• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I really hope we don't get another "his/her v-skill absorbs shit" v-skill.

We already have like 3 or 4 of those.

guile's v-skill will be a carpet bombing

his v-trigger is a powerup from the angst being discarded by military he clung so dearly to, realizing the true expendableness of a soldier, regardless of their patriotism or skill

I can't think of a v-trigger for guile that isn't basically reducing his charge times for a certain period of time or increasing damage on his specials...

Guile was always such a simple character, that trying to improve on him in any possible way or giving him tools will make him a different character, so i can't think of something here...

V skill, maybe something like remy's divekick thing? Or maybe an instant short range sonic boom to fake things and make the enemy jump.

Q, seriously, there is only one character (that isn't already confirmed to be in the game) that would make me happier than Q. But Q is such a great character, i hope he is one of the early 2017 characters.

they didn't post the best one:
FYEhd8H.png

*Raven voice* "Yup das me"

Reactions: Shockdingo
I'm really curious about all the DLC characters and I'm really looking forward to the game itself. It feels just MILES better than what the meta in SFIV was! I'm so relieved!

Oh god I'm having 3DS Guile flashbacks with his Skill

ugh

stuff
well, I didn't realize you felt so strongly. I'll respect your desire to drop it, but I feel this needs to be placed here just in case.
face1.png
guile's v-skill will be a carpet bombing

his v-trigger is a powerup from the angst being discarded by military he clung so dearly to, realizing the true expendableness of a soldier, regardless of their patriotism or skill
no, his V-trigger must be heroic family man

his daughter comes on screen, cheers him on, and the stage theme changes to his theme. it adds no effects, it's entirely meant to inspire the player to win.

his daughter comes on screen, cheers him on, and the stage theme changes to his theme. it adds no effects, it's entirely meant to inspire the player to win.

I'd argue that that's not just an effect, that's the strongest effect.

Balrog:
  • V-Skill is a counter, like a Smash Bros character
  • V-Trigger is "boxing mode" which forces him within two steps of the opponent, almost making it like Punch Out. Best comparison would be like Holoseum where you have two options - attack or move back

i can see this v-skill like thfor balrog. guile i would imagine something nullifying charge time as a v-trigger, and maybe a spin knuckle type move for v-skill.
urien will definitely take some tooling, that will be the most interesting character modify.

so I know lab zero's legacy controls for PS4 to read PS3 sticks was something that was worked on, and is out there. I am seeing tweets from Mr. Wiz and others saying that there is input lag with the PS3 sticks, as well as connection issues. Anyone from lab zero explain whats going on? Also Mr Wiz banned Lagacy support for EVO :(

At this point, it could easily just be placebo effect. Once the game is actually out I expect someone will be able to properly test it. Unless anyone has cold hard numbers, take it with a grain of salt.

Mike Z provided some cold hard numbers himself for it on SG and found no significant difference - there does appear to be 1f of lag compared to a Dualshock, but that was the same on PS3 so it could just be the stick. So if anything is wrong, it's on Capcom's end.

hope so. It sucks that the capcom community is quick to ban the slightest input lag that there is. Getting a stick for a new system is asking alot, and unless you want to play competitive on console putting down over 150-200 bones for a new stick for specifically for one fighting game is asking alot. I just stick to playing on PC, but yea thats lame

Even if there is lag, it'll only affect the player using the legacy controller, right? As long as they're not getting an advantage from it there's no reason to ban it. Hell, they're getting a disadvantage, it should be their choice to take that if they're okay with it. Especially since for a lot of players it may otherwise mean they don't get to play at all.

From Steam:
Great news, Street Fighter fans!

We're happy to confirm that the release date & time for Street Fighter V has been moved up per the revised schedule below.

Europe........Feb. 16 @0:00AM UK (UTC+00:00)
AUS/NZ.......Feb. 16 @11:00AM Sydney (UTC+10:00)
Americas.....Feb. 16 @0:00AM EST (Feb. 15@9:00PM PST)
Asia.............Feb. 17 @2:00AM JST (UTC+09:00)

EDIT: added UTC time zone for extra clarity.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Capcom actually knowing how to treat their PC costumers, unlike some other company I'm currently boycotting.

You mean Warner Bros? Because NetherRealm tried their best.

Yes, I mean Warner Bros.
If NRS can get away from WB, then I won't be boycotting them :P

Like, yeah I know its actually hard to make a PC port when you've made the console ports completely accommodated to said console (just look at what happened with the pS4 version of USF4 when it came out then imagine those problems spread across the board of graphics cards and OSs) but WB's dropping the ball on MKX support is undefendable.

Looks like they've moved the launch time for the Steam version up from midnight PST to Midnight EST. That's pretty sweet.

Looks like they've moved the launch time for the Steam version up from midnight PST to Midnight EST. That's pretty sweet.
Actually it was originally 9am pst. It wasn't having a midnight release on steam just PSN.

You mean Warner Bros? Because NetherRealm tried their best.

Are you sure? Because from day 1 I've seen nothing that really convinced me that NRS was doing their best.

They might not be the only one complicit in the shitshow that is PC MKX, but until I see something that shows otherwise, they definitely share a large share of that burden.

Are you sure? Because from day 1 I've seen nothing that really convinced me that NRS was doing their best.

They might not be the only one complicit in the shitshow that is PC MKX, but until I see something that shows otherwise, they definitely share a large share of that burden.
well then show me how they are to blame.

last I checked, the two companies that handled the porting of the game to PC: HVS, and QLOC, are not NetherRealm.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
so I know lab zero's legacy controls for PS4 to read PS3 sticks was something that was worked on, and is out there. I am seeing tweets from Mr. Wiz and others saying that there is input lag with the PS3 sticks, as well as connection issues. Anyone from lab zero explain whats going on? Also Mr Wiz banned Lagacy support for EVO :(
I bet legacy support is banned because it REQUIRES ONE DUALSHOCK 4 PER LEGACY STICK. So if you want to play Versus you have to have two DS4s and two sticks.
(i.e. Capcom implemented it the completely wrong original-MKX way. Which MKX has even fixed.)
And Evo doesn't want any DS4s at the tournament.
[edit] Evo updated the rules to allow DS4s at some point, so if legacy sticks are indeed banned I really don't know why. Implementation details are still the same, heh.

As far as input lag goes, I can't confirm or deny if there is any because I don't own the game. But I CAN confirm that it is possible to implement the driver with no added lag. Because I did it. And we provide instructions to every company that licenses it for exactly how to do that.

I really don't understand why companies keep doing things this way...

Last edited:
And we provide instructions to every company that licenses it for exactly how to do that.
Wait, AND you guys provided instructions on how to implement the drivers correctly? How did they fuck that up?

I mean, at least this is something that can be patched in.
Though when it happens? We don't even know.
All we can do is hassle the community managers, I guess.