• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

the thing about the guy on the boat in Ken's SF 2 stage is that he's been removed in SF2 turbo HD in both the redrawn and redesigned stage.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Interesting, didn't know they took him out. Don't know if there was any significant reason for his removal but in regards to the "is "Stage man supposed to be Q?" urban legend, I just think that the whole idea was that when making SF3 they took a look at that and for a dare said "make a character based on that guy!" as a bet or something. I don't think he's supposed to be a years hidden easter egg. Way too excitable and upon closer look, he looks totally human, just not very detailed. The boat in Q's ending may have just been a nifty call back or something to get people speculating hah.

Q is just look for a good doctor to help him with his chronic explosion syndrome
unfortunately Q's method of trying to find doctors is by punching
and exploding
he didn't really think things through

It really wasnt that bad; plus, it's in the alpha or pre-alpha stages. And the jump distance look relatively far so they may be pushing for more jump-ins.

It looks slower than SF4 dude. I could be wrong, but I mean, walk speed is something you can easily notice is fast or slow based on trailers.

Heh I remember a fanfic prediction that Q was actually Bison after he loses his psycho powers, so he dons a mask to hide his identity and seeks revenge, or something like that.

Again, FANFIC.

This game better have a better parrying system then focus attacks.....

AND WHERE IS KEN??? They better not make him look stupid like they did in SF4...... I want him to be cut like a diamond 0.0 not beffy

I think the body types are going back to "normal" from what we've seen, the limbs aren't engorged and Ryu isn't doing his impression of the Hulk, so hopefully they bring down the level of hugeness down for some people unless they're Zangief-tier.

I think the body types are going back to "normal" from what we've seen, the limbs aren't engorged and Ryu isn't doing his impression of the Hulk, so hopefully they bring down the level of hugeness down for some people unless they're Zangief-tier.
They way they made Ryu thus far impresses me he looks rugged and tired (I like this a lot and hope they treat ken the same way). Also the eye shadow on chun is kind over kill but that might just be me

unfortunately Q's method of trying to find doctors is by punching

Uh excuse you.

The proper term is hand slaps.

Q only does that kind of slap after he buys you dinner first

I kinda want Twelve back.

The best part of playing Twelve is the few seconds every match where you get to be using X.C.O.P.Y

who needs Twelve when Necro exists and is a much more likable character
and is also a character

Reactions: Covenant
who needs Twelve when Necro exists and is a much more likable character
and is also a character
XCOPY. Needles. Birdman.

Reactions: Eva-Unit-Shrek
The best part of playing Twelve is the few seconds every match where you get to be using X.C.O.P.Y

All the old Twelve players that I played with in the day were always so adamant about how he was actually really good and that nobody gave him a chance
and every single one of them used X.C.O.P.Y.
None of them ever noticed the irony of that scenario.

They way they made Ryu thus far impresses me he looks rugged and tired (I like this a lot and hope they treat ken the same way). Also the eye shadow on chun is kind over kill but that might just be me
Ken's gi will most likely look nicer than Ryu's
because Ken can afford a washing machine.

the best part of Twelve is when you aren't playing as Twelve, apparently

Ken's gi will most likely look nicer than Ryu's
because Ken can afford a washing machine.
well yeah but still I expect ken to be scared up and what not. I don't want a he-man looking ken this time

ken actually dyed his hair white and started fighting with a sword

ken actually dyed his hair white and started fighting with a sword
NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY THIRD STRIKE KEN!!!!!!!!!

that depends on if the guy who voiced SF4 Ken will reprise his role in SF5.
which, tbh, I prefer english Ken since he sounds more cocky.

the joke is that english ken is voiced by Reuben Langdon
who is Dante

who is Dante
oh...... I thought you were calling him he-man ........Gomenazi.......

who is Dante

That's silly. Next you're going to tell me that Guile is voiced by Roy Mustang.

and Yun is a wizard who suffers from motion sickness. gimme a break man.

Or that Chun-Li used to be a homunculus before she joined Interpol.

Or that C. Viper went on to be a psychopathic blood goddess.

or that E.Honda was once the best Cid in final fatasy

Hey, they let Rolento beat people with a stick and D. Dark toss C4 around, so anything is possible.

Speaking of accessories...

v6aeMU0.jpg

Chun-Li's bowl of noodles "shame accessory." Makes me think what other forced equipment you can get an opponent to wear in humiliation after knocking them down into the scenery. Like, if you KO Blanka in the left side of the Solar Eclipse Africa stage from IV, does he get back up covered in hippo dung? Get burned or covered in ashes at a volcano stage? Get a banana peel and syringe in a NY alley stage?