• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Can someone explain the Urien love? Because I don't think I get it.

I'm kinda bad with directional inputs so, i have trouble even with double fireball motions if i have to do in a short amount of time, so charged supers are specially hard for me to
Just keep at it, it will be natural soon enough. I'm trying to learn charge partitioning myself and it's a nightmare, but it'll be fine once I get it.

Though since Bison's super isn't a charge I'm going to hope that means none are.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with learning to effectively charge moves during combos (called Charge....Partitioning? That's the term right? I know things, right? RIGHT?!) is that many characters have different times. Big Band has moves that make it feel smooth, but characters like Vatista have different charge times for each of her specials, making if hard to create and remember combos that utilize the charge moves effectively. Instead of getting used to a style of playing, its more memorizing which points you can pull off the charge move per character instead of anything really universal amongst different games.

charge partitioning is when the game gives you leeway to not be holding the charge but get it back again. It was pretty essential for Urien reflector shenanigans

called Charge....Partitioning
No, what you're talking about is charge buffering. Charge partitioning is way worse.
Instead of getting used to a style of playing, its more memorizing which points you can pull off the charge move per character instead of anything really universal amongst different games.
I would argue that's a difference in games, not in characters. I don't know that charge partitioning is even a thing in SG, charge times are drastically shorter than something like 3S.

In skullgirls i've been training Parasoul, and i like her charge times, is about what? 1~2 jabs, i think that is a good charge time.

I think SFV will have charge times like that, as stated in videos and gameplay, the charge times are faster. (And Bison in his V-trigger doesn't require charges at all)

In SFIV, all i know is that if you start charging right after using a fireball, you'll have another charge when the fireball lands if you are fullscreen, but in general people say it is 2 seconds of charge

In third strike, i'm trying to learn chun and makoto for some time now, and chun have one charge move, that is the spinning bird kick, it seems that charge times in 3s are fast too, not as fast as Skullgirls, but it seems faster than Street Fighter IV

Now that I saw this Urien gameplay, it reminded me that for some reason Seth had a lot of identical normals to those Urien and Gill use (not to mention general body type).

I wonder if they will connect story in SF3 and 4 by making Seth a prototype to what they did to Urien and Gill... could be interesting.

it seems that charge times in 3s are fast too
They're not bad when you're tying to do a move once or separate charge directions into each other, but try doing tackle, tackle, headbutt as Urien.
Using Aegis as a buffer makes life pretty easy, but sometimes you don't have meter.

Or something without partitioning, just buffering. c.HP>Short Tackle>Aegis>Roundhouse Tackle>Roundhouse Tackle

Now that I saw this Urien gameplay, it reminded me that for some reason Seth had a lot of identical normals to those Urien and Gill use (not to mention general body type).

I wonder if they will connect story in SF3 and 4 by making Seth a prototype to what they did to Urien and Gill... could be interesting.
I've been wondering why they did that since the first picture of Seth appeared on Capcom Unity. The thing is Gill and Urien were around before that I believe. The whole Illuminati thing starts when they're pretty young and culminates with the top guys learning their mysterious arts which give them their powers. They could retcon things though, and in ooooooooooooooooooold material it was stated that Bison had a master and trained with two other students. So while Urien and Gill are much younger then Bison, maybe Bison was connected somehow to those Illuminated ones.

I want SFV to be post SFIII, i think would be better in general, the story moving foward, but maybe they can connect 3 to 4 somehow.

And well, seth is just a bunch of moves of other persons, maybe Bison had intel inside the iluminatti and captured data from Urien and Gill.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I want SFV to be post SFIII
I like that in SFIII they actually gave characters moved to show their advancement, if this happens it'd be nice if they did that again.

And gave Ryu his Donkey Kick back.

Inb4 Bison is the actual founder of Illuminati and was pulling the strings the entire time.

