• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Demonic, Virtuous Dominatrix Vigilante: Deep Violet (or DVDVDV)

SpaceCadetKeon

Reaction score
Here's where we now talk about just what the deal is with this mysterious, scantily-clad crime-fighting alter-ego, and I'm sure plenty of other hyphenated words that could describe her, of Ms. Victoria.

Concept, promotional, and miscellaneous artwork.
Color map brought to you by chickenwithtie.

By Calexe
DViolet%2520-%2520I-No.png

By Icky
i1ip9XU.png

By MirrorByte
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

By PetiteSiren3
index.php

By Pink Ink
index.php

By Rakurin
liUGeID.png
LF9Zb3M.png
A8Sf4w3.png

By Rugratkid
index.php

By Rynozilla
D.+Violet1.png
D.+Violet2.png
D.+Violet3.png
D.+Violet4.png
D.%2BViolet5.png
D.%2BViolet6.png

By SecretlyEngarde
uNDzU93.png
8aQgCsM.png

By Skullman
index.php
index.php

By SolemnSiren
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

By me. (I reeeally like this character. Can you tell?)
7670UFS.png
yuYaJNn.png
c9mLEbe.png
JxgLfHM.png
nfEW2Qv.png
WObYapR.png
B4wQ7l1.png
oILL3pP.png
g5NDHP0.png
0wwAyKw.png
gNeJNLj.png
TPK9LcJ.png
HS8mAAp.png
nYuN2Qz.png
aJlMde0.png
kEkKyTr.png
LQqG7gq.png
wxCNCrP.png
uBHhdI4.png
43cINRt.png
g7juqEe.png
ZO8lDvI.png
HjBdzKZ.png
yqEJGhc.png
rjwAT9h.png
9ZTv2QI.png
xzqaOYj.png
DH0QtqC.png

By superasdke
vbWHADO.png
nMDKjkH.png
jepDpQe.png

By Twisted Skull
index.php
index.php

By WaterMystic277
80WatWt.png

j1hE4XZ.png

OCRnGMF.png

And if I missed any, please feel free to yell at me. :)
ALSO, I know her design is daring, but let's please try to keep discussion clean in here.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't think I've ever actually seen those blue pencil sketches at the top, and I'm kinda obsessive about that sort of thing!

Also +1 for thread title.

How old is D. Violet's design? Some of these sketches look like they're drawn in Alex's older pre-2008 style.

Deep Violet and Mrs Victoria are very old characters by Ahad, they came 'shortly' after Filia if I remember correctly.
They're also his favourites. They're my favourites too.

I wonder does D. Violet have any negative views towards Mrs.Victoria or the other way around. You know cause she's suppose to be like the Hulk but with being passion rather than anger and the Hulk and Banner in most story depictions despite being the same person neither one really like each other

or are they even aware of each other existence?

Keep discussion clean? Violet frowns upon such prudishness. :3

Likely because it has become taxing on their servers, images directly linked from wikia will automatically be reduced to thumbnail size, so one has to get into the belly of the beast to reap the reward in its purest state. In this particular case:
http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/D._Violet/Gallery

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
Strength Speculation

I'd guess her based power is at peak human potential seeing as Mrs.Victoria inspirations are mostly fighters who train and hone their skills rather than a Meta.

that kinda power would be more than enough to stop character like Beowulf, Ms.Fortune(she can't die but she can still be stop) ,Horace, Albus, Parasoul (by herself anyways. going up against a whole army would be way more harder). While giving characters like Valentine a challenge. And characters like Eliza would be giving her a hard time

However that would be against Mrs.Victoria and according to D Violet entry she'd be less inhibited so she'd probably stronger as well. So maybe her power would be in fact Supersoldier level

But then you have to take into consideration that Alex said that D.Violet work like Hulk but replace anger with horniness. And the hulk actually doesn't have a strength limit...he has unlimited strength. So if we go by that as long as D. Violet can keep herself aroused she should by that logic have unlimited strength as well.

