• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

What's the combo that you do when they're not quite in the corner but they're too close to convert off a j.hk?
Do the normal midscreen up to the j.HK but then cancel the j.HK into Timpani Drive. In the corner it's easy to combo after the OTG. What combo you do is gonna depend on what your normal midscreen is, but I would do this:

c.LK c.MK s.HP,
j.MP j.HP j.HK xx Timpani Drive,
OTG j.MK,
c.MK s.HP xx H Beat Extend,
j.LK j.MK,
c.LPx2 s.LK c.MPx2 s.HK xx H A-Train

Dunno if any of that actually works, I'm going from memory! But you get the basic idea, OTG after the Timpani Drive and then do stuff.

If you're too close to the corner to do the midscreen and you don't have meter (or don't feel like spending it) I would honestly just recommend going for an early reset.

e: Just remembered I actually have an example of it if you wanna see it http://tinyurl.com/on8ksxj

Last edited:
To add to what peanuts said, there is also value in just doing j.mp j.hp cymbal H rush to get low-undizzy corner oki, especially if you have a good assist to back your instant overhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
another attempt at optimization
Keeping the train rolling.

Tried to see how far i could push non-CH/Jumpin damage without meter, then figured out a (finicky but) universal and efficient corner combo. 9.8k for one meter, solo! Just remember to doublejump from the superjump before the Tympani when doing it on Double (heh), and always try to end the Drive moving downward so that momentum carries you a bit closer to the floor. Against Big Band, go downforwards so that the falling j.MK actually hits.

The third combo is a semi-reliable way to convert off long distance midscreen cr.HP that works against most of the cast. Use HK-Train to maximize your time-to-distance on the Emergency Brake. I don't remember who the special cases are for this one... a few are resistant, and at least one is immune. Some you'll need to T.Drive upback first in order to both wallbounce them and get over them while hitting, some you can just follow while still going over them.

The third combo is a semi-reliable way to convert off long distance midscreen cr.HP that works against most of the cast. Use HK-Train to maximize your time-to-distance on the Emergency Brake. I don't remember who the special cases are for this one... a few are resistant, and at least one is immune. Some you'll need to T.Drive upback first in order to both wallbounce them and get over them while hitting, some you can just follow while still going over them.
Is this combo hit confirmable from the c.HP?

Is this combo hit confirmable from the c.HP?
In my experience you need to e-brake ASAP or else it won't work, and if the c.hp is blocked (especially if they're in the air) then it's decently negative, as is any blockstring ending with e-brake. So... not really I guess. It's still a good option, especially if you call assist with the e-brake.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Here's a corner combo you can do off air grab if the undizzy bar is full. Pretty specific I guess but in my experience it's something that comes up so may as well know how to maximize your damage.

Air Grab xx Timpani Drive,
OTG c.LPx2 c.LK c.MPx2 s.HK xx H Beat Extend,
M Take the A-Train xx Super Sonic Jazz

Does 5.5k. Works on everyone, more difficult on heavier characters.

Reactions: drewski and Emuchu
Very simple combo that BB can turn into a cornered opponent even if he uses his standard midscreen starter and juggle:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp, j.hp,j.mp,j.hk (opponent flies forward and bounces off the wall and crosses bigband up) tech towards opponent and ssj. The ssj will hit and launch them back into the corner.

Just a combo i use for when i mess up the corner combo starters.

Anyone knows a less difficult route for gaining a taunt combo with butcher blade as assist? thx in advance

Anyone know of BBs best universal/ damaging non soundstun combo?

I'm working on it right now but it seems difficult.... Im trying to find a universal combo for when I'm higher undizzy and using various soundstun starters.

Anyone know of BBs best universal/ damaging non soundstun combo?

I'm working on it right now but it seems difficult.... Im trying to find a universal combo for when I'm higher undizzy and using various soundstun starters.

At the moment, I'm using:

[Sound Stun Starter]
2MK 5HP
j.MP j.HP j.HK (otg)
2LK 5MK
j.LP j.LK(3) j.MK
2LP 2MK 5HK H A-Train xx SSJ

[Sound Stun Starter] can be L Beat Extend or any Giant Step. Probably not optimal, I can already imagine adding another air loop or... something.

Reactions: Dime
Is there a good universal midscreen combo I can use that doesn't involve j.hk?

I'm away from my PS3 at the moment, but off-hand you could start with 2LK 2MK 5HP H Extend and go right into 5LP 5MK into air stuff.

If you have a taunt available, I like to use 2LK 2MK 5HP ^ jLP jMP jHP xx Timpani, jMK v 2MK 5HP H Extend into stuff.

Or I suppose someone who's actually good at Big Band can teach us how to do Air Brakes combos.

Last edited:
Is there a good universal midscreen combo I can use that doesn't involve j.hk?
I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a good midscreen combo that doesn't use j.hk (I certainly haven't made much progress)

Why wouldn't you want to use it anyway

Or I suppose someone who's actually good at Big Band can teach us how to do Air Brakes combos.
This is not useful outside of the corner except for linking stuff off c.hp (And this means you can't use cymbals or beat extend, so your midscreen combo tools are limited) or maybe comboing off throw

It's bothering me trying to worry about how close I am to the corner. Right now I need something just to do some halfway decent damage while I decide if I can use this character for what I need him for.

It's bothering me trying to worry about how close I am to the corner. Right now I need something just to do some halfway decent damage while I decide if I can use this character for what I need him for.
c.lk > c.mp/c.mk > s.hp >
j.mp > j.hp xx lk cymbal >
hk a-train (optional ssj)

~5100 meterless and with sliding knockdown, ~6650 for one bar

Probably about the best you're gonna get without j.hk unless you want to put in a bunch of effort

I was trying that, but A-Train kept whiffing.

