• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Don't worry you haven't posted this here before @Shockdingo.

It makes sense we wouldn't really have anything concrete about anything not revealed at this point as it is just speculation, although some things might end up true you never know.

More or less than 16 characters is fine with me (depending on what those characters are, of course), though I really hope the game doesn't balloon out to 40+ characters like SFIV unless most character-specific stuff is de-emphasized.

Mika
Yamato
El Fuerte
Alex
Zangief
Hugo
there's a good fraction of the cast right there

Having less characters so that it doesn't become bloated seems to be a good idea, although given the amount of characters they could add they might have issues limiting themselves and trying to appeal to everyone.

Would probably help if they keep the characters that are similair to each other out of the game.

Fuck that. Put everyone in the game.

Reactions: YoYoCheese
Can we just like, sacrifice Zangief to get mayor Mike? Please?

Q is love, Q is justice, Q is style, Q is David. (Must...whore out...my theory..hnnngh)

I really hope Q, Urien and Alex show up in this. Also, I'm really really anxious to see the new characters. Getting Charlie in was a dream come true and I'm curious how different he's gonna be. Someone pointed out that other than the gem he seems to have a scar or wound near his eyebrow in the reveal footage. Look really closely near his eyebrow.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Juri
Cody
Q
Dudley
Alex
Haggar
Buncha new guys.

Weird they'd use Charlie as an Illuminati

Haggar
Q
Sean
Captain Commando
Geki
A new Canadian Character

And Eagle Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Weird they'd use Charlie as an Illuminati
I can see two angles on this;
They found him an forced him to work for them by brainwashing him or giving him a cruel look at how broken he was after Alpha 3.
He, in absolute desperation and hate for Bison went to them to get enough power to strike down Bison.

The thing is, Illuminati creates genetic aberrations and enslaves people like Effie and Necro for experiments, but we haven't seen any examples of them mind controlling, that seems to be Shadaloo's thing, though it's not out of the question. Also, I've been thinking that since Gill and Urien are the only people we've seen with the gems, but none of the lowly members (Kolin aka Gill's trusted secretary, that huge-headed scientist, the bg characters, or any of their experiments like Necro) it must be of some major importance and ranking to get that.

Edit: I hear that, I want a Canadian character as well, gotta represent my homeland! :D

Alternatively, how much of Gill's past do we actually know? Genuinely curious, I don't keep up with SF lore (though who does).

For all we know Charlie might actually be Gill.

Alternatively, how much of Gill's past do we actually know? Genuinely curious, I don't keep up with SF lore (though who does).

For all we know Charlie might actually be Gill.
Well, here's his wiki page. Has some backstory info. Probably disproves him being Charlie.

Ah, never mind then. Random fan theories ahoy.

It's hard to keep up with the SF lore. There used to be a plot guide by TiamatRoar that really helped, but it's changed hands over the years and recently, the newer guy in charge was shown to be inaccurate and twisting facts when it came to the SF4 era -- he kept claiming that the Japanese versions told a different story, despite all versions of Guile's opening saying Charlie Nash it, "wasn't really his full name", this isn't canon, that isn't canon etc.

The most notable example was that he said the Japanese versions of SF 4 showed that Gen and Gouken were dead, but these characters that are playable were puppets raised and/ or created by S.I.N.. Gen in particular was supposed to "have remembered dying" and Gouken showed hints in his dialog that he was a clone who thought himself to be the real deal. Finally a few people on SRK kept clashing over stuff like this in the "Warrior's Fate thread" and eventually asked a guy who lives in Japan ( I can't remember his name, but he's a respected member of the community and is fluent in Japanese) he immediately debunked a lot. After this, the newer guy, threw a tantrum, killed all online versions of the plot guide (even though the old and original versions were made by TiamatRoar) and disappeared for a while. He recently popped up again and started updating the guide again. So because of this, people are unsure of what to trust in the guide, which is a shame because there's a lot of good info in there, but there's some false info being presented as fact when it's just loosely put together theories.

