• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Fun Nash combo
EX Tragedy Assault, down V-Trigger, j.HK, EX Sonic Scythe. Does alright damage for the resources unless you had 3 bars, in which case your CA is what you want to do. This is admittedly more for flash, but any confirm you can link or chain into s.MP combos into EX Tragedy Assault.

Also, since I mentioned CA, if you have full meter always just confirm into Medium Sonic Scythe which cancels into your CA.

So, say you confirm jab or couch jab, your combo should look like c/s.LP, s.LK, c.MP, Medium Sonic Scythe, Judgment Saber. If you only have one bar make the Scythe an EX for damage, or a EX Tragedy Assault if you want some health. Actually if you can confirm in one hit, just confirm with the LK you're better off.

Last edited:
so what is included in the beta?

Holy fuck that's a cool name for a special move.
It's also a really cool move, though sadly it's uses are extremely limited, it's a hitgrab, heavy version huts overhead but has like a full second if start up, all versions take some if the opponent's meterand EX while doing less damage than heavy and not hitting overhead also gives you some health.

so what is included in the beta?
Training mode which is pretty nice so far, though no command list. It's the E3 build so the first 6 characters, matchmaking happens in the background while your training so you'll just get thrown into a match every so often.

Weirdly, and I thought they said otherwise, you can't pick your character at the start of a match, so if you wanted to try someone to see what they felt like, prepare to get dumped into a match with them.

In North America it seems like you can get into training mode easily enough, Ive been in for an hour or so now but I've only gotten one match, so that seems to be even more busted than before.

Actually right after I posted that they took the servers down, said they'd be back up around the time I'm posting this though, so hopefully you get a chance.

I only managed to get into training mode for 15 minutes until I got booted and it is still a struggle to log on. Gonna call it quits for today.

By the way, should I keep updating the Nash stuff? I'm asking because I don't even know if anyone here cares about playing him, in which case I can just stop posting stuff, was doing it because I was stuck in training anyway and thought I'd share my personal findings for anyone who was interested in him.

By the way, should I keep updating the Nash stuff? I'm asking because I don't even know if anyone here cares about playing him, in which case I can just stop posting stuff, was doing it because I was stuck in training anyway and thought I'd share my personal findings for anyone who was interested in him.
shia-labeouf-most-intense-motivational-speech.jpg
(psh! And some cammy too.)

i'm searching for chun li related stuff, she has some interesting tech, but it seems that she is the least popular character of the beta.

psh! And some cammy too.
When the Beta evens out, I will try, though by then there will probably be stuff available from pro players more dedicated to mashing into the beta than I am (and I'm not implying there is anything wrong with that) the reason I was doing Nash tech is because there isn't a whole lot out there yet and I was able to actually figure stuff out to contribute, since he is who I've spent my limited time with.

Ryu's taunt brings back some memories.
Also, c.MP links into V-Skill for Nash, still can't link off it though, but I am checking everything now because I didn't find anything that went into it before sans jump ins.

Also there are currently reports of the announcer saying "Cody wins" in what people assume to be a glitch, I haven't heard this in or out of the game, so I can't confirm. If that is happening I would hope that my theory of the character chart being divided by SF1-IV, Alpha series, V is true, since if the popular theory of "SF2, Not SF2, V" is correct that only gives us one SFIII character. But this may all be nothing anyway, who knows.

Last edited:
Nash is fucking rad as hell.
He really is. Also, just a heads up, right now people approach then neutral empty jump to avoid you doing a wake up throw kind of automatically right now, so jump airthrow is a great tactic (and one of your best anti air options) on wqke up and you can get most people with Tragedy Assault in neutral at least once because they don't understand what's happening yet.

Wait people are doing third strike stuff of empty jump into NOTHING?!

*sigh* wish I had a PS4 right now.

Wait people are doing third strike stuff of empty jump into NOTHING?!
Right now, at least.

