• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Why does everyone keep asking for 3S characters, like was Elena not enough to show that trying to import different series characters into SF2 BENGUS IN 3D is just more square peg roung circle stuff.

Like we barely dodged a bullet with how well Makoto and Dudley turned out, and Seth stealing half of Urien's animations.

This is why a new Darkstalkers would have inevitably been terrible, they would just be trying to poorly convert Bengus or Akiman's art into 3D.

Do you mean by gameplay or by looks? Because hardly ANY character from ANY version of Street Fighter turned out similar to the original counterpart. Then if we're going by looks practically everyone in this game looks like ass xP some turned out okay I guess?

Alex is in. It's confirmed, mark my words. "Seth stealing half of Urien's animations." low fierce is half of his animations? Word.

Also, i'd rather have NEW 3s/Alpha characters instead of the SF2 cast for the 400th fucking time.

Reactions: TechPowah
People just want their favorite characters in a game again. It is simple.

I want makoto and/or Sakura in sf V, because i like them. Q is a mistery, and a lot of people want to solve that mistery, so they want Q in a game again, besides, he is very cool looking.

In Elena case, she is cool, i mean, her animations in SF 4 are cool, and some high level players are putting some work into her (gamerbee and sako if i'm right). The only SF3 character that i don't like in SF4, is dudley, i don't know, he seems shorter and not as badass as Third Strike dudley. But the others, Ibuki, Makoto, Elena, Hugo came out very good looking and with good gameplay.

Also, i'd rather have NEW 3s/Alpha characters instead of the SF2 cast for the 400th fucking time.

I agree with this, i mean, mostly, i don't know many alpha characters because i never played it, but i know charlie, and R. Mika, and i want them.=P ( i mean, i know charlie is in the game, but i'm just making a point)

But i want to see 3rd strike cast, almost entirely, back again. Like, Gill, Urien, Sean, Alex, Q. =P

But people also demand Q, and Urien, and Twelve, and Necro, and Sean, and so on and so forth.

Not in this thread and that's what I was reffering to. Alex is really dominating other requests. Same pretty much for every other place.

I know there's a low chance of my theory coming true, but I really do think that the developers of SF3 intended Q to be David, the black agent in his ending. *points to theory in sig* I don't know if they'll ever pick up on his identity clues or whatever, but I really do feel that David was intended to be Q himself, or possible one of many Mysterious Men across the globe. Either way, I just want Q back, poor guy only got one shot at fame and awesome.

Also, random factoid, but David and Juliana are supposed to be a nod to David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson from X-Files! Hah!

For instance, after 3rd strike, chun li retired and started taking care of childrens, if this game is after 3rd strike, she would be fairly old (40 ~50 years old if the story happens between 2000 ~2015), and why she came back into action?

Good questions, here's the interesting thing though. Capcom seems to have been slowly altering things. IF you look at the old SF games, they listed the characters birthdays with the day, month and year. As of 3S they stopped putting in the year, and now in SF4 a couple things seem to of happened;

-They've abandoned using years, but also avoid putting any distinguishing markers for the time

-Looking at the anime trailers they put out to hype the SF4 release some of us on shoryuken.com have speculated that they retconned parts of the series and have now merged part of Alpha 3 and SFII

-Street Fighter may have now adopted a sliding time scale like in Marvel and DC comics so things are ambiguous and the characters never really age past a certain point. For example, in the old canon SF4 should be taking place around 1995/96, but Viper's cellphone and car, etc all look very modern.

-I've also speculated for a while, but they most likely are going to retcon or alter SFIII - 3rd Strike. At the very least, they'll move it several years up instead of having things take place in 1998

Will Sakura ever stop using studend clothes?
I hope so, I hope she uses the outfit she has in her SSF4 ending aka the famous gym teach uniform that she wears in Ryu Final Manga. The funny thing about Sakura is that as of SF4 she's in her 20s but the developers said that she wears her old sailor outfit as her "battle uniform" for sentimental reasons and to have Ryu immediately recognize her. It's more than likely that the developers just wanted to hang on to her iconic look. Though with SF5, they're showing that they're willing to make drastic changes to the cast for the first time in a long time. Charlie's scarred (and synthetic skin?) appearance, Bison's white hair and new long coat. So there's hope for Sakura.

I want them to bring Goutetsu back from the dead and make him playable, not a pseudo-frankenstein version like Charlie is, but just a badass old man who's going to show you that you don't know shit and lack discipline

I want them to bring Goutetsu back from the dead and make him playable, not a pseudo-frankenstein version like Charlie is, but just a badass old man who's going to show you that you don't know shit and lack discipline
So Jinpachi?

O god Street Fighter lore.

F-fuuuun??????? ;_;
B...but it's beautiful! Just let the madness washover you! And take advantage of Bison Dollar Tuesdays at your local participating Shadaloo-ow!

About Goutetsu: Eeeeeeh, do we really need another Anatsuken fighter? I've ranted about this on SRK, Unity and other places, so I'll keep it short...ish, but we've really mined that corner of the universe to death already.

Gouken
Akuma
Dan
Ken
Ryu
Sakura
Evil Ryu
Shin Akuma
Shin Akuma Capcom vs SNK style
Sean
Oni

Sure they all play differently, but from an aesthetic standpoint, we've really dipped in there too much. I mean, really, how different can we make his moves? Sure he was their master, but he's been dead for decades and all of the Anatsuken fighters have surpassed him and put their own spin on the art. How different can we make him from Gouken and Akuma, the top level dudes we currently can play as? The SF universe is huuuuuuuuuge and unexplored! Why go backwards?

