• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

This thread feels akin to that of a bunch of guys passing a bong around a circle in someones basement with street fighter 3s ost int he background like

"but man what about that guy in sf3 man"
But, like, what if, like, we got DIOtaro as a guest character

Hey man that's my OC of DIO mixed with Jotaro it'd like totally work trust me. I should be in the development team

@Spencer
More like forgot, but that's one, maybe a couple others, vs a lot of dislike. And that's that I've seen, hence me asking if Blanka is well liked.

She was Ono's most wanted for later versions of SF4 if I remember right
You do.

@Matty
People want characters that haven't been around for a while, there's nothing wrong with that, especially wanting back characters who have interesting or unique movesets. Alex and Urien are great. Even SFIII characters I don't care about playing that people want like Oro offer something different.

Personally I would take most Alpha or SFIII characters over most SFII original characters though. SFII is the only fighting game I can even think of where I only played like a couple characters because I had no interest in the rest. But that's me.

kittyforman.jpg

What're you kids going to do with your life FIGHTING GAMES WONT PAY THE BILLS

With your shouldercans and super pile driving and whatnot

If it is R. Mika, will she be a Normal Return or a Revised Return?
7bZDBDT.jpg

If those rumors from Siliconera are to believed, then those four spots belong to Alex, Urien, Karin, and Rainbow Mika. The trouble is, which character are you okay with being scrambled? Two will be normal and two will be revised like Nash and Birdie.

I vote revised for R.Mika. The wrestling ring that comes sliding into view for her supers was just weird. Jump off the screen or the environment! She should stay a wrestler, but get more dynamic moves (no squeaky El Fuerte shoes, though!).

Like Fei Long and Iron Fist (UMvC3), Karin was a Rekka character. I like that style and if she makes it into SFV, I'd like her to keep it. Alex and Urien - I can see them going either way.

If those rumors from Siliconera are to believed, then those four spots belong to Alex, Urien, Karin, and Rainbow Mika. The trouble is, which character are you okay with being scrambled? Two will be normal and two will be revised like Nash and Birdie.

I vote revised for R.Mika. The wrestling ring that comes sliding into view for her supers was just weird. Jump off the screen or the environment! She should stay a wrestler, but get more dynamic moves (no squeaky El Fuerte shoes, though!).

Like Fei Long and Iron Fist (UMvC3), Karin was a Rekka character. I like that style and if she makes it into SFV, I'd like her to keep it. Alex and Urien - I can see them going either way.

That is, if you believe that those divisions means that, and i believe that would be wrong. The possibility of those colors meaning nothing are higher. But if i would bet on something, it would be: green = SF4 or SF2 characters. blue = not SF4 or SF Alpha series. and purple = newcomers.

The possibility of those colors meaning nothing are higher.
The only thing I'm sure of is those colors don't mean nothing. Purple is definitely for newbies as they specified 4 new characters. However, Green and Blue are up for speculation. Logically, Birdie and Nash's radical changes makes me think it is more than a series debut category.
I don't think that divide actually means that. I mean they changed the HELL out of Vega...
I put Vega in the Green because he seems to be mostly himself. The same rolling, dive-bombing, and slashing, only the inputs have changed. He has new tools and improvements, but he isn't as dramatically different as the others. To put it simply, Nash has gone from Guile-wannabe to Wesker-wannabe and Birdie has turned into a nose-picking Ghost Rider.

With no hands-on testing, I can't say for sure. Vega may be in the revised category (blue) in Capcom's eyes.

Ken got a divekick, a complete design change, and also the properties and utility of his moves are different.

Vega has a complete different stance and is a motion character (that might change).

Bison has a partial visual rework, different normals, different specials.

without counting v-trigger (that makes all characters unique in comparison to previous street fighters), The only characters that stay mostly the same are ryu, chun and cammy.

The "normal return" and "revisited return", is a very subjective division to be really it.

And yes, there is the possibility of being nothing, because the division between green and the other colors is not exact, meaning that is possible of that being just a random background, is unlikely, but it is possible.

But, if we are going to only confirmed categories in the EVO chart, is what i said: "SF4 or SF2 characters" to green, since in the chart there is: ryu, ken, chun, cammy and bison. "Alpha series, or Not SF4 characters", With birdie and Nash for blue, and for that, i need to mention, capcom normally ignores the existence of SF1, so, birdie can be considered a SF Alpha character, this puts Birdie and Nash as the only SF alpha only characters in the game, and also, they are the only reveals until now that weren't playable in SFIV, and purple, would be Newcomers, again.