My advice, is to take a look at the whole thing if SF lore interests you, but be VERY VERY wary of the entries on SF 4 and beyond. Things prior to that were fine since they separated theory from fan speculation presented as fact.

About Gill, all we really know is he and Urien were raised from childhood into the Secret Society cult to be the next leader -- the worthy one was the latest reincarnation of their great and late leader. Because of this, Charlie and the blond kid the Boxer stole aren't candidates, though we don't know if SF3 is going to face major retcons, so anything is possible. It would be a crazy and interesting twist if Charlie, so disgusted and horrified by the corruption of the world took it upon himself to become the dark hero the world needed, went big boss and became Gill, though pulling off that would need a complex story and if handled wrong could torpedo everything about his character.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
The slow walkspeed is REALLY killing me. Why on earth does it have to be so slow? Did they learn nothing from SF4? ugh

All I ask is that Training stage can only be accessed in training mode, if they have to have one.

The game can be mvc1 for all I care as long as pro play isn't consumed by training stage and its music - the whitewashing in the FGC has got to stop.
This is pretty high on the list of most retarded things I've read on this forum

Congratulations

The slow walkspeed is REALLY killing me. Why on earth does it have to be so slow? Did they learn nothing from SF4? ugh
It really wasnt that bad; plus, it's in the alpha or pre-alpha stages. And the jump distance look relatively far so they may be pushing for more jump-ins.

or people who admit that they are retarded.
because a word shouldn't offend you unless the word actually pertains to you specifically.
meaning if the word retarded 'offends you', guess what? you just admitted to being retarded.

Last edited:
just giving my two cents you hopeful returner to the world of Street Fighter.

you wanna know who else should return just because?
Decapre. more specifically her Omega mode. she becomes way more fun with that.

or people who admit that they are retarded.
because a word shouldn't offend you unless the word actually pertains to you specifically.
meaning if the word retarded 'offends you', guess what? you just admitted to being retarded.

Ain't that a bit like saying if you're offended by the f-slur, you're admitting to being gay?
Or that if you're offended by the n-word you're just admitting to be black?
I mean it doesn't for one, but it hardly matters anyways,
really if someone with mental illness gets offended by the word shouldn't that be a bigger sign not to use it than a neurotypical person getting offended?

I, uh,
I kinda want to follow this up with something actually SF related so this post doesn't become completely off-topic
but there's like no other discussion to hook onto.

don't say retarded
it's not a very nice word

I use mongoloid sometimes because barely anyone probably knows what that means (Humans are uneducated right?)

So ANYWAY shifting the discussion back to what's important, I hope that if Q is in this, his storyline gives a few more details on him, but still slowly expands the mystery. Overall I hope he's a good guy, or at the very least a wildcard nuetral player who has his own goals, but leans towards good rather than evil.

I never played Street Fighter III but from what I gathered, no one knows Q's identity right?

there has been a lot of talk about how Q is secretly Chun's dad, which I think is pretty dumb. why wouldn't he fight like Chun-Li? or even have a single move similar to Chun-Li?
also it wouldn't explain why Q is around everywhere near natural disasters. I will say it'd be interesting for there to be SEVERAL Qs running around all over the place.

the mumbling in one of his victory quotes is just him trying to remember what he needs to get.

I never played Street Fighter III but from what I gathered, no one knows Q's identity right?
Nope, even his profile is just a statement from the CIA dismissing his existence. His ending has minor bits of speculation material and if you look closely at the newspaper on the wall, it has a boat similar to the one in Ken's SF2 stage and a bunch of illegible text, except for the words "Robodekka Q". I've got a theory based off of the SF plot guide that he's in fact David, the black agent with the similar clothing. Time to whore out my theory *points to signature*

the mumbling in one of his victory quotes is just him trying to remember what he needs to get.
When he says "I am Abomination" he's trying to remember to pick up the documentary based on the failed adaptation of the World Warrior incident that is the in-universe equivalent to the Van Damme movie, only it wasn't goofy-awesome, but rather tragically spear-headed by the SF universe's Uwe Boll stand in.