• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

Heh, look. Valentine corner carry loops ver. Big Band.
Need to come up with a heavy and light version, but the concepts still apply. Also need to have an optimized combo end, but blah.
Still racks up all the undizzy, but since almost all his attacks are disjointed hitboxes, there's hardly any risk.

Reactions: Kat
its only the 2MP link there that is light only, though?

its only the 2MP link there that is light only, though?

Tambourine --> anything before ground bounce is not doable on Double/Band (unless you set them up like that first launch, you can probably get S.LP I'm going to guess)
Tambourine --> super (4 hits/punches) is not possible on Parasoul/Double/Band before groundbounce (I am probably just timing it wrong on para because you can do it on Bella). You have to link the super after tambourine to get more than one hit.

Otherwise, yeah, basically. I would love to be proved wrong however!

Tambourine --> anything before ground bounce is not doable on Double/Band (unless you set them up like that first launch, you can probably get S.LP I'm going to guess)
Tambourine --> super (4 hits/punches) is not possible on Parasoul/Double/Band before groundbounce (I am probably just timing it wrong on para because you can do it on Bella). You have to link the super after tambourine to get more than one hit.

Otherwise, yeah, basically. I would love to be proved wrong however!
Your first point is actually incorrect as you guessed, at least 5LP works, I know because I found that link out while testing on a Big Band dummy haha. Off the first launch you can certainly hit at least the LKs, not sure about 2MP... I'll have to test it.
Tamborine > super absolutely does work against Band and Parasoul, can't say 100% if it does on Double. The 4 hits land, not sure about punches but that isn't overly practical at this point anyway haha.

EDIT: Just tested, 5LP link, super (all hits AND taunted punches) work on the entire cast.

2MP doesn't work on Band and Double

Last edited:
Your first point is actually incorrect as you guessed, at least 5LP works, I know because I found that link out while testing on a Big Band dummy haha. Off the first launch you can certainly hit at least the LKs, not sure about 2MP... I'll have to test it.
Tamborine > super absolutely does work against Band and Parasoul, can't say 100% if it does on Double. The 4 hits land, not sure about punches but that isn't overly practical at this point anyway haha.

All right, cool! So I guess the only thing that would have to be done against heavies is replacing the 2MP with a LK string and probably just use an air string into Cymbal at the end finish off with A-Train (benefits of having a move that ignores undizzy) Less damage because we won't be fitting 4 tambourines in there, but it'll be close! I'll work on that later tonight.

EDIT: Just tested, 5LP link, super (all hits AND taunted punches) work on the entire cast.

Pff, well I'm stoopid.

Last edited:
I like to play characters in fighting games that have three things in common, they are cool, they are huge, and they hit like a S#$* brick house. Why hit someone 76 times when 10 will do it? -Sliced_Toast-

Heheheh, the irony. No problem!

Found a much easier 10k for the corner (well, 9992 damage with Super Sonic Brass Knuckles and no jumpin, so it should do more than the previous combo.)

Cr.lk, Cr.mp mp, S.FP
J.MP, J.FP, HK Cymbal
Cr.mp, mp, S.HK, HP Beat Extend
S.LP lp, Cr.Mp mp, S.HK, HP Beat Extend
S.LK, Cr.MP mp, S.HK, HP Beat Extend
Super Sonic Jazz. 8740 without taunt charge.

Best Part? I did it on Double and Big Band, it's pretty dang universal.

yep that's basically what I've been doing, except I usually drop it haha

Heya folks. Here's some experiments from training mode... experiments with my fist! *oooooooooh*
Heh, but seriously, Big Band is a ton of fun. So much stun though...

Decided to see how far I could push combos after the loss of the 25-hit bugle and j.HK cymbal cancels. but i think the results (if not how to get them) speak for themselves.

E: Annotations are working correctly now.

Last edited:
Another day, another beta. Big Band has his L3 now, and it's one of the most damaging in the game if you hit with the entire thing. In fact, it *is* the most damaging L3 if DHC'd into or used in the middle of a long scaled combo! And in the corner, you can even combo off of it against some characters.

Long story short, solo Big Band now has a fully-loaded touch of death.

Long story short, solo Big Band now has a fully-loaded touch of death.

Glad I didn't link my video on the same subject. This was a much better video. Damn fine job.

Armstrong Guns may not do nearly as much corner damage anymore, but the new Tympani Drive mostly makes up for it. ToD potential still stands! (E: Forgot to set public, heh... fixed.)

Last edited:
No, he doesn't have any natural staggers. He has soundstun instead.

7k midscreen, it only works on lights
annotations
j.mk
cr.lk cr.mpx2 hp
j.mk j,hp
j.mp j.hk
cr.mpx2 H beat extend
lpx2 mkx2
j.lp j.lk
cr.lk cr.mpx2 cr.hp H Brass knuckle, super sonic jazz

7k on mediums
annotations
j.mk
cr.lk cr.mpx2 hp
j.mk j,hp
j.mp j.hk
cr.mp hp
j.lk
lp mkx2
j.lp j.lk
cr.lk cr.mp cr.hp, H brass knuckle, super sonic jazz

Last edited:
What timing... as soon as i finished gathering recordings for another video, the 11/29 patch hit. At least it only invalidates one short part of this video! Brought out some assists this time.