She'd probably have barriers to keeping her from turning into a planet destroyer. She a crime fighter who also is a dominatrix so she'd probably have no problem with showing that side of her to a criminal begging for her to go easy on them which would increase her power. However if there's a lil' kid present or sees Mr.Victoria around that might power her down

So in the end I guess her power level would be Omega level meaning there is no limit to her power however there are plently of limiters around that would keep her from becoming a planet destroyer

Are you seriously talking about power levels? Come on dude.
You underestimate the wolf clad warrior.

D. Violet's pretty cool but I never voted for her. The thing that interests me most is that she's a perfect example of how Alex Ahad's extensive references to religion and mythology knows no bounds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

Last edited:
In the old thread @Osmiumsmith and I were discussing some of her traits, I'll just repost them:

I like to imagine that with time they have positive effects on each other. Violet was walking the dangerous: "sex is everything, if you are not doing it you are wasting your life" path (like most magazines tell you) and Victoria had a lot of: "sex is evil but I am envious of people who do it".

I agree with you, it would be pretty interesting for them to be on both extreme sides and then becoming more of a whole person by inheriting traits from each persona till they have a very healthy sexuality in the end. Heck not even stopping with sexuality, I think it could be interesting if other things built up over her career;

Mrs. Victoria gains confidence, willingness to take risks that foster her intrinsic heroism, a greater athletic ability (why she can reproduce her fave fighting game techniques in her life).

D. Violet gains patience in the superhero sphere of things (going from a force of nature a-bomb like the hulk, into more of a seasoned and tactical fighter), increasing her creativity with fighting prowess, being more analytical in situations

With the way Lab Zero goes about creating characters with lots of neat references, depth and innovation, I think that D.Violet and Victoria could be a very compelling character and not just fanservice-y. Would like to see more of their dynamic actually.

So yeah, I think that in the "current" timeframe of the game, if D.Violet and Mrs. Victoria were playable, storylinewise they would be more balanced than the early days. I can imagine the early days being rough psychologically on MRS.V; going through an identity crisis, wondering if the heroic end results are worth the madness, what affects does this have on her husband (does he like the new adventrous her, is he intimidated by the new changes, etc), so much could be done with her from the dual identity angles.

I don't believe Pazuzu was never intended to be hers. Seeing as Pazuzu is suppose to be the bearer of storm and dought however nothing about D.Violet seems to be weather based. But because Pazuzu was a demon in mythology, in skullgirls Pazuzu still lets Mrs.Victoria use it despite not being the one chosen to wield it so it gave a curse causing her to get strength from being horny. And she only thinks of it as a power only to find out later it's a curse

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, imagine if her forcing the opponent to do what she wants translated in game to-

USER WAS PAINFULLY BITCH-SLAPPED FOR ATTEMPTING TO TALK ABOUT MECHANICS

Anyway, while I love D. Violet to bits, you have to admit it was probably for the best that she didn't get voted in. People are still pretty skeptical on Skullgirls' designs, so a character fully linked to sexual themes would not have sent a good message to a casual audience.

Maybe Pazuzu is actually more than one living weapon?
You know how the mythology Pazuzu was made up of different animal part, which is why D.Violet doesn't seem very Pazuzu like cause she only has the snake part and there's like a villain group trying to gather all the Pazuzu parts so they can have ultimate power

Reactions: Shockdingo
Wait what if Pazuzu in the skullgirls universe is also an old god (or demon) like Sekhmet Samson and Leviathan?
you know but instead of a parasite he's a living weapon

Maybe Pazuzu is actually more than one living weapon?
You know how the mythology Pazuzu was made up of different animal part, which is why D.Violet doesn't seem very Pazuzu like cause she only has the snake part and there's like a villain group trying to gather all the Pazuzu parts so they can have ultimate power

Wait what if Pazuzu in the skullgirls universe is also an old god (or demon) like Sekhmet Samson and Leviathan?
you know but instead of a parasite he's a living weapon
These are actually interesting points when looked at together.

