• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Team Introductions (IS it possible?)

Dean[SG]

Skullgirls Numbskull
Reaction score
Website
skullgirlsguru.tumblr.com
Steam
Dean[SG]
Team Introduction.
So, when people are running 2 or 3 teams, when the characters do their introduction animations, then the one or two assist characters can do their intro animations, then their assist tag out animations to leave off screen. (the animations that the characters preform after they are called out for an assist and preform it successfully).

Just a general aesthetic feature that could be cool.
But that's just me, any and all feedback you have, or a reasoning why or why not its a good or bad idea to have in. Would love to hear otherwise.

Reactions: musica and Muro
I'm sure team intros are possible. On just pc, anyway. Unique intros and win poses would also be amazing but sadly, time and money don't just appear out of thin air. Maybe after the dlc characters are finished, they will? Please? D:

Reactions: Dean[SG]
One reason why this may not work: console memory problems. There's a reason why quick DHCs have a tendency of temporarily retro-izing characters, and it's likely that something similar would happen at the start of a match.

I'm sure team intros are possible. On just pc, anyway. Unique intros and win poses would also be amazing but sadly, time and money don't just appear out of thin air. Maybe after the dlc characters are finished, they will? Please? D:
On PC it has a better chance of functioning. It just depends on whether the game can do so. And unique win poses would be cool too, but id be fine with what there is on that front.

One reason why this may not work: console memory problems. There's a reason why quick DHCs have a tendency of temporarily retro-izing characters, and it's likely that something similar would happen at the start of a match.
Yeah i wasn't too sure whether it can or not, hence this thread to see if the game can handle it.

hmm idk, not any other team game does that (CvS2, KoF, MvC) and some even have official teams so I'm assuming there's a reason.

Would be neat if it can be added.

hmm idk, not any other team game does that (CvS2, KoF, MvC) and some even have official teams so I'm assuming there's a reason.

Would be neat if it can be added.
MVC3 does it dude.

MVC3 does it dude.

hmm does it? my teams dont do anything so I guess I never noticed..

Consoles might not be able to handle it, but PCs likely would. And the feature of having 2 or 3 (can be done under special conditions) team members doing their win animation together is a PC-exclusive aesthetic feature already, implemented even though it can't and won't be included on consoles.

I dig the idea and would love to see it become a reality.

hmm does it? my teams dont do anything so I guess I never noticed..
You probably just got used to skipping them, in marvel they're more of an annoyance than anything else since they take time.

Consoles might not be able to handle it, but PCs likely would. And the feature of having 2 or 3 (can be done under special conditions) team members doing their win animation together is a PC-exclusive aesthetic feature already, implemented even though it can't and won't be included on consoles.

I dig the idea and would love to see it become a reality.

Yeah i'm assuming if its going to work, its going to work on the PC.
Its a nice shout-out to PC gamers. As games on the computer just run better overall.
But Consoles are just easier to haul to tournaments and meet-ups. haha.

I would suggest having it like King of Fighters XI where all of the characters are on-screen for a moment, and then the non-point characters quickly jump off-screen.

But, again, memory issues.

Special intros for certain characters is what i would ask for. that seemed to be a thing in a lot of fighters back in the day.