• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

We're staying on of the "In" Grid if I have anything to do about it *shakes fist at sky to summon full brunt of cranky old man power"

Sky:B..but you're like 30-

SD: I demand oldman rage! Don't bicker with me!!!

That looks like a...purple projectile attack ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What if it's Twelve?

Saw discussion from elsewhere, but people pointed out that you can see a silhouette of an open palm attack with fingerless gloves [karin wore these] which is one of Karin's moves.

There was also this hint

05_windattack02.jpg

Karin has red shoes. Red bag enforces the whole red theme of Karin.

Personally think it's a new character. We still have like 3 left.

What
Purple Blanka-y goodness made to cash in on Capcom's voyage into cereal!...I...I wish :(

Played A LOT more SF5 today, lost a lot more, finally beat my bud twice hah, so I got some new Charlie quotes, again, these are rough, because, had lot of stuff going on at the con and had to make jot notes

Win vs Mika: "Why are you even here? If you had stayed in the ring, you could have saved yourself"

Win vs Vega: "I can read your movements, I've always been able to since back then." <-Confirmation that he does not have total memory loss (if any, he does remember Cammy and seemingly all Shadaloo tied individuals)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Best case scenario: purple energy = Juri
Worst case scenario: It's Shadow Jago Evil Ryu returns.
It can be anybody, really.
Eisbahn...?
DGnfwCi.jpg

"Eisbahn" is German for "rink" or "icerink". A German word in an English stage always stood out to me.
Maybe Street Fighter is getting their own Sub Zero in a hoodie.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Don't forget that TGS is a week after the Dubai Games, so we're essentially getting two characters back to back.

I mean, I was referring to him cause I think the cool-colored aura plus white particle effects makes me think of cold air and snowflakes

ie what Eisbahn would probably use
=v

Christ... you nerds are giv'n me a headache.

PURPLE? RED? WHAT EVER THE HECK IT IS WE ALL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE WHO IT IS.

SO STOP BICKERING WITH EACH OTHER IN THE BACK OF THE CAR, CAUSE I'VE GOT ANOTHER 400 MILES UNTIL WE REACH WHERE UNCLE Q IS AT, AND THEN WE HAVE TO DRIVE HIM ALL THE WAY BACK TO ENGLAND WHERE THIS NEW FIGHTING TOURNAMENT IS BEING HELD AT. IF YOU'RE GOOD WE MIGHT STOP ALONG THE WAY AND SAY HELLO TO ALEX.

Christ... you nerds are giv'n me a headache.

PURPLE? RED? WHAT EVER THE HECK IT IS WE ALL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE WHO IT IS.

SO STOP BICKERING WITH EACH OTHER IN THE BACK OF THE CAR, CAUSE I'VE GOT ANOTHER 400 MILES UNTIL WE REACH WHERE UNCLE Q IS AT, AND THEN WE HAVE TO DRIVE HIM ALL THE WAY BACK TO ENGLAND WHERE THIS NEW FIGHTING TOURNAMENT IS BEING HELD AT. IF YOU'RE GOOD WE MIGHT STOP ALONG THE WAY AND SAY HELLO TO ALEX.

I'm hungry.

I mean, I was referring to him cause I think the cool-colored aura plus white particle effects makes me think of cold air and snowflakes

ie what Eisbahn would probably use
=v
I was agreeing with ya. I want to see this Eisbahn to the end. From background billboard Easter egg to fully-realized one-of-the-four new character.

Otherwise, it is just a weird billboard that is oddly specific to something irrelevant. Some word salad: Secret Delta the Movie Eisbahn (Ice Rink)

okay that's it. I'm taking your gameboy away, mister.

Beat, we'll eat when we get Q's erm... "Home" he's making us dinner. I know, i know, he's vegan but you're just going to have to be courteous and eat what ever he gives you. Besides Salads and Tofu are good for you.

okay that's it. I'm taking your gameboy away, mister.

Beat, we'll eat when we get Q's erm... "Home" he's making us dinner. I know, i know, he's vegan but you're just going to have to be courteous and eat what ever he gives you. Besides Salads and Tofu are good for you.

