• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Why do I still visit this website

Reactions: Muro
I know the present events of the story are supposed to take place in autumn, but do we know the exact day, or month at least, of Marie's assault on New Meridian?
I don't think there's been any mention of exact dates. Heck, I don't think we even know anything about the calendar system New Meridian uses.

Heck, I don't think we even know anything about the calendar system New Meridian uses.
It has to be the same as ours since the character's have birthdays on their official bios.

Reactions: Kai
It would really helpful, for me at least, just to know the month.
Otherwise I'm just gonna assume mid October.

I honestly don't know why months or exact dates are important in Skullgirls. unless the Skullgirl revives at a certain date every 7 years. only thing that bothers me though is that: if Marie became the Skullgirl in summer why did she wait till Autumn to seek her revenge?

I honestly don't know why months or exact dates are important in Skullgirls. unless the Skullgirl revives at a certain date every 7 years. only thing that bothers me though is that: if Marie became the Skullgirl in summer why did she wait till Autumn to seek her revenge?
Maybe she wasn't able, i mean, maybe the skullgirl power take a time to appear. Is implied that the transformation take some time, maybe there is some time between becoming the skullgirl and having proper power to, you know, fight an entire Mafia.

On other things, should things that happen in more than 1 story mode be considered canon?

And there is still hope of a canon story mode or that was dropped?

if Marie became the Skullgirl in summer
Okay now where did that come from, that's important
Never mind I found it on the first page.

There's actually a hell of a lot of things that aren't clear in the timeline that I want to know about. Like when did Filia lose her memories and how long has she been living with Samson, how long ago was Last Hope wiped out, how long has Fortune lived with the Life Gem?

Reactions: Burruni
Maybe she wasn't able, i mean, maybe the skullgirl power take a time to appear. Is implied that the transformation take some time, maybe there is some time between becoming the skullgirl and having proper power to, you know, fight an entire Mafia.

On other things, should things that happen in more than 1 story mode be considered canon?

And there is still hope of a canon story mode or that was dropped?

There's still hope the team wants to do it but most likely won't get it as DLC but there's hope for SG2 having the canon story. Anyway to answer your question, no story ending is canon however things that happen within the story's are most likely canon (Minett being kidnapped for example.) we still don't fully know what parts are canon and what parts are just story-exclusive.

Okay now where did that come from, that's important
Never mind I found it on the first page.

There's actually a hell of a lot of things that aren't clear in the timeline that I want to know about. Like when did Filia lose her memories and how long has she been living with Samson, how long ago was Last Hope wiped out, how long has Fortune lived with the Life Gem?

The most important thing I want to know is when did the war end. Multiple story's are fuzzy on how many years it has been since the war ended.

The most important thing I want to know is when did the war end.
wtf it's been seven years, where is this fuzziness coming from?

wtf it's been seven years, where is this fuzziness coming from?

I thought I read something that said beowulf retired 5 years ago so why would he still wrestle for war propaganda if the war ended?

I thought I read something that said beowulf retired 5 years ago so why would he still wrestle for war propaganda if the war ended?
Whatever you read was wrong, the war ended seven years ago and Beowulf killed Grendel sometime during the middle of it while the people were losing their morale in the face of the Gigans. My best guess is that was 10-12 years ago.

I know the present events of the story are supposed to take place in autumn, but do we know the exact day, or month at least, of Marie's assault on New Meridian?

It was never stated, Alex just stated it took place in Autumn plus we know these things change every so often so nothing is set in stone but he'd probably say October

In earlier drafts her legs appeared normal. In the canon version though, between rocket boot soles, springs in ankles and undistinguishable amount of machinery in legs, I'm guessing not so.

I assumed/understood that losing part of her legs (e.g. from the knees down, as the superjump springs go at least that high) was part of her mutilation by slavers, though there's surprisingly little data to be found on the topic once one starts looking.
I thought so too. The only thing that suggests otherwise is depiction of her knees on this reference sheet. Although it's possible that her artificial legs are just made to look like real ones. Problem is you have to have border between flesh and metal at some point whether it's knee or hip but this picture makes it too ambiguous. Which is especially confusing considering unapologetic weirdness of artificial arms.

Oh, and don't forget the canon model sheet's detail about how there's a giant hole in Peacock's back. How does that work?
I see her has being a sophisticated cyborg (compared to Big Band's heavy metal), like the kind in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The line between synthetic and organic is seamless. Not so much flesh and metal abruptly joined like an amputee with a prosthetic limb, but a blend of metal, plastics, and simulated tissues along with original parts.

There's actually a hell of a lot of things that aren't clear in the timeline that I want to know about.
Exactly!

There are some gray areas (for instance, does Valentine return to work alongside Brain Drain in Lab 0 after being defeated and forced to serve the Skullgirl), but this is the timeline according to story mode clues (like when Dr. Avian is introducing Peacock to Leduc and Hive, he mentions Painwheel already being created) as I understand it.
  • long ago
    • Anti-Skullgirl Labs founded by Dr. Victor Geiger
    • Ben Birdland beaten to near-death for crossing the Medici
    • Ben Birdland becomes Big Band, the one-man-band cyborg detective hero
  • seventeen years ago
    • The Grand War begins Canopy Kingdom, Chess Kingdom, and the Gigan Nation
  • fourteen years ago
    • Sienna Contiello murdered, bonds with Leviathan, resurrected, and teams up with the ASG to stop her mother, Skullgirl Selene Contiello
  • seven years ago
    • The Grand War ends, Skullgirl Queen Nancy Renoir dies
  • years ago
    • King Franz Renoir decommissions the Labs
    • King Franz Renoir goes missing
    • Anti-Skullgirl Labs restart in secret
  • earlier this year?
    • Patricia and Marie are separated
    • Patricia rescued by Lab 8
    • Marie becomes the Skullgirl
    • Carol kidnapped
    • Filia and Samson bond, Filia becomes an amnesiac
    • Carol becomes Painwheel
    • Patricia becomes Peacock, the anti-Skullgirl Weapon
    • The Last Hope defeated by Marie and Double. Valentine swears loyalty to the Skullgirl.
    • Life Gem stolen from Lorenzo Medici
    • The Fishbone Gang and Nadia Fortune caught and executed by Medici forces
Cerebella and Eliza are missing because they don't have any chartable milestones to note. I have the Life Gem events as the latest since it is one of Lorenzo's top priorities (he's literally dyin' to get it back!). Other characters, like Beowulf, are missing because they lack concrete timeline details.