Post Sf3 is a great idea. I'm expecting minor retcons (to move it from 1998/9 for one) but I do have hope they'll get the story focus right this time. On SRK I mentioned that I feel a MKX-style StoryMode intro of "The Story So Far" to catch up everyone and inform of the past history would be a good idea.

Inb4 Bison is the actual founder of Illuminati and was pulling the strings the entire time.
Lol, well, at least it's a better idea than having it be...b-be...In *cough*...In *bleeds* Ingr-*hemorahges* Ingrid. *bursts into green flames* I feel like having a drink....excuse me.

I actually want to see something in the lines of Shadaloo vs Iluminatti.

I mean, Bison is in a quest to find the perfect body for himself right? i mean, he tried to take over ryu.

And what Gill is? A perfect body, i mean, the guy is almost divine, and i think Urien is almost in the same boat as perfect bodies.

Imagine that Charlie was resurrected as a weapon to help defeat shadaloo. (I don't know exactly what iluminatti would have against shadaloo, but they can come up with something).

And in that, we have our characters.

Ryu: Just trying to get stronger and find better oponents (really, can they this time make a plot for ryu?)
Chun: What shadaloo or Iluminatti is doing gets to her knowledge and even as a retired cop, she decides to enter the war once more (see, chun has better character development than ryu in most games)
Nash: Kill bison, revengeance, basic, but effective.
Cammy: Probably in a quest to rescue the dolls (that is my guess), and destroy shadaloo.
Birdie: I don't know.

I actually want to see something in the lines of Shadaloo vs Iluminatti.

I mean, Bison is in a quest to find the perfect body for himself right? i mean, he tried to take over ryu.

And what Gill is? A perfect body, i mean, the guy is almost divine, and i think Urien is almost in the same boat as perfect bodies.

Imagine that Charlie was resurrected as a weapon to help defeat shadaloo. (I don't know exactly what iluminatti would have against shadaloo, but they can come up with something).

And in that, we have our characters.

Ryu: Just trying to get stronger and find better oponents (really, can they this time make a plot for ryu?)
Chun: What shadaloo or Iluminatti is doing gets to her knowledge and even as a retired cop, she decides to enter the war once more (see, chun has better character development than ryu in most games)
Nash: Kill bison, revengeance, basic, but effective.
Cammy: Probably in a quest to rescue the dolls (that is my guess), and destroy shadaloo.
Birdie: I don't know.
Their whole thing is about preventing a great cataclysm and leading the chosen people to paraside, and in Yun's 3rd Strike ending, Gill mentions the near future will see a collapse of the balance of life and death and others things. I definitely think Bison could play a part in this or even someone on SRK mentioned that Gill could see Gouken's balance of MU being an affront to the Illuminati's ideals. Thus springing a coordinated effort to eliminate him.

I hope the recent interviews with Matt Dahlgren that claims they'll "be doing things differently this time around" hold true. There's a wealth of content for Street Fighter that's been scattered in the wind for decades, and I'd love things to come together tightly to bring about a rather exciting story.

I wonder if they will connect story in SF3 and 4 by making Seth a prototype to what they did to Urien and Gill...
Those three are definitely homies.
FzOgISg.png

About story mode, i think it should be a mix between the arcade modes we have, with the story of MK9, in the sense that you pick a character, and you play his story, and trough his battles, to his ending, but all storys connect, without problems, like, in MKX, the first chapter is Johnny Cage, and then, Sub Zero, but my idea would be, those 2 chapters, separated by a character select screen in the story, something like skullgirls, but instead of being different versions of a canon, all stories being a chapter of the big story, and maybe the last story is available once you finish all the other characters playtrough.

Man, I loved the SF collab (it was tons of fun and by voicing a segment, it introduced me to a great friend). I hope newgrounds organizes another one for SF5 :(

My fav part was the last animation in the collab. You know which one I mean. :3

my favorite part of the collab will always be Johnny_Utah's (AKA Jeff) Third Strike Bar.
always my favorite.

and let's pour one out for the flash that killed Kira Buckland's reputation: Street Fighter Club...
what the fuck was she thinking....

at least she's now a boss we all know and want playable in Skullgirls.

i've never seen this collab you are talking about, i mean, i probably saw some animations (did egoraptor did some?), so i don't know.