In Eliza's story mode she hints that Living Weapons might be a form of lobotomized parasite. All the power of a parasite, but none of the sentience.
What if the Pazuzu whip is just part of the Pazuzu parasite that has been removed from the main section in an effort to control it?

I don't wan't think of of a Pazuzu Parasite 'cause we all know what body part the snake portion would replace. Seriously though I'm still part of the group that strongly disagrees with the theory that Living Weapons are just lobotomized Parasites.

I've always found the 2-character concept of Victoria/Violet to be a little too on-the-nose, as far as symbolism goes. I think Ms Victoria is plenty sexy, but Violet, while touching on all the common visual cues for wanton sexuality, just doesn't do it for me... it's just too plain-spoken. Despite that, I imagine Violet's fighting style would be much more exciting/dynamic, what with the whip and all.

I've always found the 2-character concept of Victoria/Violet to be a little too on-the-nose, as far as symbolism goes. I think Ms Victoria is plenty sexy, but Violet, while touching on all the common visual cues for wanton sexuality, just doesn't do it for me... it's just too plain-spoken.
I see where you're coming from. In terms of sexiness, she's unquestionably the most in-your-face about it out of the entire cast of characters. That's part of why I hope that they try to play up the vigilante side of her if she ever does show up in playable form.

Speaking of, I recently noticed that, according to the trivia section of her wiki page, "Alex Ahad has described her as being like the Hulk, only powered by "horniness" instead of anger." Can't...say I'm fond of that idea. I guess that's all the more reason why I think D. Violet might be better off if they decide to put more emphasis on the crime-fighter angle. :/

Violet rules the comics, Annie rules the TV, Beowulf rules the ring. This shall become the new trinity in due time.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I see where you're coming from. In terms of sexiness, she's unquestionably the most in-your-face about it out of the entire cast of characters. That's part of why I hope that they try to play up the vigilante side of her if she ever does show up in playable form.

Speaking of, I recently noticed that, according to the trivia section of her wiki page, "Alex Ahad has described her as being like the Hulk, only powered by "horniness" instead of anger." Can't...say I'm fond of that idea. I guess that's all the more reason why I think D. Violet might be better off if they decide to put more emphasis on the crime-fighter angle. :/
I mean, it's a T-rated game (as would be any sequel, presumably), so he can only take it so far. I agree with what you're saying, though; the crime-fighter side of her is infinitely more interesting than the sex-Hulk side. I'm ok with a superhero that takes a a little too much pleasure from punishing crime, I mean, that's actually funny as hell ("Robbing the New Meridian bank? You deserve to be... mmmmm... punished!"), but I think Alex would angle it a lot closer to her being some sort of always-writhing, moaning succubus. I dunno. Val is already a little too ridiculous for me, at times, so I just can't imagine how D. Violet would be.

I guess, in the end, I'd still rather see her in-game than not.

If memory serves, Alex has gone on record stating that he wanted to push the boundaries with certain aspects of SG. Don't quote me on that until I can properly source that statement but D-Violet does serve that purpose.

If memory serves, Alex has gone on record stating that he wanted to push the boundaries with certain aspects of SG. Don't quote me on that until I can properly source that statement but D-Violet does serve that purpose.
Alex clearly wants to do a lot more with female eroticism, that's a given. If you put a pencil in his hand while he was asleep, he'd still manage to draw something sapphic, lol

Reactions: Muro
I always figured Alex would approach D. Violet in an Empowered-style: A parody of bondage/over-sexualization and such. Victoria would be the embarrassed one in this case. I also remember a headcanon somewhere that D.V. would be a more positive aspect on the notion of sex.

You know what makes me mad. That I didn't think of this.That is exactly where D. Violet would keep her weapon.

Reactions: DDB
Would D. Violet have a Raging Demon?

It could totally be called
The Raging Hardon

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper