• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

If this game is post SF3, which is most likely, Chun is retired, so she would get back to battle only by personal means. =P (like Bison)
Chun is an agent in SFV, we've known this for some time.

We do not speak of that horror of a character... 12... so dumb.
We do when he's the direct comparison in story context I was making. You not liking a character doesn't make them irrelevant in any sense.

Have they officially declared if this is pre or post 3S?

No. We do not speak of that horror of a character... 12... so dumb. Nekro on the other hand.... hmmmmmmm that would be interesting to see him come back in some way, even as a background character.
Out of my way!

Back to the satsui no hado thing, here is my line of thought.

Imagine that there is some sort of god, creature, or demon, some war entity. And that creature is the source of the "satsui no hado" powers. (we already have ingrid as the original source of the psycho power, right?) Now, imagine that in acient times, that creature was worshipped not by one, but a lot of tribes and different cultures in general, is not hard to assume that the ansatsuken, that in its original form taps the satsui no hado started as some sort of cult in the ancient Japan, and that by coincidence (or any other reason really), that creature is worshipped by Necalli's people/tribe or whatever. And what makes me think of that, the way he holds ken's head in the trailer, is like he is doing some sort of offering, or sacrifice, to some sort of deity. But hey, is just a theory...

I still believe that this game is post SF3, When i meant by chun getting back by personal means, i mean, she took the first step towards getting back into action, something like "i need to work again", instead someone reaching her and giving her a mission.

Now, if alex is in the game, it is post SF3 for sure, since in new generation we have the beginning of alex adventures. =P

I will say, I've never really cared about the story, but at this point I'm pretty damn interested.

No. We do not speak of that horror of a character... 12... so dumb. Nekro on the other hand.... hmmmmmmm that would be interesting to see him come back in some way, even as a background character.
I think it speaks to the how much people like certain characters who are "lower tier" in 3S when I've seen three different "it's like this character . . . but good!" in the past few years in other games.

I'm talking about Merkava (Twelve . . . but good!), Big Band (Q . . . but good!), and Chadha (Hugo . . . but good!)

We'll never have Sean but good tho because we did once and they took it away from us ;__;7

I'm definitely liking this new character's design and fighting style. I'm guessing based on how he's dressed, how he fights, and how he looks in his V-Trigger(red hair, darkish skin) he's one of the first Satsui no Hado users. I'm actually interested in what they do with the story and when this game takes place(I'm guessing after 3S though).

Beta keys are going out, just got mine.

If anyone decides to stream the beta plz post your channel. I would like the have a peak and chat it up.

I mean, PS4 has built in streaming so I guess I could do it. But it would just be for the purposes of answering questions about gameplay and characters, I'm going to get wrecked in any matches.

Actually share functions are disabled during the beta, it turns out.

I hope the new character has a blonde palette so that I can shout "I HAVE THE POOOOOOOWERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!" every time he uses his V trigger

Reactions: The Dave
Big Band (Q . . . but good!)

well Big Band is more Juggernaut than Q. The only real similarities that BB and Q share is the rush punch. People seem to forget that Q has a rush sweep and overhead which are a lot more powerful that people like to think.

IF I SEE HIM I'LL STICK HIM IN A JAR AND SHOVE HIM UP MY OWN ASS!

no need to go THAT far dude. just sticking him in the jar is fine enough.

The only real similarities that BB and Q share is the rush punch.
That's not true though. Not even close.

Last edited:
Hint for the next character
dY6nw

it's Blanka

nailed it

The girl, in shorts, at the background? Looks like a stereotypical brazilian woman...

Basic Capoeira fighter incoming, well, everything has a bad side.

The girl, in shorts, at the background? Looks like a stereotypical brazilian woman...

But Blanka and Sean aren't Capoeira fighters. Why would you assume a new Brazilian character would be?

But Blanka and Sean aren't Capoeira fighters. Why would you assume a new Brazilian character would be?
Just a feeling.

But, they could do a lot of things with a brazilian character really and we know that.

If they go to the research route, they will see that M.M.A is popular here(i don't know why, that thing is boring), and that jiu jitsu is common here, they could do a jiu jitsu fighter, but this game already has 2 characters that can fit the "grappler" style.

Capoeira, is kinda unexplored by Street Fighter, we have Elena only. I think they could do a different capoeira fighter like they did in sf3 with karate fighters (adding makoto to make a difference of the traditional shoto character), and a boxer character (dudley being a complete different approach to balrog).

Of course, i'm just thinking random things, the only thing i can see in the image is the brazil stage, necalli, a girl in shorts in the background and a blanka doll. =P

I just have to accept that no one will ever do something like Jetstream Sam again.

Reactions: DukeMagus
I don't understand why you think this, we already have a Capoeira character in the series who is from Kenya and we have three Brazilian characters any one of which could be in.

IF I SEE HIM I'LL STICK HIM IN A JAR AND SHOVE HIM UP MY OWN ASS!
Guile: Alex...I'm a little freaked out...

Alex: YOU'RE freaked out?! I can't even use the bathroom because Q writes mathematical dick jokes!

-------
Oh, how I'd wish JohnnyUtah would do more Street Fighter stuff, man's one of my favourites.

Alex: YOU'RE freaked out?! I can't even use the bathroom because Q writes mathematical dick jokes!

-------
Oh, how I'd wish JohnnyUtah would do more Street Fighter stuff, man's one of my favourites.
That was the highlight of the entire video, then they had to close it out with one of the grossest fucking things ever put to Flash.

Reactions: Covenant
I don't understand why you think this, we already have a Capoeira character in the series who is from Kenya and we have three Brazilian characters any one of which could be in.
As i said, we have 2 different types of boxers. We have at least 2 different types of karate (if you count each shoto variation as one), Elena is very unique even for a Capoeira fighter, so we might get something. and besides, i was just having random thoughts, really. =P

And in SF only Sean and Blanka are brazilian, and if i'm not wrong, blanka isn't really brazilian, he was raised in a brazilian jungle, but not really born in brazil, but i might be wrong there.

-------
dammit! now you make me want to quote it more!

Reactions: Shockdingo
Is this even a character tease
looks more like Ono trolling us with making us analyze the pic of Necalli

Necalli's got a shit-eating grin going on.

Shit...

Shit characters...

Hakan confirmed.

Reactions: Ktulu
wait.
Brazilian dancer girl in the background.
Brazilian girls are known for booty.
booty.
nice booty.
Cammy.
but Cammy has already been confirmed.
but who has a booty as nice as Cammy's...?

of course! it could only be
DECAPRE
23_usf4costumes02.jpg

clever Ono. very clever indeed.
but not clever enough to get past me.
Case closed, let's get drunk.

I will take any path that gets to Q, so let's go with that. Unless that path doesn't include Urien.

Being honest, i really want to see decapre in the game, really. '-' And i'm not a decapre player.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Being honest, i really want to see decapre in the game, really. '-' And i'm not a decapre player.
if she plays anything like Omega Decapre, then count me in.

Reactions: Aden
I really hope if she comes back at all this cycle she will be Omega Decapre.

like what if Rose used her powers to free her and Decapre just called herself 'Omega Decapre" and she just became this hybrid of Omega Decapre and Rose?

like, what if Soul Satellite became this gap closer and she could slash and reflect projectiles?