Dang dude your combos are always awesome.

Currently I'm searchin for the best BnB's for midscreen, and corner vs light medium and heavy characters. Preferably with 1-2 meter usage. Big Band is so much fun!

More fun with Big Band. (And Rich Brown, I have the funniest faces from him in my pics)

Last edited:
annotations
lk,mpx2,hp,j.mk,j.hp,j.mp,j.hp,j.lp,j.hp, H cymbal crash
cr.mpx2,hk, M Brass knuckle, lk, cr.mpx2, hk,H Brass knuckle, super sonic jazz

For it to work on bella and parasoul replace the first cr.mp with mkx2
and for it to work on double and big band replace the first cr.mp with mkx2 and the second cr.mp with mk

Mike Z just added the last move for Big Band, Parries!
They pretty much work like 3rd Strike, with the exception that the window can be anywhere from smaller than bigger than 3S and you can only cancel a parry into an attack or a different parry, I think.

Reactions: Number 13
Sh*t, how did you manage to do that argus parry? Motor hands?

Can't tell if there's no pause when parrying supers. I don't think there is.

You THINK that's his last thing. :^)

Cool!

I'll bet it'll something...

(ॱ_ॱ)
( ॱ_ॱ)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

..."catchy"!

Sh*t, how did you manage to do that argus parry? Motor hands?

@AceZTeller The first part and the gap to the second one were the trickiest parts. The second one felt like parrying an EX Yagyou Dama from Oro in 3rd Strike, as in you find the parrying rhythm and do it as fast as you can.

Last edited:
That time freeze triggered by [Close Encounters theme + 5 meters] appears to be a work-in-progress super. We still don't know how that thing will be handled in Big Band's final form.

Does parry count as a special move? Just curious if you could pushblock guard cancel into a parry.

You can already "red" parry with Big Band. No pushblock needed.

You can already "red" parry with Big Band. No pushblock needed.
How do you red parry with Big Band?

He giveth and he taketh away... The new patch altered the hitstuns on all of Band's launchers to be more standardized, as well as the reactions of his jumping punches. Among the changes i've noted in practice so far:
  • Delayed s.MK comboing is gone, so you can't set up any ground combo into them falling on s.HK or chain launchers to get a max-height HP-Beat. Also getting good catches when they're falling is tougher becaue the opponent is higher.
  • The first hit of s.MK no longer combos into any Train or above MP-Brass, and the 2nd hit no longer combos into above MK-Train or any Brass without having OTG'd off the first MK.
  • Loss of hitstun on s.HP means no more lone j.LK rejumps, tigerknee HK/MK-Cymbals, or comboing it into HP Brass no matter the timing.
  • j.HP now causes a significantly higher and slightly farther hit reaction to the enemy when Big Band is falling from his jump, and seems to have slightly less hitstun anyways. j.LK MKMK HP no longer allows a followup j.MPHP to go into cymbals midscreen (you either pass the apex and send them too high from a dash jump or don't reach far enough from a superjump), and landing to do s.HP has no followup at all due to how high they get launched (or whiffing the s.HP entirely). Also getting j.HK after j.HP as a rejump instead of a chain seems even tighter than it was before.
Some of this can be worked around by going for much simpler/weaker versions such as just going straight from mediums into lighter cymbals, but it'll take a while to figure out new "optimal" combos as I piece together what few tricks are left.

How do you red parry with Big Band?
Oh shit, you're right! He doesn't have red parry. Carry on.

Anyway, PBGC works into anything, even nothing. You don't need to do a special move.

This combo only works on lights
annotations
j.mk,lk,mkx2,cr.hp,H Brass knuckles,cr.lk,hp
j.lk,j.mk,j.lp,j.lk,j.mp,cr.mpx2,hp H beat extend
lpx2,mpx2,hk, H Brass Knuckle,super sonic jazz

edit: it works on bella and parasoul, just replace the first j.mk with j.mp and for bella do cr.mp only once

Last edited:
What are you all doing for resets with Big Band? The only decent one I've found so far is doing one hit of s.MK, then delayed j.MK. Depending on the spacing between you and your opponent when you did the s.MK, the j.MK can cross up. It's kind of difficult to get this to connect on heavy characters, but it does work.

What are you all doing for resets with Big Band? The only decent one I've found so far is doing one hit of s.MK, then delayed j.MK. Depending on the spacing between you and your opponent when you did the s.MK, the j.MK can cross up. It's kind of difficult to get this to connect on heavy characters, but it does work.
Instant overhead j.MK is the main one I have used when I play him. It can be hard to get good restands for that type of reset though.

Mainly been doing it after this portion of my combos:
(tambourine) > 5LP > 5MK
j.LK j.MK MK

It's fast as hell, problem being you need an assist to get a proper confirm off it.

I feel Big Band's reset game is a little lacking right now.