Also there are currently reports of the announcer saying "Cody wins" in what people assume to be a glitch, I haven't heard this in or out of the game, so I can't confirm. If that is happening I would hope that my theory of the character chart being divided by SF1-IV, Alpha series, V is true, since if the popular theory of "SF2, Not SF2, V" is correct that only gives us one SFIII character. But this may all be nothing anyway, who knows.
So far all I can find is one post on Capcom-Unity and nothing else to back it up, so I'm pretty skeptical.

All the win quotes posted so far:
============

Nash to Bison: "I came back to kill you! Nothing more, nothing less..."
Nash to Ryu: "That's the power of the Satsui no Hado? I expected more."
Nash to Birdie: "You've managed to become an idiotic pig. What's the point of you staying alive?"
Nash to Nash: "What's happened to my body?"
Nash to Cammy: "If you were HIS servant, you are just as guilty. Prepare to repent."
Nash to Chun-Li: "Get in my way again, and I'll kill you where you stand."

Chun-Li to Bison: "As long as Shadaloo exists, I'll keep fighting!"
Chun-Li to Ryu: "You've gotten stronger since we last met. Keep it up!"
Chun-Li to Chun-Li: "My Kung Fu cannot be defeated by a mere imitator!"
Chun-Li to Nash: "Hands behind your back! You're under arrest!"
Chun-Li to Cammy: "You've really sharpened your skills. Wanna go another round?"

Birdie to Nash: "That face! Did ya get those scars goin' against Shadaloo, Mate?"
Birdie to Cammy: "I think I recognize that face of yours. Hey, you one of 'em Dolls, ain't ya?
Birdie to Birdie: "You got guts for tryin' to steal my food! But don't think you can get away with it!"
Birdie to Ryu: "A fight's just another type of food! There's no meaning to it, mate!"
Birdie to Bison: "I'm done with Shadaloo! You're just another enemy now!"

Cammy to Nash: "I've heard about you. You're coming with me."
Cammy to Birdie: "Too slow. Did you think you could catch me?"
Cammy to Ryu: "I gained a lot from this fight. I have to rethink how I train."
Cammy to Cammy: "I've already decided. I will not run from my past."
Cammy to Chun-Li: "Training with you is always helpful. I look forward to next time."

Bison to Nash: "You should consider it an honor to fall by my hand twice!"
Bison to Ryu: "You are worthless suppressing the Satsui no Hado. Die."
Bison to Chun-Li: "I'll send you to meet your father. But the price is your very life."
Bison to Bison: "Trash. Nothing but a low level impostor."
Bison to Cammy: "With death, all is forgotten. Pain, suffering, and even the past."
Bison to Birdie: "Ridiculous. Did you think worthless scum like you could challenge the great M. Bison?"

Ryu to Chun-Li: "You've been working on your combos, I see. Nice moves!"
Ryu to Nash: "The path of vengeance may not lead to the answers you seek."
Ryu to Birdie: "Huh, you want food? Well, I've got some Natto."
Ryu to Ryu: "I am no longer plagued by doubt. Confidence will lead me forward."
Ryu to Cammy: "Hmm, transforming speed to power. That way of fighting suits you well."
Ryu to Bison: "You're strong. Nothing more."
Ryu to Ken: "This isn't finished yet. Right, Ken?"

Ken to Ken: "Looks like you can copy my moves. Too bad you can't copy my power."
Ken to Birdie : “Boy you can eat ! But where the heck are you pulling that food from ?”
Ken to Charlie : “Man, you’ve changed. Looking a little rough around the edges these days”
Ken to Ryu : “Ho, I enjoyed fighting with you. Wanna go another round?”