We still never found out who Bison's master was, or the other students he trained with (some people think they're Urien and Gill, but no hard evidence shows that they developed that idea)! Who are some other members of Shadaloo? Let's get some characters from MI 6 playable! What other interesting designs can be build up from the Illuminati --we've only seen Gill and Urien, the others (Twelve and Necro are just part of their G project, not hi-rankng members) Heck, we could look and see what other assassins are in Gen's neighbourhood. And, if we really wanted to mine something already established, Crimson Viper knew other agents-- they're presumed dead, but one of them was named. There was a character called Smart Raven who was seen in unused SF4 art and he could have potential.

090224.jpg

Sorry for the rant, it's just that there's so much more they can do, I feel that it wouldn't be a good idea to bring in yet another Anatsuken fighter when SFV finally looks like they're moving things into a new direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooon
They should have Joe be the final boss, but in the 20-30 years since SF1 he's managed to master both Psycho Power, Satsui no Hadou, as well as a third, never before seen fighting style.

tbf
SFA Cody wasn't the one eating suspicious floormeats

*snip*

I personally think that talk about mechanics is meaningless if you can't try the game for yourself. You really can't tell that much from trailers and vids.

Not to mention that we know ridiculously little about this game compared to most games still in production.

Reactions: Shockdingo
We are talking about characters and lore of a fighting game, in a fighting game forum. Talking about mechanics is almost useless now, since that can be changed and refined until the game is released, but the lore and characters are pretty much close to its final state, they probably have at least concept arts of all characters they plan to release, and i would go as far to say they already have at least a basic 3d model of them.

But, about mechanics, it seems that SF5 from every trailer is getting faster, i hope SFV is a fast paced fighting game with heavy orientation on the offensive side, and i like that.

While I can't exactly give concrete details, since we're supposed to be under embargo until tomorrow. That article doesn't give the complete picture and some of the details are slightly off.

That said, I can give a small hint: you no longer need to mentally count stun.

Damn, Charlie, you scary.

Street-Fighter-V_2015_06-11-15_003.jpg

Thoughts:
-Is...is that Anubis for ol' Chuck? Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Also, I wish I could make out what is on his bracelet, looks important, maybe an insignia.
-Really liking the King's Cross stage so far
-Loving the HUD arrangements, very clean
-Stun bar? Ooh
- http://i.imgur.com/xf9ppS8.jpg Nice attention to detail, looks like Charlie's watch is damaged or that's a weird emblem, so maybe, not an insignia, as I speculated in my first point?

Wait, V-Trigger? So does that confirm that one leak?

Can't wait to watch 16 hours of SFV next week @_@

So does that confirm that one leak?
Leak?

I might be behind with some news. I noticed some characters have a V-Trigger bar and others have a V-Reversal bar.

Was this explained anywhere? Do we have grooves we can choose from?

Can't wait to watch 16 hours of SFV next week @_@

Leak?

There was a leak 6 months ago, I believe it was by Ken Bogard, and he mentioned things like the roster having 16 characters, weather elements, and V-Trigger by name.

wow... Okay so the beta's meter system has changed a bit... okay... So now to do the special V-Trigger stuff you have a separate bar with two ticks in it. then it seems that now all characters have three bars of ex and a full on does a Critical Art (Super Ultra what ever just call it a fancy dancy cinematic Super) We got back the SF3 stun bars that's GOOD like i like that. And there is something called V-Reversals... hmmmmm, so spending a bar of V-Trigger will allow the player to do a sudo Alpha Counter out of block? Also doing a V-Skill like Ryu's parry will that cost a bar of V-Trigger? How much V-Trigger do you build when getting damaged? The V-Trigger bar is the only one that seems to change now, Bison having 3 ticks of it where as the rest of the current cast only has two, is this because Bison's V-Trigger is weaker in nature but allows him to do it more often? This brings up some good questions and has me a bit more interested in the mechanics of this game, it could make for a bit more technical Street Fighter. (notice i did not say better or faster that is something we'll have to see when it is shown at E3.)

I might be behind with some news. I noticed some characters have a V-Trigger bar and others have a V-Reversal bar.

Was this explained anywhere? Do we have grooves we can choose from?
crud sorry for the double post.

The V-Trigger is when you seem to have full V-Trigger bars and the V-Reversal is when the characters seem to have at least a tick of V-Trigger. So this confirms doing a V-Reversal out of block and having to spend a bar of V-Trigger to do so. So it'll be a "Get Off Me" Tool. Neat

Embargo is up, trailer is available as are previews.

knew it. The V-Reversal is an alpha counter. boom we having some mix of Alpha 3 in this game baby.

you know, we've been talking a lot about possible new characters, what if Guile's daughter was one of them?
yo, what if she could outdo Charlie and her dad by being able to turn the Sonic Hurricane into a projectile?

also, am I the only who thinks the characters look like their Play Arts Kai counterparts?

the only thing that is kinda bothering me, is that if you get v-meter by taking hits, how you are supposed to counter early pressure? I mean, maybe you get by blocking too, or maybe the v-whatever (the parry, projectile reflection) can be used to feed the v-meter, i don't know