• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Stages are not tied to characters in this game -Someone or other maybe Combofiend.

Bullshit. That is literally Karin's stage. KANZUKI ESTATE.

Stages are not tied to characters in this game -Someone or other maybe Combofiend.

Not ALL stages are.
EDIT: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...ks-stages-roster-and-single-player-modes-sf5/
"If we had to do a stage for every single character, our character roster is going to be a lot smaller," said Dahlgren. If we recall that Ultra Street Fighter 4 had 28 stages, we can deduce something of an idea for the size of SF5's roster.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...lection-process-users-only-need-own-one-disc/
"Every character won't have a stage based on them, but we will be staying true to the Street Fighter franchise in bringing new locations throughout the globe to the game in the form of new stages, but there won't be parity between characters and stages.

I think he mean 100% of the characters won't have a stage for them, but that doesn't mean a couple characters can't have their own.

Last edited:
Karin,Rashid and Ken:
b9b188e2ae880feeeb4fda910d5ef7f63a5dab1c6bd6e7cc3febb663df021588.jpg

Karin is technically not owned by Capcom, so she needs to be licensed for her use in the series
That has been speculated but I highly doubt it's true now. Matt Moylan who is part of Udon didn't know of any specific limitations to using Karin in the books in a recent interview (briefly around 10:00-11:57), but on the flip side cited how they absolutely cannot use SlamMasters characters in the game or books because Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star) owns their designs (well except for Haggar and I think 1/2 more). (Though they an get away with blink and you'll miss cameos in tiny crowd shots).

While he doesn't flat out say "nope, the whole thing is false", he's just never heard of any limitations and speculates why there could be. This, along with other statements makes me think that it's something people assumed. Yes, the artist and creator of Karin made her for the Sakura manga, but maybe they works something or behind the scenes he quietly gave Capcom her character rights. There hasn't been a Strider-like issue in the past concerning Karin; she was in all versions of Alpha 3 and even CFJ. If it was such a big, limiting factor, I'm sure Matt would have heard it trickle down to his level and put the kibosh on any Karin related stuff.

Too true, but it does look like Ryu, for some reason may share the stage:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10389936/#Comment_10389936
Karin_Ryu_Stage.jpg

The above link shows that many of the elements found in Ryu's character art can be found in Karin's stage. Karin knows Mika (was sponsoring her or something previously), family knows Ken, has a rivalry with Sakura. Maybe Ryu's just training on the roof while Mamma and Poppa Kanzuki talk business with Ken or his family?

Last edited:
But Alex's last Appearance was TvC. That's Just 5-7 Years ago (2008/2010) depending on region. And the game came out after Vanilla SFIV in their respective regions.
I'm starting to wonder how many times I have to say Street Fighter in one conversation before someone catches it.

I think everybody wants Juri back.
No SFIV characters in the base 16 but I'd bet on Juri coming out pretty damn fast as DLC.

Now that I think about it she reminds me of that Iron Fist character from UMVC3.

...And I never played him so I guess it confirms she simply isn't my cup of tea.

they absolutely cannot use SlamMasters characters in the game or books because Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star) owns their designs (well except for Haggar and I think 1/2 more).
Wow, I never knew about that. That's kinda unfortunate, because I could see SlamMasters finding a new audience pretty quickly if it was brought back. Capcom could probably just make up new characters for it, but given how Fuerte turned out, I'm not sure that'd be the best idea anyway.

Good on Tetsuo for maintaining some control over his work though. Lotta people rush to sign up for those gigs and just get dicked over for it years later.

I hope that because I think she's fun to play, but whatever makes you happy.

She's popular enough I can't see her being absent long.
yep, probably one of the strongest zoners in game

Wow, I never knew about that. That's kinda unfortunate, because I could see SlamMasters finding a new audience pretty quickly if it was brought back. Capcom could probably just make up new characters for it, but given how Fuerte turned out, I'm not sure that'd be the best idea anyway.

Good on Tetsuo for maintaining some control over his work though. Lotta people rush to sign up for those gigs and just get dicked over for it years later.
Yeah, I found out this week and it really rained on my parade. :(

I kept thinking that Black Widow could make for an interesting and unique female wrestler rep for SlamMasters and maybe even be a rival to Mika (though I can't remember what wrestling circuit she's a part of). With how universally popular wrestling is, it's a shame another SLAMMASTERS hasn't been made :(

Interesting, Karin is head of the family now...More quotes!

