• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

AYYYYYYY, Cerebella palette Birdie
we in there
I also like SF1 Birdie, brunette Mika and Cody Ken

Last edited:
could the number of these palettes be hinting at some form of 10 player mode in SFV???

could the number of these palettes be hinting at some form of 10 player mode in SFV???

Bring back dynamic battle.

OMG YES!
NECALLI HAS A YELLOW HAIR PALLETE!
HE MAN JOKES INCOMING!

Guys. I'm afraid I might wind up maining Birdie... he's just got the best palettes.
It's like Skullgirls all over again... Painwheel was my last pick, but it just happened.

OMG YES!
NECALLI HAS A YELLOW HAIR PALLETE!
HE MAN JOKES INCOMING!
If anything, he'd be getting Super Saiyan 3 jokes.

I'll probably wind up using Chun's 8/9 and Karin's 6/10 palettes once I've earned them.

Nash 5 and Rashid 3/10 for me. I really like yellow/orange on black.

Mika 2 & 8 are definitely my jams

Some of these colors really look lame to me tbh, I'm not sure why? I guess maybe because the models aren't the /best/ in the first place so just changing the colors makes it look a little silly for some characters, especially like Karin, it looks like she's playing in her moms dressing room as a child.

just first impressions imho

I guess maybe because the models aren't the /best/ in the first place so just changing the colors makes it look a little silly for some characters, especially like Karin, it looks like she's playing in her moms dressing room as a child.
That's because you have no taste pretty much the way it always is if there aren't any actual variations to the model, though. Generally the default colour for a character is actually the best one anyway, and that's precisely why it was chosen as the default.

For me, the only real benefit is individuation ("The green Ryu is MY Ryu", etc.); it's just the same as choosing a handle or one of those titles they give you to display, and I just use that as a sort of incentive where I only stop using the default palette once I feel I've passed some sort of milestone with the character.

Reactions: Era and BeatNinja
For me, the only real benefit is individuation; it's just the same as choosing a handle or one of those titles they give you to display ("The green Ryu is MY ryu", etc.), and I just use that as a sort of incentive where I only stop using the default palette once I feel I've passed some sort of milestone with the character.

Tha moment when you're being the original one, because few people use default pallets.

I always go with default, because for me they are an inseperable part of what makes the whole character design work.

So I guess there was an update to the beta and people are getting some early access stuff.
I believe people said this is stuff from story mode or a tutorial(not fully sure though).

Reuben doing young Ken?

Is he doing regular ken? I'm sure his voice was weird in the english va.

Well, they did say there would be story alts.

Whoaoaooa those stills look awesome. This gets me super hyped for a potentially deep story mode.

fuck those stills
we actually got a good ken model over here
i can't imagine anyone using midlife crisis ken when alpha ken over there exists

He sounds like a cartoon villain. I like it. From what Birdie says he might have either a mask or a VERY long nose. :P

Last edited:
I havent even seen Fan yet because nobody has but his voice files have made him my secondary for sure no matter what. He's like an evil shadaloo waluigi I cannot help but love him.

He sounds super hammy and annoying and now I'm a little worried.

i hope that Fan fights by just shooting people with a gun and calling it a day

So I guess there was an update to the beta and people are getting some early access stuff.
I believe people said this is stuff from story mode or a tutorial(not fully sure though).
This is only a small sample, but this is what I've wanted from Street Fighter for ages. Voice acted scenes! I like how they integrated training mode! Feeling really hopeful for the future of SF!

I wish this would just be in as a joke game mode.

People found extra palettes for the characters. https://imgur.com/a/aL4RU
Chun.8 looks sooooooooooooooo nice

Generally the default colour for a character is actually the best one anyway
I heavily disagree. The only fighter I ever touched where I felt like the default colour is actually "the best" for a notable number of chars in the cast would be VSav.

Amazing.
That moment when your animation budget runs out..

Chun.8 looks sooooooooooooooo nice
Everyone will be using that one, though.

Amazing.

can we please have tournaments in this mode at evo. thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone else find it weird the Karin is in but Sakura isn't? I mean Karin is pretty much a side character from Sakura's story.
But I reckon they are trying to give Karin a chance to have an identity and story of her own, so she can finally meet her rival on equal footing.
Looks like her and Birdie won't get along.

Reactions: Shockdingo
it's not that Sakura isn't in so much as Sakura isn't in yet
they're probably just doing as you said and letting her have her own story for a bit

trying to give Karin a chance to have an identity and story of her own, so she can finally meet her rival on equal footing
Looks like the schoolgirl is skipping dat class.