I was trying that, but A-Train kept whiffing.
Try delaying it just a bit so they have time to fall low enough

I think there's an "oops!" combo you can do if you realize you're doing jHK too close to the corner. It was something like stuff into jHK xx Timpani, push them into the corner, then land on them with jLK or jMK. I can't for the life of me remember if it requires a taunt or not

@Sliced_Toast is the only person I've really seen doing this, from watching his EVO matches and random encounters in QM, but does anybody else use 2 Giant Steps at the beginning of their combos? So something like:

st.lp, st.mp xx L Giant Step, cr.mp (1 or 2 hits) xx H Giant Step, OTG cr.lk, st.mk (jump), j.lk, j.mk, <insert rest of combo >

I haven't tried much with it, but it makes me think you can probably land H giant step after doing H Beat Extend if you save your OTG.

I think there's an "oops!" combo you can do if you realize you're doing jHK too close to the corner. It was something like stuff into jHK xx Timpani, push them into the corner, then land on them with jLK or jMK. I can't for the life of me remember if it requires a taunt or not

Can I get the inputs for this amazing combo because I realll don't feel like investigating the video.... If you don't mind of course @CaioLugon

Can I get the inputs for this amazing combo because I realll don't feel like investigating the video.... If you don't mind of course @CaioLugon
assuming it's this one:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp,
j.mp, j.mk,
c.mk, s.hp, H beat extend,
j.lk, j.mkx2 (j.hp fastfall),
s.lk, s.mk,
j.lp, j.mp, j.mkx2 (j.hp fastfall),
c.lpx2, s.lk, c.mpx2, s.hk, H A-train, SSJ

edit: also this takes some execution too, the first air chain and the j.mkx2 fastfall links are pretty hard.

Reactions: SoulBlueFlash
It.... it is literally at the top of this page. That you're posting on.

That said, the one Caio posted is significantly more damage so I would just do that.

Reactions: dMags
T
assuming it's this one:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp,
j.mp, j.mk,
c.mk, s.hp, H beat extend,
j.lk, j.mkx2 (j.hp fastfall),
s.lk, s.mk,
j.lp, j.mp, j.mkx2 (j.hp fastfall),
c.lpx2, s.lk, c.mpx2, s.hk, H A-train, SSJ

edit: also this takes some execution too, the first air chain and the j.mkx2 fastfall links are pretty hard.
Thanks man

Did I miss a beta change? I can no longer FOR THE LIFE OF ME get cr.hk otg to hit big band midscreen after a j.mp, j.hp, j.hk where I can do it pretty much every time in retail. I just tried for half an hour to do it once in the beta (and could not do it even once after all that time,) and then was able to go into retail and do it many times in a row.

Any one have any idea what this issue could be? It almost seems like big band is no longer being launched as high, but I don't think I read anything about that in the patch notes?

Did I miss a beta change? I can no longer FOR THE LIFE OF ME get cr.hk otg to hit big band midscreen after a j.mp, j.hp, j.hk where I can do it pretty much every time in retail. I just tried for half an hour to do it once in the beta (and could not do it even once after all that time,) and then was able to go into retail and do it many times in a row.

Any one have any idea what this issue could be? It almost seems like big band is no longer being launched as high, but I don't think I read anything about that in the patch notes?
You know I've been having similar trouble with my Peacock combo vs Double. Weren't launcher heights normalized or something? I don't think that was taken out when the super jumps were removed, but probably they were both supposed to leave at the same time.

Blah. That's probably it. Sort of funny if this change broke shit instead of helping things become universal like it probably was intended to do. Going to keep trying to get it to work though.

In fact now I'm having trouble doing it consistently against anyone. @Mike_Z I know you don't care about breaking combos or anything of that sort, but what benefit is there for changing stuff like this?

Compiling the two previous posts here:

You know I've been having similar trouble with my Peacock combo vs Double. Weren't launcher heights normalized or something? I don't think that was taken out when the super jumps were removed, but probably they were both supposed to leave at the same time.

The launcher height change was removed at the same time, I am pretty sure.

The launcher height change was removed at the same time, I am pretty sure.
Any idea why my midscreen combo no longer works in the beta but I can do it extremely consistently in retail?

Any idea why my midscreen combo no longer works in the beta but I can do it extremely consistently in retail?
I can't do it against big band in retail either so I don't know what kind of trick you are using there (assuming you're talking about the BB j.mp j.hp j.hk > otg c.hk)

I can't do it against big band in retail either so I don't know what kind of trick you are using there (assuming you're talking about the BB j.mp j.hp j.hk > otg c.hk)
It's literally just delaying the j.hk, also makes cr.hk work on every other character even easier

EDIT: Didn't mean as long as possible, but you have to delay it a bit. It's a pretty wide window

Last edited:
Okay so I'm fooling around and i get this. but really I meant to hard tag into Beo and go into frog splash super.

http://www.twitch.tv/explosionforce/c/5942283

and what I meant to do:

(now i did the frog splash cause I want the opponent locked in the corner, you could do some other finisher if you wanted to, but it would ruin the whole idea of keeping you opponent stuck in a tight space.)

I just tested it and with S.FP, J.MP, J.HP, J.HK, neutral wakeup while they tech forward is +97 while in beta it's +96 (note this just means you're in neutral 97 or 96 frames before they are, you can't combo on them like this =-P). This means everything is one frame harder to do off of a J.HK in the beta for some reason.

s.HP x infinity for lighter characters, chain into s.HP -> j.MP -> j.HP x infinity for heavier ones like BB or Bella. Don't remember if it works on everyone though.