I'm pretty skeptical.
You should be, all I've been able to find are sourceless claims, as I said. Just threw it in because why not, but since this amount of time has passed with nothing shown I'm going to dasy it's nothing.

how are Cammy and Birdie?
I haven't touched Cammy, and Birdie I only got a bit of time in training mode with (and half a couple laggy matchs that crashed) and most of what I can tell you is pretty well known; hard hitting far reaching normals, a rush move, headbutt 2 command grabs and a hitgrab, combos are only a couple hits but that's all you need, Jab and Fierce are amazing, his jumping command grab that goes over projectiles goes full screen on the heavy version, the EX is a lot shorter and he does a dive. People will currently fall for jumping into your chain if you throw a can, it's also just a good response to projectiles in general. V-Trigger increases damage for every special, but only the rush special (which the V-Trigger grants a couple hits of armor and a ton of hits) actually drains the trigger, it's also the only move I could successfully link into super when I was messing around with him. Banana stays out for a long time and you can't do another V-Skill during that time. It's been forever since I played Alpha, I don't remember if this was a command grab or a super, but the grab he had where he'd slam you around with the chain? That's his EX hit grab, loght is short in front of you, medium is long in front of you, heavy is 45 degrees in the air.

Just as a not gameplay note, when you wiff his command grabs his recovery animation actually includes him flicking out the switchblade comb and combing his hair, trying to play it off.

Birdie was really fun what little time I spent with him, but when matches were actually happening constantly during the last hour of the beta last night I just stuck with Nash because he is extremely fun and who I had dumped the most time into since I was making combos and figuring shit out with him all my earlier time in the game.

Played about 4 hours of the beta and I really enjoyed it. Between the random disconnects I kept getting I did try some things out.

Ryu - Didn't play much, but I can say his links are beyond easy

Chun-Li - She's fun to play and her V-skill and V-trigger are interesting. I found myself getting rekt by uppercuts when I tried to use her V-skill to jump over fireballs(or I would jump over the opponent by accident) or the fireball still hit me. I was actually using her V-skill more to combo with(aircombos). I was mostly using her cr.MP to dodge fireballs. While in V-trigger a good combo I found with her was j.hp, s.mp, cr.mk, Hyakuretsukyaku(Lighting Legs), into super. She's kind of difficult to win with, but I was still able to take games with her.

Nash - Started to figure out crazy shit but got disconnected. I was able to combo off that EX command grab by teleporting(which looks pretty damn cool). A lot of stuff I figured out people already know.

Bison - Tried some things out, but never got started like I wanted to.

Cammy - Played about 30-40 mins with her and I figured out a really cool link. f+HK, b+HP, V-trigger cancel, cr.MK, Spiral Arrow, Cannon Strike(Super works to). Does good damage and is really good if you want to cancel into her V-trigger.

Birdie - Really didn't play at all.

Most of my time in the beta was me fighting against people so I didn't get a bunch of lab time. I spent most of the lab time trying to figure out Chun and I started to use Nash so I could get use to him. Overall my impression of the netcode is that it's good(when it works), but of course if your fighting someone who just has terrible internet it won't save it. I fought about 27 or so games in total and about half of those matches were unplayable while the rest ran smooth(for the most part). I believe Capcom is going in the right direction with the netcode and it can only get better(hopefully). My overall impression of the gameplay is that it's fun, but don't go into it expecting to play it like SF4 because it plays completely different and the game kinda feels awkward at first. The game is definitely fun and WAY easier(so if you have never played SF now's the time to get into it) and that's pretty much my experience with the game. Whenever I can get back into the beta I'll probably play more Bison and other characters, but for the most part I'll stick with Nash and Chun for now.

I was able to combo off that EX command grab by teleporting(which looks pretty damn cool)
Yeah, that's the one I posted earliest, EX grab > Down teleport >HK > EX Scythe kick, very stylish, also just a heavy Scythe kick seems to work as well, not tested but it's probably better against Chun since the second set of hits on the EX version don't connect on her. I have some BnBs for him as well, if you want them, as well as I posted a ton of general information already. But yeah, using the teleport after any sort of launch for a combo extension looks and feels great.

Oddly all but two of my matches were completely smooth, which was nice, though it failed to record results whenever I won.

I didn't spend any times with Chun Li or Bison though, please, tell me about charges, I only got to test them for about 3 seconds before a crash and just went back to Nash.

Oddly all but two of my matches were completely smooth, which was nice, though it failed to record results whenever I won.