I thought Uncle Q died in a car accident 15 years ago

I thought Uncle Q died in a car accident 15 years ago

He told me he died from popping a blood vessel over playing Battletoads :<

No, Uncle Q didn't die. He's just been living in New Zealand for the last 15 years to find his inner light. Some what of a spiritual journey. I'm sure when we get there we will see Q stronger than ever and ready to step back into the fighting scene. So try to be a little supportive when we get there, okay? He also mentioned in his letter not to bother the sheep, he likes to care for them and is a bit attached to them. I don't want one of you getting Uncle Q angry and having him hitting you so hard you fly off into orbit.

No, Uncle Q didn't die. He's just been living in New Zealand for the last 15 years to find his inner light. Some what of a spiritual journey. I'm sure when we get there we will see Q stronger than ever and ready to step back into the fighting scene. So try to be a little supportive when we get there, okay? He also mentioned in his letter not to bother the sheep, he likes to care for them and is a bit attached to them. I don't want one of you getting Uncle Q angry and having him hitting you so hard you fly off into orbit.
Can I still play Battletoads

no, now shut up. Driving a car that's underwater to New Zealand is trickier than you think and I need as much concentration as possible. Just take a nap.
I didn't even want to go, I wanted to go hang out with uncle Gouken >:{

Worst case scenario: It's Shadow Jago Evil Ryu returns.
It can be anybody, really.

DGnfwCi.jpg

"Eisbahn" is German for "rink" or "icerink". A German word in an English stage always stood out to me.
Maybe Street Fighter is getting their own Sub Zero in a hoodie.
Too many Fireballs. Time for ice balls....or beams.

It looks like Juri's energy and possible spin kick to me... if so I'm ALL FOR IT X3

it's dan's child

give me a dan clone with juri fireballs and KOF XIII EX Iori EX DP

Those might be cherry blossom petals so maybe an updated Sakura or perhaps an entirely new character?

It could always just be Juri.
It looks like Juri's energy and possible spin kick to me... if so I'm ALL FOR IT X3
That'd be rather odd since they basically just confirmed no SFIV characters. Then again that was the American PR rep who keeps saying shit, so who knows, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Oh,in the pic is brazilian stage...Urien tanned more than before confirmed. OR just a brand new character... (i like the idea of someone shooting lasers...) Maybe someone using a weapon?there no char that wield an real weapon in the SF universe. (samurai guy counts?)

That "purple" looks barely purple to me. More like slightly dyed white cause the pic was taken off-screen. Compare to the cloud on upper-right.

I say new char.

Well if it is a new character I'm very interested to see him/her...cuse honestly not much about this new streetfighters actually appealing to me just yet... that's why once I character I use shows up I'd jump at it more... Really only the newest character, Nash and the new bison are only appealing to me. Sadly very little too...I'll still give the game a shot if I feel like it but so far I'm not really feeling it without one of my mains. Of course Ive been having people throw all kinds of hate at me for some reason about my opinion everywhere else so sadly expecting it here to ^^;

I played SFV a bit

It's neat.

I wanted to play R. Mika and I actually got my wish, unaware that she'd actually.. arrive? I laughed for ages out of disbelief.

I wish hitstop wasn't so goofy, I wish it was like as fast as Vampire Savior's turbo1. It feels fun. I wonder how dangerous the practical damage ceiling is?

I wish hitstop wasn't so goofy, I wish it was like as fast as Vampire Savior's turbo1.

IMO this is a problem with a lot of modern (read: post sf4) new fighters that aren't Skullgirls. Blazblue, SF4, MVC3, Persona 4 Arena, even Smash 4. Nobody seems to be able to get the pacing and frames just right like the classics did. One of the reasons I fell in love with SG immediately (even in the original vanilla state on psn, which now everybody hates), was because it was the first new fighter in years where the block stun, frame advantage/disadvantage, hit stop, etc. all felt just right the way the old Capcom and Snk Fighters did.

We'll find out soon enough, we're most likely getting a character in a few days and it wouldn't be far fetched to assume another one shortly after.

IMO this is a problem with a lot of modern (read: post sf4) new fighters that aren't Skullgirls.
It's very much an issue (for me) that keeps me playing doujin stuff like IAMP, Akatsuki Blitzkamp, or stuff like Breakers Revenge, Super Turbo or plain ol' 3rd Strike. Odd pacing drives me up a wall in games.

Speed is also a thing I go crazy for. Vampire Savior has me thinking heavy all the time and I love it; KoF 98' also does this for me too; E's Laf is a SPECIAL kind of guilty pleasure for me

Rainbow Mika has so many things I like, like not having 360's. I can now finally approach this concept of "Waifu" (joking)