• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Does anyone suspect they will bring in any guest characters? If they did, who would be a most likely candidate?

Violent Ken.
Not a guest character. Just a non-canon alternate version of an existing one.

Personally, I'm not expecting non-Capcom guest characters, and even counting Capcom characters, it'd be a stretch. Capcom's only done non-Capcom guest characters if the game revolves around their world and the Capcom world meeting, like the Vs. games. Plus, the only reason so many Final Fight characters are in Street Fighter games is that they're in the same continuity. I don't think any of the other Capcom IPs would get similar treatment.

Rival Schools?
That would be cool but who form Rival Schools

would you figure this to be a situation where they were simply comfortable with allowing the amount of clipping that occurs?
Looking at that one Gouken alt costume which literally has half his hat sinking into his body during his idle stance (.. I think it was that Gouken alt..), I would figure they simply don't give a fuck

Not a guest character. Just a non-canon alternate version of an existing one.

Personally, I'm not expecting non-Capcom guest characters, and even counting Capcom characters, it'd be a stretch. Capcom's only done non-Capcom guest characters if the game revolves around their world and the Capcom world meeting, like the Vs. games. Plus, the only reason so many Final Fight characters are in Street Fighter games is that they're in the same continuity. I don't think any of the other Capcom IPs would get similar treatment.

Cole MacGrath, Kuro, and Toro.

It'd be great to see Capcom complete the circle and add someone from Slam Masters. Alex is already like a cooler version of Biff though, so I wouldn't mind if it was one of the other characters. I'd love to see Astro/Scorpion myself, especially if they tweaked some of his Guy influences and gave him more of those lightning grapples.

On that note, I'm still kinda bummed that they went with Fuerte instead of bringing back Stingray for the luchador spot. It also sucks that they recanted the whole Gunloc/Guile relation thing too, which I always thought was cool.

Reactions: Shockdingo
That's false, it's actually really simple to avoid inter-model clipping. If you render both models to flat polygons, then render those to the screen, you can avoid clipping entirely. [snip] No 3d game that I know of has done this yet, but that doesn't mean it's not easy. :^)
Amending this - Xrd totally does it! Whatever else I'll say about that game, it LOOKS really good and other developers should pay attention to the visuals.

I'd rather they just not give a fuck. especially if it's an alternate costume. so long as it's not Caesar in the opening level of bad, or Genis' legs cliping through his coat levels, whatever they do in-game is fine with me.

Amending this - Xrd totally does it! Whatever else I'll say about that game, it LOOKS really good and other developers should pay attention to the visuals.

They do in fact do that, although they definitely missed a few spots. I was playing the other day and noticed that things clip through Elphelt's dress :P. I can't fault them on that though, cuz the game really does look amazing and I'm really hoping that they (among other developers) continue to explore these types of visual techniques.

Among the rumours that have been flying around, I like the one that states stages will have an actively changing weather and time. That would be amazing to see in action. I really, REAAAAAAAAALLY hope that everyone gets their own stage this time around. And that they bring back the personal touches to them. Several of the stages in SF 4 seemed like random global locations, not a global location that had significance to particular characters.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I just want that overpass theme to return.

I love that theme.

so, what we're wanting is a volcanic rim with a bath-house in the back with more red, the overpass theme, and hippos.

fellas, I think we just thought up the best stage ever.

Reactions: Shockdingo
And Rebecca Black singing a new version of Indestructible as the bgm. :D
Spoilers: She's singing the Opening and Ending Theme "Rise up, Go for Glory" It's not as poppy as Indestructible. It's a bit more down tempo and sorrowful to reflect the storyline.
Source: My Girlfriend who's part of the design and production team...

I...I don't have a girlfriend.
Any takers-- *shot*
*empties clip to make sure*

All I ask is that Training stage can only be accessed in training mode, if they have to have one.

The game can be mvc1 for all I care as long as pro play isn't consumed by training stage and its music - the whitewashing in the FGC has got to stop.

isnt it because it is the least laggy stage and all the characters stand out on it?

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Training stage better have the best damn music in the entire game.

Reactions: Mr. X
training stage should just randomize all the songs in the game and allow you to pick which stage themes you want in the random list.

isnt it because it is the least laggy stage and all the characters stand out on it?

This was the case for sf4 and both versions of marvel three. Least amount of frame loss and therefore, the least amount of excuses for losses. You shouldn't expect too much of that on next gen...because last gen was pretty pathetic in terms of pure specs.

Right, so what does that have to do with white washing?

I think he might be referring to big white/gray background for every tournament. it's kinda boring when there's not a lot of color.

that or he could be referring to the extensive focus on meta. which I'll agree. some people hold their meta way too precious.

Well he's using the word in the sense that it waters down what else is in the game I think. It's the same argument as to why final destination is bad in smash from people who don't play competitively...It is sort of boring to watch and doesn't reflect the game as a whole.

But I mean the fgc is certainly a competitive community....so they will typically try to actively avoid all factors that lead to a poor performance such as frame loss due to stages and whatnot. If I was playing for thousands of dollars at a time I would sort of agree about removing any factors that might effect me negatively that involve chance and or equipment failure. Calling it whitewashing is pretty hyperbolic tho...

I do however, get the concern.

Every game needs Bonne Wonderland.
Every game needs Tron Bonne too.

Right, so what does that have to do with white washing?

I think he might be referring to big white/gray background for every tournament. it's kinda boring when there's not a lot of color.

Yep.

well, my apologies for thinking you were complaining about something legitimate.

I wanted fucking remy, don't get me wrong i like charlie but dear god remy would of been amazing

Remy is a loser and a sisterfucker he can stay in his angstcave for all I care

I really miss cold blue kick and he had amazing footsies

so uh, noodles

As for actual things, combo counter works in real time as opposed to showing the number of hits at the end only, which is really good! Not so annoying now. Also that stance mode thing is totally a Dark Force from Darkstalkers, uses up a bar of meter and everything. I bet that was something Ono would've wanted to do had Capcom approved him to do a Darkstalkers game, so he just slapped it onto SFV instead.

Boo for revenge meter though. Hate comeback mechanics.