I didn't spend any times with Chun Li or Bison though, please, tell me about charges, I only got to test them for about 3 seconds before a crash and just went back to Nash.
For some reason a lot of my matches also failed to record, but my record kept resetting after they would reset the server anyway. Both of Chun's charge moves are decent, but something I didn't always use in matches. Her charge projectile is kinda weak and I only really used it to keep people at bay or to clash with the opponent's projectile(or I used the EX version). Though I did find a interesting confirm with it, so if you throw out the light version of her projectile follow behind it then j.hp, s.mp, cr.mk, lighting legs into super you get good damage, but you can only do it in V-trigger. Though I haven't done this on an opponent yet, but I'd imagine the opponent would have to be sleeping to get hit by it. I tried doing her Spinning Bird Kick on people, but it just seemed like it was getting beat out(at one point Ryu's sweep actually knocked me out of the animation). I only found good use of SBK when I woke up and EX'd with it. I guess the reason Chun isn't being used by a lot of people is because she just can't rack up damage quickly like other characters.

From the short time I had with Bison he was really fun. Most of his charge moves can be linked into like his Psycho Blast, Double Knee Press, and his Psycho Inferno. His V-trigger is awesome and is one of my favorite things about SFV Bison because he can cancel his specials into EX specials, so for example if you did Double Knee Press you could cancel it into EX Psycho Inferno and it doesn't require a charge(and it does a lot of damage). Sadly I wanted to test this out more, but I got put into 2 matches and after the second match I got disconnected and when I was able to get back in I switched over to Nash(might play more Bison though).

Here is a guy doing some cool combos with Bison.

Last edited:
Reactions: skumbag and Aden
Thanks, also, forgot you can airgrab off Nashes down teleport after launching with EX grab.

Might have to try Bison out, he's never been someone I cared for but these combos look fun and I need a charge character since Urien is still a question. Plus his walk and V-Trigger are pretty great.

All the win quotes posted so far:
[NASH]
I don't normally care about PLOT in a capcom fighter but wow FrankenNash is such an abysmally terrible character. Like it's not even funny, they deliberately sabotaged the art style of the SF universe for some desperate appeal to nostalgia by making this horrible edgy character.

Wow. Cammy is so much fun in SFV. I'll probably pick her up instead of Chun-Li (is anyone using Chun in this game?)

Reactions: No longer exist
Wow. Cammy is so much fun in SFV. I'll probably pick her up instead of Chun-Li (is anyone using Chun in this game?)
I will once I get another chance at the beta.

I don't normally care about PLOT in a capcom fighter but wow FrankenNash is such an abysmally terrible character. Like it's not even funny, they deliberately sabotaged the art style of the SF universe for some desperate appeal to nostalgia by making this horrible edgy character.
I disagree (though, to be fair, I am a huge Charlie fan, so blinders might be on). I find this direction to be an interesting and depressing turn for him. He was the guy who put it all on the line for justice (his SFalpha nickname was literally "Cool Justice") and he got betrayed by the upper brass until his "death". He lost everything in his quest and somehow has been given a second chance at a terrible price.

He's been revived by the Secret Society/Gill and we don't know the extent of manipulation they've done. For one, he's got a Third Eye Opal, only Gill and Urien have been seen with those, not even Gill's beloved right-hand-woman, Kolin has one, so that's gotta be significant. They're not above twisting people in their preferred direction, but don't do Bison-level brainwashing. Anyways, he in alpha was serious about Bison, but he allowed himself an amount of a sense of humour, lovable arrogance, love of scotch and friends, (heck, even though it was part of infiltration, he and Chun Li posed as a couple for an extended amount of time pre-alpha 3, something had to have blossomed there).

He back and he's totally focused on Bison and damn the consequences. His body represents his failure and betrayal and the sad truth that going against evil is going to leave you disfigured physically and mentally. I personally could see him going in a Big Boss direction and declaring that the whole system stinks and needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt.

