitting people with them. Projectiles force people to move in response to them, which should put them exactly where you want them to be if your spacing is good.

so I kinda want to learn how to play but I have no Idea where to start, I like Rose but wow this game doesnt help much

You and I are in the same boat.

I'm having a hard time completing a lot of the Combo Challenges,

Ok, 3 hit combo.

*isn't working*

Ok, is this a chain?
Do I link the combos together?
Is this a corner combo?
Do I have to stand a specific space because MP has two different animations base on distance?
Arrrgh

If you're going from SG to SFIV, my two pieces of advice would be
1. No jumping allowed
2. Don't mash
You say this like mashing isn't much easier in SF4 than in SG.

too bad Rose has a projectile that takes forever to come out :/
she also doesnt seem to have that good of a wake up attack, the best i can think of is EX Reflect
As a former Rose player, yes you have very slow-starting projectiles (the light one is still okayish), so don't over-rely on them. You also don't have a good wake-up attack like for example EX Bird Kick. You just have to accept that. She's a bit tricky to learn
Do I have to stand a specific space because MP has two different animations base on distance?
All standing normals have two different variations, depending on where you stand from your opponent
Also, beware of command normals. Man, the number of times I've done Juri's 6+MK move instead of a normal MK

I tried to get into Street Fighter IV, but I couldn't master double qcf for supers and ultras, but I have no problem with that input in Skullgirls. Does anyone have any recommended tutorials? I want to try again for Ultra. I <3 Elena even though I never played Third Strike

I get the impression that mashing is more effective in SG than SFIV simply because of the game pace. I'm awful in both games, though, so I'm happy to defer on that point.
I tried to get into Street Fighter IV, but I couldn't master double qcf for supers and ultras, but I have no problem with that input in Skullgirls. Does anyone have any recommended tutorials? I want to try again for Ultra. I <3 Elena even though I never played Third Strike
To really help, I'd need to know what is coming out instead of your ultra. If you can't remember, try booting up the game and doing Ryu's U1 a number of times (ryu is good because there are a number of different things that can come out for different input errors). Two common mistakes, though, are trying to do the input too quickly or hitting the buttons before you've reached the last 'forward' input of the 2qcf.

Tried to get back into SF4 today after months of SG.

I can't take it. Its just not fun anymore, on top of that the netcode feels really sluggish.

I get the impression that mashing is more effective in SG than SFIV simply because of the game pace. I'm awful in both games, though, so I'm happy to defer on that point.

To really help, I'd need to know what is coming out instead of your ultra. If you can't remember, try booting up the game and doing Ryu's U1 a number of times (ryu is good because there are a number of different things that can come out for different input errors). Two common mistakes, though, are trying to do the input too quickly or hitting the buttons before you've reached the last 'forward' input of the 2qcf.
It is also much much much MUCH much MUCH easier to PUNISH mashing in Skullgirls with burst baits or just blocking... unless they safe DHC of course.
Not that mashing DP in SF wont also get you killed.

Its not, mash in sf4 you are not going to be rewarded.
Such is the power of nearly every combo in the game relying on links instead of chains (target combos).
Mashing definitely gets you counter hit and bopped in that game.

Mashing seldom gets you a combo. And once someone gets in (that wont take long) you'll probably be screwed since mashing will rarely give you the correct defensive or offensive choice.

I'm not saying mashing isn't fun, but finding success with mashing is way easier in chain based games since any button that wont combo is ignored and and button that will is buffered and released as soon as possible.

Such is the power of nearly every combo in the game relying on links instead of chains (target combos).

Mashing seldom gets you a combo. And once someone gets in (that wont take long) you'll probably be screwed since mashing will rarely give you the correct defensive or offensive choice.

I'm not saying mashing isn't fun, but finding success with mashing is way easier in chain based games since any button that wont combo is ignored and and button that will is buffered and released as soon as possible.

So the best way to do the combo trials in Street Fighter IV is to not try to chain them, but to press each button as the animation finishes? I'm thinking of it as "Dial a Combo" like in Injustice

Decapre alt costume revealed
15_usf4alts01.jpg

Oh joy another symbolic enriched outfit. That said they went overkill on the locks lol

15_usf4alts01.jpg
Oh joy another symbolic enriched outfit. That said they went overkill on the locks lol

Where's the "Master of Unlocking" when you need her.

Seriously though, she makes Lulu's outfit from Final Fantasy X look normal.

Last edited:
Where's the "Master of Unlocking" when you need her.

Seriously though, she makes Lulu's outfit from Final Fantasy X look normal.
..I liked Lulu and her outfit :(

I like Decapre's alternate outfit.

she looks like she came right out of Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma herp-a-derp

15_usf4alts01.jpg

now tell me again they hadn't money to make another 3d model for the char

Depends on whether she has a second model. Though since this is Capcom we're talking about...

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

3232HPHP3HP323HP323232HP323HP3HP

What was that about dropped links and frame traps? :p

Nice to see that Genzoman has been taking classes at the Tetsuya Nomura School of Character Design.
Also must commend Capcom for cherry-picking the one guy from Udon who doesn't know how to draw anything besides pseudo medieval fantasy stuff. Nothing assures variety like a one-trick pony.
RqCKmuJ.png

I would say she looks remarkably similar to The Lost Sinner from Dark Souls II...but that would be a insult to Dark Souls II.

#HatersGottaHate

First in-game look of the new costumes! Also, Capcom has announced a second set of outfits for Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and Decapre. It's their SFxT alts (Decapre has Cammy's) and you get them free if there is SFxT save data on your system.

16_usf4costumes01.jpg

16_usf4scans03.jpg

Also, Edition Select is going to have an online mode. (EDIT: Apparently not! EventHubs mistranslated that line and it's actually saying that ES is offline only. Sorry!)

Also, they're adding save states and lag simulation to training mode.

Last edited:
First in-game look of the new costumes! Also, Capcom has announced a second set of outfits for Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and Decapre. It's their SFxT alts (Decapre has Cammy's) and you get them free if there is SFxT save data on your system.

16_usf4costumes01.jpg

16_usf4scans03.jpg

Also, Edition Select is going to have an online mode.

In this Image is there also the X Tekken outfits? Are those going to be included or do you need X Tekken dlc for that?

Back