Rashid def. Necalli – What an amazing transformation! I should’ve taken a video
Rashid def Karin: Whoa there, take it easy! I don't think I could beat you again.
Karin def. Karin - I'm head of the Kanzuki family. Not a mere impostor like you.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! KARIN IS BACK

CAPCOM LISTENED TO THE FANS (at least once!) THEY LISTENED!

Her occupation is being a family member
Not really, that was her occupation, but now she runs the company, that's an actual occupation.

Not that I'm defending her character in any way, Karin in Alpha constantly flips from being kind of cool (sponsering Mika after Mika defeats her, is a good example) to being an absolute bitch ("There is no way someone of your breeding could defeat me").

but it doesnt change the fact the he was in a game 5 years ago lol
I'm not sure if you're being ironic at this point. And it's kind of amazing you're dragging this out if you are.

So they'v revealed 12 out of 16 characters, SFV comes out sometime spring next year. Maybe they are revealing characters too fast? Well its no UMVC3 oops leak.

I quoted a statement earlier from the NA PR guy that could be interpreted as them announcing DLC characters before the game is out. But that's if you want to read it that way.

We know there are at least 2 more reveals this year, and betting on Paris Games Week having one as well isn't a bad idea, so probably at least 3.

Now that I think about it she reminds me of that Iron Fist character from UMVC3.

...And I never played him so I guess it confirms she simply isn't my cup of tea.
Well Iron Fist was damn terrible in it anyway, having no relaunch was fucking retarded. I hate it because Iron Fist is an awesome characters, but that was just dumb.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic at this point. And it's kind of amazing you're dragging this out if you are.
Nope, I'm serious, but I made exactly two comments targeted at your posts (now three) so I'd hardly call that "dragging [it] out" :/

So they'v revealed 12 out of 16 characters, SFV comes out sometime spring next year. Maybe they are revealing characters too fast? Well its no UMVC3 oops leak.
I'm guessing that they'll reveal early DLC, but make an early point that it's all free if you work for it.

Well Iron Fist was damn terrible in it anyway, having no relaunch was fucking retarded. I hate it because Iron Fist is an awesome characters, but that was just dumb.
It's really that shoulder rush attack that did it, tbh. That was the one move I knew I saw somewhere before.

It's really that shoulder rush attack that did it, tbh. That was the one move I knew I saw somewhere before.
I always associate that move with Akira from Virtua Fighter, since it's like his main move.

Nope, I'm serious, but I made exactly two comments targeted at your posts
Then bother having a response to something I actually said.

I'd hardly call that "dragging [it] out" :/
It's pulling up a conversation that was dead yesterday to make a point that doesn't conflict with what I said, I'd call that dragging it out.

This whole thing is silly at this point.

You know what I just realized.....
Even though people don't think Alex and Urien are gonna be in the game I think they could be because when I thought about it Capcom Cup is coming up and who the hell is gonna be hype for Dhalsim, Blanka, Gief or any other SF2 character(already seen in SF4). The only character that would get a lot of hype is probably Akuma. My wild guess is this is Capcom's way of trying to make us think that it's not Alex and Urien because they already saw the leak floating around and want to make people think it's gonna be other characters. I mean they already showed Mika and Karin so why would they show a SF2 character as some of the final reveals? It's not gonna be hype. Going by the people's responses on the net a lot of people weren't to hyped for Vega's reveal. I mean I could be completely wrong, but this is just me sharing my thoughts.

Nobody said they're not going to be in the game, just not in the base 16 unless the NA PR dude has no clue or is lying.

I've said before Capcom Cup would be the place to reveal Alex and Urien, talking to @Sotherius and others, it's just that a direct statement from a branch of Capcom says it's not happening, which I don't know why I need to say this again but that is all I'm stating, I'm not saying they aren't in, base 16 or otherwise, I'm saying the guy who represents Capcom for NA who has been giving info all this time said they weren't.

And Karin was clearly going to be revealed at TGS, this has been said countless times in the thread. As for Mika's reveal, it's was a "surprise", but I don't see why that means it should have been held. There is no reason Capcom Cup can't be new characters, or maybe they think Guile or whoever would really excite people, I can't say.

If Alex and Urien are in the base 16, which would be great, yeah, Capcom Cup is the place.

Back