I still say it to this day, "Thank god Akuma became a businessman."

Speaking of collabs and fan projects, I'm actually a bit surprised there aren't more bits of original content like spoofs for SF. I mean there were a lot of awesome sprite flashes (unfortunately, a ton of them just featured the shotos and not other electrifying members of the cast)), but I kept expecting that after the SF collab and the SF4 series, there'd be a jump in stuff.

Jesus Christ Stamper...

Speaking of collabs and fan projects, I'm actually a bit surprised there aren't more bits of original content like spoofs for SF. I mean there were a lot of awesome sprite flashes (unfortunately, a ton of them just featured the shotos and not other electrifying members of the cast)), but I kept expecting that after the SF collab and the SF4 series, there'd be a jump in stuff.
There are.....they're just very inappropriate.

All i can do is fan arts, and i'm doing it. xD Nothing adult.

tbh, I find the more inappropriate ones funnier than the more all age ones in the flash collab.
although the first flash in the collab is also one of my favorites.
Pigpen's is just.... eh.

Juri is like everybody's new girl, she might fit well in SF5 but some things have got to go, aka her counter move. That move just doesn't seem like the kind of thing to have in SF5.
I get what you mean seeing as other characters have similar types of teleports that have riskier requirements (not to mention that, if hers continued to work the way it does in USF4, it would probably be yet another way on top of her V-skill for her to build V-gauge and could get seriously broken) and wouldn't complain about seeing it go but, if it did, I'd like to see its animation get adapted into her V-reversal. I just wonder what they'd replace it with.

And while her V-trigger is painfully obvious, I'm at a loss as to what her V-skill would be. Assuming we can write off Seth as being dead after SF4--and lacking the popularity of Nash to eventually be resurrected, especially so soon--I'd honestly like to see her get a variation of his Tanden Engine either as her V-skill or a new special move (the input fitting perfectly as a replacement for Kasatushi, for instance).

Or perhaps a modified Kasatushi could be refitted as her V-skill in the same way Cammy's Spin Knuckle was, but with its risk increased or offensive capability reduced. Maybe just have it be the MP version, so that she she'd have an escape tool that can still use it to build V-gauge but she's put out of range to really maintain the sort of spacing and pressure she likes.

And hey, combine that with replacing the special version of Kasatushi with Tanden Engine (which I will henceforth refer to as "Fatal Attraction" in her case) and it could give her a fair enough replacement for the old Kasatushi as an approach tool.

what if they brought back Juri but she had Seth's engine in her stomach now too

what if they brought back Juri but she had Seth's engine in her stomach now too
IIRC that was an idea they had when they were first designing her and they quickly decided it wouldn't look right, which is why she got the one in her eye.

yeah sure that sounds great... Juri and her fine Korean spider booty. Sorry I'm distracted, I'm making a cold Blackberry Lemon Pie.

yeah sure that sounds great... Juri and her fine Korean spider booty. Sorry I'm distracted, I'm making a cold Blackberry Lemon Pie.
what if Juri had two of seth's engines and they replaced her ass

what if Juri had two of seth's engines and they replaced her ass
Animation for my Fatal Attraction proposal would be amazing if that were the case.

Sorry I'm distracted, I'm making a cold Blackberry Lemon Pie.
Is that some kind of weird euphemism?

Juri's ass is bigger, stronger, faster, better.

It is the 6 million dollar booty.

On a more serious note I always wanted to learn Urien but my execution is too ass to even try. So I hope if he does make it in SFV I hope he switches to motions too in hopes of tackle combos being easier.

They said we're getting new characters "very soon" so Comic Con or Evo.

So, there's no way we're not getting Blanka right? Ono is always carrying that thing around.