• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Tara Strong for Eliza VA

Ah, I see. I guess your wording just confused me a little. Thanks for the clear up.
No worries!
I probably should work on my wording though.

I hope it's someone more affordable.
On that note, the cast does have Erin Fitzgerald and Liam O'Brien so it's not like the "Big Names of Voice Acting*" are out of Lab Zero's reach. Still honestly surprised how they managed to cast O'Brien.
*Don't mean this as a slight to the rest of the cast. Everyone does a fantastic job but it's just that those two have "fuller CVs", so to speak, or at least, more roles that I'm familiar with.

Anyway, besides being "the Vocals of Silent Hill", Ms McGlynn also has tons of experience in voice acting. I'm only familiar with her roles in the DMC games (Nevan and Echidna) and Persona 4 (Kashiwagi) though. <:3

I am a HUGE Tara Strong fanboy, and I completely believe that she COULD do well as the voice of Eliza... but at the same time, she would probably be better she played a character that was more her "type", such as Minette.

That being said, for those who don't believe Tara Strong can do voices outside her usual Timmys and Twilight Sparkles:

That older brother. The one who speaks at 0:30 in the video. The one who doesn't know where Singapore is. That is Tara Strong. Seriously.

Of course, that isn't the kind of voice Eliza would have (unfortunately :P), what I mean to say is that "IF" she was the VA for Eliza, I believe she would be amazing. However, I do not believe that she will be the VA, both due to the cost to get her and their likely being more suitable VAs for the role.

I hope it's someone more affordable.
african-grey-setup.jpg

Polly want a contract?

Reactions: Muro
Still Paula Tiso for me.

Look up anything Jihl Nabaat says in FFXIII or FFXIII-2 (especially XIII-2). Lovely tone.

...Plus she's not as likely to be astronomically out of their budget like McGlynn or Strong, though in a perfect world McGlynn would be awesome.

Lisle Wilkerson instead if possible. Tara would feel like a miscast to me.

Mary Elizabeth or Jennifer Hale, both of them are awesome VAs and both of them are singers too.

Not Jennifer Hale. I am getting tired of hearing her one voice. yeah she has good delivery, but I need a diversity in sound, and Hale has only got the one.

Reactions: DawnHibiki
As for Sekhmet, we don't even know if she will have spoken lines or if it will just be hisses and roars and whatnot. In any case, given the canon that they are essentially one, Lab Zero can entrust both roles to one VA and it retains its suitability. Just add a slight distortion effect to Sekhmet's voice and that's it.

Just as a note: Sekhmet's a Parasite, so she'll most likely have lines. In-universe, all known Parasites are sentient and, with the noted exception of Taliesin's Muse, able to speak. There's no reason to assume Sekhmet is any different just from how she fights.

I wouldn't just assume they'll share a VA, though who knows, really? None of the other host-Parasite pairs share a voice. (I know, I know, they're not the same genders but the precedent is still set. I mean, they had someone who wasn't Sarah Williams do the voice clip for Avery, when she could have done it herself...)

Kathleen Barr as Sekhmet pls

I've always wanted Troy Baker for Beo... Because Kanji.

Also, Zafina for Eliza wouldn't really be a bad idea.

Reactions: Spellbound
I can see Lisle Wilkerson being not a bad choice for Eliza.

I wonder if Eliza is really a condescending alpha b-hive or if she's one of those anti-heroes or anti-villains that feel. Maybe we should consider that before finding a good voice actor.

she seems 10000% queen bee (hive ain't nothin' but a cheap trick), so i think we're on track with who we're asking for

she seems 10000% queen bee (hive ain't nothin' but a cheap trick), so i think we're on track with who we're asking for
By b-hive i meant
total bitch

I was going to say "Morgan Freeman should," as a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that it would be the best thing since sliced bread.

I...... am not against this.
But Lab Zero has been trying to make sure people know that Beo is NOT KANJI.

Michael Coleman?
He'd be pretty rad, actually
wrestlin' uppah

Nightphyre would be a pretty great voice for Beowulf. Since I love listening to that Annie movie trailer, he's the first guy I think of for our favorite wrassler.

For Eliza's VA, I'd love to have Olivia d'Abo on board.

I feel that Olivia Olsen could be cool for Eliza, she probably wouldn't be too expensive, she's a singer, and she has voiced a Vampiric Queen before.

I wonder if Eliza is really a condescending alpha b-hive or if she's one of those anti-heroes or anti-villains that feel. Maybe we should consider that before finding a good voice actor.

I just am pretty sure she's a femme fatale character so the voice will still suit no matter what

I vote Karen Strassman (Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere) for Eliza and Greg Berger (Jecht from Final Fantasy X/Dissidia) as Beowulf.

Reactions: agent13
ooh! Greg Greg Berger would be a good voice cast for Beo as well.

Leonard Nimoy and/ or William Shatner for Beo.

Leonard Nimoy and/ or William Shatner for Beo.

See, now you've just given me this mental image of Master Xehanort as a pro wrestler... shudder.

Also, I think I might need to take back my earlier statement about Sekhmet vs Eliza's VA; I don't think I realized just how "fused" they are in comparison to other characters with Parasites. I could see them having the same voice actor now, but said actor doing two slightly different takes on the voice for the two characters rather than the addition of a voice filter for Sekhmet or something like that.

Reactions: Pfantzypantz
To those of you making suggestions for Beowolf, your suggestions in VA disappoint me.

Clearly, the only man for the role is Crispin "Fucking" Freeman.

Reactions: SanoBaron