I think it's cool what they did with Birdie, they took a character that nobody cared about and made him completely new and awesome and he flicks his boogers at people

I think it's cool what they did with Birdie, they took a character that nobody cared about and made him completely new and awesome and he flicks his boogers at people
And they made that by making him fat. Extra points for that.

If you're banking on this theory then Vega is in the wrong place. They haven't officially shown this chart that I know of since Evo though, so that's just a guess made whoever did this. R. Mika would be revised, I imagine.

And if you're talking about the Siliconera leak that divide isn't going to make sense anyway, the only thing you can do for that is main series/alpha series, and even then that's odd because Birdie, but the idea we're ignoring SF is acceptable.

Ono getting his wish could be Mika though, he talked quite a bit about her during SFIV.

What helped Birdie was that he wasn't always fat like Rufus, they had moves from when he was ripped to base off of

Can Capcom just get the rights to use Bob from Tekken, he's the best already-fat fighting game character

What I hope, but doubt, it means: Darkstalkers.
I would think that if it didn't seem to pertain specifically to an SFV announcement.

Whose ready for their favorite Darkstalkers character in SFV? I hope Jedah's Alpha Counter is still him cutting his own head off.

I would think that if it didn't seem to pertain specifically to an SFV announcement.

Whose ready for their favorite Darkstalkers character in SFV? I hope Jedah's Alpha Counter is still him cutting his own head off.
Ah, I thought it was just a Capcom announcement.

[Slightly off topic, but still on topic] I know Capcom doesnt want (or at least see) SF to cross over with MK, but I can see DS vs MK.

If it ends up being R. Mika then the Siliconera leak will still be valid. I heard Ono was fond of Karen was well. Either would still support leak. Like others already said, I doubt it's Blanka since he did appear in SFIV and wouldn't make sense that Ono would celebrate about finally getting in.

As said, Ono talked about wanting Mika during IV, so it would make sense. I'll gladly take that leak, Karin's rekkas and counters are fun, command grabs are always nice. Plus Alex and Urien would be great.

My curiosity in R. Mika, is how they would treat her.

Both in design and in gameplay...

Consider this, this game still doesn't have a pure Grappler. I don't know about R.Mika (i don't play alpha 3, and i don't know her moves), but could she this pure grappler, if so, what kind of tools she would have to cover the weakness that grapplers normally have, and so on.

Also by design. R. Mika, no mistery, is a very fanservice based character, and by the look of cammy, they are not trying to tone down fanservice not a single bit, but, the 2 alpha characters in this game had a big design change. Maybe they will change her so she isn't as much "colorful", but still very "sexy"? I don't know, really.

Also, the game doesn't have a Rekka character, so Karin being in the game is very possible.

Last edited:
They are not gonna get rid of fanservice as their agenda. Otherwise Cammy would have wore pants. Chun Li would ditch the pantyhose. At best they will get rid of DoA tier boob physics that sneaked its way in on Chun Li. R. Mika can very well get a redesign [Alpha was awhile ago canon wise] , but I doubt the intent will be for reduction on fanservice.

I know that post is joking at how people want female characters in less sexualized clothing, at least I think so.

But all it did was make me think how funny it would be if a female character was in those clothes but STILL acted sexy in all of her poses.

Also, for the few people like me that will play Chun-Li in the game.

Here a little nice combo montage done by someone.

So much...Ingrid discussion!! *cleanses self with lovely, soothing flames of lit-Vodka*

Did people really care about Birdie before he was in this game :y

*raises alcohol-scorched arms proudly*

What I think it means: R. Mika or maaaaaybe Blanka.

What I hope, but doubt, it means: Darkstalkers.

My curiosity in R. Mika, is how they would treat her.

Both in design and in gameplay...

Consider this, this game still doesn't have a pure Grappler. I don't know about R.Mika (i don't play alpha 3, and i don't know her moves), but could she this pure grappler, if so, what kind of tools she would have to cover the weakness that grapplers normally have, and so on.

Also by design. R. Mika, no mistery, is a very fanservice based character, and by the look of cammy, they are not trying to tone down fanservice not a single bit, but, the 2 alpha characters in this game had a big design change. Maybe they will change her so she isn't as much "colorful", but still very "sexy"? I don't know, really.

Also, the game doesn't have a Rekka character, so Karin being in the game is very possible.
I'd put down money on Mika since Ono's been hoping for her since SF5. Also, about her design. She's a Josji Puroresu character, they really don't need much of an excuse to explain her change in looks/attire. She could be heel now as Ruin said, or maybe just a new persona.

Played a few matches, I loved the speed and the use of V-skill. Stun seems to fill up quick, but its forgivable for a beta.

Back