I'm not happy his and Chun's quotes don't seem to show they know each other really well, but each of those tells something about him:

-vs Birdie: he may have vague memories of him being Shadaloo related so there' the +1 for hatred, but also, it shows he's completely lost his sense of humour and calm, analytical attitude

-vs Ryu: He doesn't know Gouken sealed the SNH in SF4, but also, with his search for Bison, all he kept hearing about was Bison's obsession over Ryu due to the SNH having similar properties to Psycho power. So Charlie isn't impressed, Ryu didn't have any close ties to Shadaloo, he's disappointed, but will let him live.

Vs himself: He may not fully remember everything that's happened to him, thus, affected memory makes him easier to maniuplate

vs Cammy: Again, remembers her doll mode, Shadaloo connections make him unreasonable and focused on its utter destruction, shows his past sense of reasoning is gone or clouded fully by hatred or outright manipulation by Gill and his Illuminati/Secret Society

vs Chun Li: He's bluffing, in his intro he gives the warning, but with him having warned her he's renegging and giving her another chance. Personally I think they could have had something more intimate for the quote, but oh well. Anyways, he might remember a bit of something about her and thus is letting her live to fight another day.

Opinions differ, but at this stage, I think it's premature to call him "abysmally terrible" when we don't even have access to his story. In my opinion, abysmally terrible goes to Ingrid:

Gothic lolita, Mary Sue that's a literal time travelling goddess, who holds the key/elements of psycho power yet doesn't explain anything, is so OP that Rose can't even get a read on her (yet, she can still read Bison at his most powerful), may also have telekinesis (she lifted Sagat's statue herself or with a tractor beam) and never really has any significant interactions or growth potential in her story. She just drops out of nowhere, changes the entirety of understanding of Psycho Power, messes with the upper ceiling of the SF world, and poofs out of time. That to me is terribly executed.

Reactions: No longer exist
Ingrid better not come back. Worst character ever created soley for fap material.

Honestly I would love Ingrid back I agree she needs better story details and such. However that's just it I would love her back with more details. Plus her fighting styles fun....as for the fap comment...iono kinda much in my opinion seems more reasonable to say shes not your kinda character thus I don't want her ingame. Pretty much another sure fire for me on this game is getting any of my mains back...so if juri, Ingrid, Karin, Makoto or Sakura come back I'll happily have one of my mains back. Looking forward to Nash to say the least.

I'm sure some people will bash me a plenty for loving Ingrid, but whateves you like what you like ya know?

I was a little harsh and overexaggerating, but they would need to completely overhaul the character to make her work

Reactions: Shockdingo
Naw its ok...but overhaul wise I think she just needs a better story that to some doesn't seem BS like. Albeit I for one kinda like the idea that she has the same power as Bison only its the original purified form or something... just change up a lot of the other stuff that balances the stuff out I feel so she doesn't seem like she's got it all. Just an opinion not fact I in no way declare what I say will work or be better then anyone else's input....just as long as she played the same and looked the same Id be happy as long as her stories thought through more.

Chances are high that I'll stick with Chun, but I think her v-skill needs something more... exciting. Also, her v-trigger should give her the genejin shadow. Seriously, she's the only student of Gen without shadows.

I actually like a lot when there is some entity or creature that is so absurd and strange like ingrid, i've never seen her in game, but she looks so cool to me. xD

Charlie, while i like what the story is shaping up to be, i don't have any interest in playing him.

And, about chun, she will be my main probably, and i kinda agree that she is kinda lacking, is like they are afraid of creating another 3s monster, she had double fireballs in her v-trigger, why they took out? because someone spammed? why not balance, so the 2 fireballs work like one, but being still visually 2 fireballs?

why her fireball is still a charge move? while i don't see this as something really bad, i think that the way chun is build now, pressing back to keep a charge is not a good thing.

I want something that makes chun li "The strongest woman in the world" as she should be.

I'm fine with Chun being a charge character (minus legs) because of their philosophy on how to treat charge characters. You get better normals at the expense of slower inputs on specials. That's kinda been her thing since CE