The first post of this thread has an interesting note about ASG member order:
- The order of creation of the known ASG members are Black Dahlia, Brain Drain, Geiger, Big Band, Ileum, Hive, Leduc, Peacock and Painwheel, respectively. Dahlia was the first but was under a different context. Big Band and Ileum are from the same generation before the Grand War. Hive and Leduc were introduced around the same time. Peacock came a bit later. Painwheel was developed in Lab 0 in tandem with Peacock. The latter 2 are the latest ASG units.
The Labs' founder, Geiger, also became a ASG member! I wonder what happened to him.

Er, the Big Band stuff was clearly just after the Contiello's murders.
I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure the Bunny girls big band was arresting were the same ones from squigly's murder. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure the Bunny girls big band was arresting were the same ones from squigly's murder.
But see here's the thing
They're not

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Neither of you know if they are or not, we don't know for how long has Ben been "Big Band" but i'm sure it's not recently.

Reactions: HiroProtagonest
ouzgWGm.gif

Well, Ben tried to arrest them, but then he got his ass handed to him by his colleagues.
It's fair to assume that the fact they were 'arrested' doesn't matter regardless of timeline.

Great counter arguments.
Dude I don't need counter arguments. The proof is in the game, if you just fuckin' took the time to look at two stills from the story mode side by side you'd see that.

Y'all gotta wake up and do some research forreal. Can't just rely on your memory from the one time you played Squig's and BB's story mode.

Last edited:
I did look at the still frames. I saw Big band arresting Girls in bunny outfits who worked for the mob. The same ones who shot Squigly. I really dont want to sound rude but don't try ro be a dick if people are wrong instead of saying

They're not tho
Dude I don't need counter arguments. The proof is in the game, if you just fuckin' took the time to look at two stills from the story mode side by side you'd see that.

Y'all gotta wake up and do some research forreal. Can't just rely on your memory from the one time you played Squig's and BB's story mode.

You tell us logically and nicely why we are wrong I'm willing to listen. Can't hurt to be polite once in awhile.

Reactions: HiroProtagonest
What if he wasn't arresting them tho

what if he was taking them to Disney World

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUNNNNN
Then why did the other cops tried to kill him? because he didn't invite them just so he could have all the pussy?

But seriously tho, i think it could be the same ones, just that they weren't arrested right after the killing, maybe they were caught somewhere else at some other time because you know, Lorenzo did try to cover up the ordeal and even went as far as "silencing" the corpses, so some investigation must have taken place to arrest them.

it could be the same ones, just that they weren't arrested right after the killing, maybe they were caught somewhere else at some other time

The thing to point out is that Ben isn't Big Band in the scene, meaning he became Big Band after Squigly's death. This suggests to me that he fought in the Grand War years earlier as an ordinary soldier. It makes sense that way anyway, since an ASG soldier wouldn't be involved in a war unless a Skullgirl appeared in it.

The thing to point out is that Ben isn't Big Band in the scene, meaning he became Big Band after Squigly's death. This suggests to me that he fought in the Grand War years earlier as an ordinary soldier. It makes sense that way anyway, since an ASG soldier wouldn't be involved in a war unless a Skullgirl appeared in it.

A Skullgirl did appear in the War. Queen Renior was the Skullgirl.

Well your not wrong but it also said that he saw the worst of the war, whats worse then fighting the front lines against the skullgirl.

Course Alex could've always re-arranged the timeline.

It's sad to think the timelines are all just a game to Venus and Aeons, oh right, Eliza killed them.

Regardless of whether the assassins that were being arrested by Ben, it doesn't really confirm either way if that event took place before or after Selene party massecre. (Actually, if you compare the frames, one of the two bunny girls being arrested does have the same hairstyle as one of the four at Selene's party. By anime logic they are probably the same person.) I'm pretty sure the massacre wasn't the first or the last time that Dahlia's assassin crew has committed a crime, so Big Band arresting them doesn't really specify a timeline.

However, Alex has already confirmed that Big Band and Ilieum fought 2 previous Skullgirls together. Presumably, he's talking about Selene and Nancy.

If the arrest took place after Squigly's death, that means somehow, while Skullgirl Selene was in full rampage mode across New Meridian, Ben managed to arrest some Medici goons, got beaten up and hospitalised, rescued by Avian, turned into Big Band, and then put on the field with Illeum in order to fight Selene. It was also confirmed that Ileum was created after Big Band using Synthetic Parasite technology which was something more modern than the more "primitive" tech used on Ben. So for that timeline to make sense, the Synthetic Parasite tech was also created during Selene's rampage, used on Ileum, who was then also put on the field to fight Selene.

Given the amount of events that would have to take place in a short time, I think the timeline makes a lot more sense for Ben's transformation to happen before Selene's party.