• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Super Safe Bros. The Spoiler-Free Smash Thread

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

'Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary."

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

"There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective."

...I never knew until now that you're supposed to spell Pac-Man's name in all caps like that. It just looks weird to spell it PAC-MAN than to just spell it as Pac-Man.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
zlCfzSejVEg5tMK8Ud

"Pic of the day. We've prepared many hats for Mii Fighters...but a lot of them are humorously designed, so it might be hard to coordinate them with flair. You could, of course, choose to not wear the hats at all... It makes me wonder--how is everyone planning to dress up their Mii Fighters? Well, one thing is for sure: the ninja headband worn by the Mii in front should look good with anything."

zlCfzSeucEQrJedykq

"Pic of the day. Here's a stage exclusive to the Wii U version: Gamer. Don't let Mom find you while you're duking it out!!"

zlCfzSeucN4V4xSoxU

"If Mom does spot you, she'll scold you and blow you away!! ...I've never seen a fighting action game as chaotic as this one."

Who's ready for Five Stocks at 9-Volt's?

Yeah, should probably hold back for more definitive proof though

The stage really doesn't give much credence to the rumor the same way Miis or Pac-Man didn't really give credence to the Gematsu Leak *laugh track*.
They're kinda obvious guesses, and it's especially suspect that the leaker didn't say the name of the stage.

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

"Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

zlCfzSf4efAVzCPMS9

"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

"Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!"

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

"The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

My favorite Star Fox game was Assault, so seeing that it has the best new stage in the Wii U version is pretty awesome.

Last edited:
zlCfzSgN6QYOlawsHF

"Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride."

And there you have it. Those of you spoiler-allergic peeps who won't have the game by either Friday or next week should probably either hit the tracks for safety or click responsibly.