• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

With things like backdashes no longer being hit invulnerable as well as less hard knockdowns (only supers and throws now) with 2 kinds of ground techs. It looks like they're finally fixing things that should have been fixed in SFIV.

So SFV is the Windows 7 to their Vista that is SFIV?

So SFV is the Windows 7 to their Vista that is SFIV?
I don't know, there are people that defends the windows vista like the best operational system ever?xD

I don't know, there are people that defends the windows vista like the best operational system ever?xD
Sounds like an accurate comparison then :PUN:

Reactions: MysteriousJ
So we got 16 slots and we know Ryu, Charley, Ken, M.Bison, Akuma, and Chun-Li. Cammy, Vega, and Balrog are pretty mainstays, so they're probably in, too. I can't say for sure on Sakura, obv, but Alex is hella likely and beyond that I ahve no idea, either way that makes a total of 10 chars already. So if the cast is 16 chars, that leaves the 4 new chars and 2 other old returning chars. I don't know if I like that distribution.
Sorry to keep on repeating this like a town crier, but the 16 characters thing was an unfounded rumour from a mistranslation of Ken Bogard's vid. Bogard never gave a number on the roster size, he and Ono have stated it would be at least smaller than USF4, but nothing more concrete than that. The person who initially translated it only heard part of "deux mille seize" aka 2016. A Gamefaqs user fluent in French debunked the 16 chars thing.

Sorry to keep on repeating this like a town crier, but the 16 characters thing was an unfounded rumour from a mistranslation of Ken Bogard's vid. Bogard never gave a number on the roster size, he and Ono have stated it would be at least smaller than USF4, but nothing more concrete than that. The person who initially translated it only heard part of "deux mille seize" aka 2016. A Gamefaqs user fluent in French debunked the 16 chars thing.

With MK X having almost 30 characters (don't counting variations), and since MK is the most mainstream Fighting game alongside Street Fighter (i would say MK X is more mainstream today), i would guess SF V having about 20 ~25 characters, just to have some good variety and calling attention.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Vanilla SF4 had a total of 19 playable characters, just as a point of reference

Are you serious? SF4'S training stage is one of the most boring fucking training stages of all of fighting games. Probably one of the most boring stages of fighting games in general.

UMvC3 has a better training stage, KOF XIII has a WAY better training stage, Skullgirls has an INFINITELY better training stage.

I mean hell, TvC has a way better training stage than fucking SF4 does.
At least MKX had the decency to turn their holodeck on first.

Birdie, eh
this really is Street Fighter Alpha 2-2

whoa okay... didn't expect that. This might be fake but if it isn't it will open up space for some old Characters to come back hmmmm? Cough Q pls Cough Cough.

I'm okay with this. Obscure characters are cool and need to come back.

When's Alpha Eagle.

Reactions: Dime
hopefully that means we're getting a couple more Alpha characters
a wrestler perhaps

So this means Joe is pretty much just confirmed, right?

Ono tweeted this image today

12_onohint01.jpg

of all characters. . .birdy though? i dont think this is real

you know they brought back Frankie Nash and IT is Capcom, sooooooooo it's not 100% out of the question.

plus you know this really might be the Alpha love letter I've been saying it was since they teased Charlie

I hope he and Cammy, and everyone for that matter, get slight redesigns or updates like Bison.

I hope that he still has that hole in his mohawk, though
I like that mohawk hole

I hope that he still has that hole in his mohawk, though
I like that mohawk hole
you mean like a Butcher's Blade?

butcher_knife.jpg

Honestly, I want Urien with Aegis as his V-Trigger. Even if he no longer has the unblockable setups, the mixups he could get would still be quite interesting.

EDIT: The garbage Ono has been tweeting is obviously a hint for Cody. The garbage is his V-Trigger where garbage spawns around the stage and he can knock them down to reveal roast turkeys that heal him.

I'm...actually quite interested in what they could do with Birdie's design. I mean, he looks super silly as it is, but I can see them tweaking a few things for a cool redesign.

Man I really hope it's the big black dude. But if they make him weak it will be a waste of a character slot. It's way to early to tell but he's been a character that I've wanted to main or second for a long time. I like real grapplers not these everything but the kitchen sink new age grapplers. I hope he's a force to be reckoned with but still has some traditional grappler problems. A nice midrange game would be sick as hell.

Probably not true. But if it means my favorite clown girl of all time makes it in as well... Omg. PERFECT game.

WHEN'S ZUBAZ GONNA BE IN SFV?!
He's actually the boss with a wild redesign (Urien and Gill get a cameo, but Urien is more blatant), I didn't get cast as him back in February (got a callback for the new Aussie named Nolan though), but he was in the cast list and he's looking fantastic.
He's an underling for the organization/Illuminati, he's known as the "Brutal Prophet". He's in charge of training all the kids entered into the successor ceremony that was hinted at in 3S to become members that fill ascending roles in the society; from elite guards to future Presidents (Urien's current position) and Emperors (Gill's position)
I'm a terrible liar with a wild imagination....I'm so...so sorry.

Ono tweeted this image today

12_onohint01.jpg
First he tweeted a banana, now it's a can.
Banana. Can.
BananaKen. Ken confirmed.

It's
Birdie
also cammy

First he tweeted a banana, now it's a can.
Banana. Can.
BananaKen. Ken confirmed.

it's uh actually

the design on the can matches Birdie's belt buckle so y'know. WE ALPHA 4 IN DISGUISE
Also I heard he also drank from the same can in some animated SF movie but I dunno.

Last edited:
what ono really should have tweet was an eagle then faked people by calling it a hawk

Don't really care for Birdie aesthetics or gameplay wise outside of the 'oh at least it's someone not from SFIV' and Cammy is like the 2nd most popular female SF character after Chun Li so while Cammy is one of my favs her reveal isn't very surprising either like if Ken was announced instead. Wonder who will be next now.

I just want Zubaz in man.

And if not Zubaz then Alex or Q or even Hakan.

One of the few good things to come out SF4.

Meh, I always thought that Birdie would be a really fun character if he just had an anti-air grab and his strong or fierce charge attacks had armor, upper body invulnerability, or something. Hopefully he’ll turn out better this time around.

Cammy being in has killed the small amount of hope I had that Juni or Juli would come back.