• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I don't recall her dying, hmm....

I still believe that Ermac is still alive somehow.
ermac-mk9alt-render.png

I believe in you mystical multi souled psychic ninja wizard.
also he needs more screen time outside of the "ooga booga! fight me nao!" scenes in MK9.

Reactions: Killabyte
There's some people on TVtropes that believe that Noob Saibot will be a good guy in MK 10 like Scorpion was in Deception.
Why?
Scorpion was tossed into a Soulnado at the end of Deadly Alliance, which led to him becoming Champion of the Elder Gods in Deception.
Where did we last see Noob Saibot?
Getting tossed into the Soulnado.

I'm just calling it right now.
I managed to call Human Smoke and Cyb-Zero like 8 months before it was confirmed.

I don't think Mileena died in MK9; she was last shown passed out alongside Noob Saibot after you fight them in Kabal's chapter, so she may be alive. I kind of wanna see her dealing with ruling over Outworld and maybe Edenia in MK10, TBH.

But watch like the cast that died in MK9 get brought back alive in MK10, but you'll only play them in zombie mode or something, lol. I know the focus is gonna be on MK4 and the characters/storylines from it, but still.

And I think they might add another guest character like Freddy as DLC. Maybe another popular horror movie character, or maybe someone from another fighting game franchise (I only say this cause I once read a rumor that Namco might bring in a MK character into TxSF. So they might return the favor by adding like Kazuya or Jin, maybe. IDK. owo;; ).

add in bryan fury. he'd be a perfect fit in the MK universe.

Add Oni in while we're at it (seriously)

Havok is SO COOOOOOOOOLIO. Love that guy.

Man, chip damage on normals is the greatest.
I have MK9 to thank for bringing me to the FGC, with its awesome characters, sounds, visuals, story, and variety of fun gameplay options.
Not everyone plays KUH-BAWL, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, or Freddy. The game can still be awesome fun, especially with that mid-tier awesomeness.
Liu Kang, Ermac, Sub-Zero, Jax, Raiden are the characters I main if anyone cares to play against the greatest PSN ID ever: playakid700.
I'm down to play some matches. I play Kitana.

I don't really care who's in the roster for MKX as long as it has Ermac or Skarlet.

When's Khameleon?

It's gonna be all MK4+ characters.
Though, I heard Wild mass Guessing that Noob could come back as a good guy like Scorpion did when he was tossed into the Soulnado
From what I have been told, all of the mk4 cast will return except for jarrek.
I'm hoping for Frost.

Exactly why he isn't coming back.

LOL

Almost every ending in MK4 was cheesy and over the top.

They all sucked.

Does this mean that Sonya dies O.O or if jerek isn't coming back (forgot about him) story alters a little?? Idk

What? Sonya never died, maybe in Jarek's ending. Most characters die the arcade endings, think Lui Kang in Shinnok's ending.

Thing is, Kano is still alive (MK9), so he is still running the Black Dragon. No need for Jarek. Kano and Sonya will become allies to fight against Shinnok (just like were Jarek and Sonya in MK4)

Reactions: Jutsei
Thing is, Kano is still alive (MK9), so he is still running the Black Dragon. No need for Jarek. Kano and Sonya will become allies to fight against Shinnok (just like were Jarek and Sonya in MK4)
I personally think that's the best thing.
Also, Kabal dying, doesn't that also eliminate the need for Kobra and what's her tits?
The one so minor I forgot her name

Reactions: Caleb
Kano's alive still? Thought he died...

Also, Kabal dying, doesn't that also eliminate the need for Kobra and what's her tits?
Kira? Yea Kobra and Kira were useless characters, I don't even know why those two were ever created.

Basically, let's count down the worthwhile characters from MK4-Deception
MK4: Fujin, Kai
DA: Bo Rai' Cho, Kenshi (already in, definitely gonna come back), Nitara, Frost
Deception: Havok, Uhhh...Ashrah?

Very few memorable characters after that.
Seriously, Havok was the best new character out of all them.
I clapped when he was simply referenced in MK 9

Well, it might be. At least Kano will be the most important member of the Black Dragon, so as for now there is no need of replacements.

What about Tanya?

What about Tanya?

Tanya betrays her realm (Edenia) and hands it to Shinnok. She's definitely in. However, after MK4 she doesn't play a major role in the storyline.

Most of the didn't a purpose, imo.

Tanya betrayed everyone at some point. No joke, she literally did.

Basically, let's count down the worthwhile characters from MK4-Deception
MK4: Fujin, Kai
DA: Bo Rai' Cho, Kenshi (already in, definitely gonna come back), Nitara, Frost
Deception: Havok, Uhhh...Ashrah?

Yes, pretty much.
I would add Reiko and Quan Chi to MK4.
Drahmin and Moloch from Deadly Alliance.
Ashrah yeah; Onaga too. You mean Hotaru? That would include Havik too, probably.

Most of the didn't a purpose, imo.

You're right. Netherrealm now has the chance to do a great storyline without useless characters. The main problem with DA, Deception and Armageddon is the big ammount of characters without real purpose, and some of them truly uninspired.

Were Drahmin and Moloch that important though?

Were Drahmin and Moloch that important though?

They guarded some important place at the Netherrealm if I'm not mistaken. They become enemies with Quan Chi and Shang Tsung in their quest to find the Dragon Army, I think.

Actually yeah< I guess you can't have Havik without Hotaru to offset the Chaos vs Order thing

Yes, it might be. Thing is, in the old storyline Shao Kahn was alive and Havik was on his side. Now Shao Kahn is dead, so...

MK9 left the fate of Outworld a bit unclear. It seems like Mileena might be its ruler. Maybe Reiko overthrows her eventually. Then Reiko may work with Havik to stop Onaga.

Imagine if Reiko is the new Shao Kahn (remember he likes to wear his helmet)

Any word on Nitara?

Yea it was... I wonder if any of the old, dead characters will be playable again?

Yeah. Her realm was at risk at some point, or had a problem like Reptile's (genocide, something like that). They should make her participation more consistent.
Chronologically it should be after the Shinnok invasion, because her most useful ally was Cyrax (when he was 'restaured' by Jax and Sonya). But that was the old storyline, in the middle of the Onaga story arc.

Probably in someway.
Some guys think Liu Kang will come back as some kind of Netherrealm monster.
Which I'm totally fine with.
I fucking love how they've slowly but surely turned his bland concept into something awesome