• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I want the guy who tries to sell drugs to kids near the playground that got arrested multiple times.

He would wreck that other guy

I want the Snake Guy from that Anti-Drug commercial.

I want the Snake Guy from that Anti-Drug commercial.

Anyway to be honest I don't want anymore guest characters besides maybe Freddy for obvious reasons.

Oh you mean Jerry the Candy Sells Man. Yeah he is kinda op. He throws used needles, that shit is dangerous. and in his other variant his eats some pills to get a huge damage boost at the cost at health loss over time.

whens cole phelps

I don't know guys... there are some Salty Ass Scrubs out there at would feel at home playing Noob. Maybe then they could try to defeat SonicFox. Ah who am I kidding they would still lose horribly to him. And then they would blame something like... uh LAG. Yeah hate the offline Lag.

Apparently Tremor's seen and enjoyed Johnny Cage's movies.

Not surprising, but worth pointing out: MKX is most sold game for 2015 so far.
  1. Mortal Kombat X
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Battlefield Hardline
  4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  5. Minecraft
  6. Batman: Arkham Knight
  7. Dying Light
  8. NBA 2K15
  9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  10. Super Smash Bros
http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-kombat-x-is-the-best-selling-game-of-2015-so-far-296702.phtml

Nice to see a fighting game on top though. Helps reinforce that the genre isn't as dead as it seems from an industry perspective.

Not surprising? That is sort've surprising, to me anyway. Glad to hear it too.

Mortal Kombat: keeping fighting games alive since Armageddon.

Well once you factor in the marketing [saw television ads for this game while watching sports for example], using well known guest characters like Jason and Predator to pull in more consumers, how MK9 was a commercial success on its own and can ride on that success, how NR is giving good post-release support in the form of season passes/patch improvements, and not much other new big AAA games for 2015 to begin with which explains why several old non 2015 games are still ranking, etc it wasn't a surprise for me at least from how I broke it down.

Also people remember Mortal Kombat for its ultra violence which is even more ultra now and decide to have a go.

In the right quantity violence sells. I'm fine with it until it's Hatred which is not even that violent even if it tried to pull a MK/Carmageddon stunt like it did but that's just off topic now.

So for the guys and gals who picked up MKX and is having a terrible experience when it comes to the NetKode/online experience, on TestYourMight a guy who goes by kabelfritz has decided to make a petition.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/pe...d-retweet-tym-community-project-part-3.54951/

What he and other test your might users are trying to achieve is that we want it to be known that Netherrealm Studios have cheated us out of our money and lie to us aan prevent this from happening again or at least have people be fully aware of Netherrealm Studios lack of content to provide good service to its customers.

I ask of you SG members to try to help us out and sign the petition,tweet this petition out to the public, post it on Facebook or maybe mention it on your stream so that it can be notice by the masses that NetherRealm Studios don't care about the NetKode.

I would also like to thank the people in advance who took the time to read this post and sign the petition.

As much as I want to see NR games get good netcode, but this is not gonna work for a variety of reasons.

1. TYM is a tiny minority of the sheer amount of consumers who bought the game and chances are a lot of them give zero shits about online or competitive gaming. Even if they try to reach out in other websites I doubt that will change much.

2. NR did nothing legally wrong so the 'cheating you out of good online' allegation won't get far. All they need to show is proof that MKX netcode is marginally better then MK9/Injustice by bringing up various journalists that praised the netcode. Even if NR did something illegal someone is gonna have to take it up with them in court and the risks that come with it considering the court fees, time investment, etc. They can easily counter-sue you back for defamation.

3. NR has a strong argument against the whole 'lack of content to provide good service' allegation considering it's a fighter that has more shit to do then your average fighter. Just from the whole season pass stuff for post-release they can easily make the argument that NR gave good customer service and will start shoving sales figures down your throat.

4. If the whole goal is to boycott NR by spreading the message until they listen about the netcode outcry then it's way too late for that considering the amount of money they made already assuming #1 wasn't an issue to begin with.

5. 500 votes is nothing for a petition if you want to get your voice heard seriously. There are petitions out there with several times more votes and the signatures would go one ear and out the other.

6. Only roughly 200~ sigs since Monday is not a good look because another thing to look after is how long can a petition even reach the goal.

That said I'll sign, but yeah not sure what this is trying to accomplish.

Reactions: OldOnyxBones
@Number 13

Thanks for your signature and insight. I hope that you tweet this out or post it on Facebook, we need as many signature as possible.

Torr, Erron, and Subzy unmasked

08_mkfaces01.jpg

08_mkfaces02.jpg

08_mkfaces03.jpg

Reactions: Muro
Welp, Torr is officially the biggest nightmare fuel this game has.

I dunno I think Sub-Zero going all Bill Cosby is way scarier.

08_mkfaces03.jpg

Cosby-making-a-funny-face.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: North888
Anyone remember the Jason Assist Me that came out a few months back from Maximilian?

Well that spawned from a Live event on Twitch that had even Mike Ross and several heads of Twitch dropping in to watch (Mike Ross even bumped it to the Front Page as the first video to come up).

Reason I'm bringing this up is Max has announced another Twitch Event, this one 3 months in the Making, that is to take place on Saturday August 15 at 6 p.m. Pacific Time...and all evidence is pointing to the other guest Character in MK X.

Anyone remember the Jason Assist Me that came out a few months back from Maximilian?

Well that spawned from a Live event on Twitch that had even Mike Ross and several heads of Twitch dropping in to watch (Mike Ross even bumped it to the Front Page as the first video to come up).

Reason I'm bringing this up is Max has announced another Twitch Event, this one 3 months in the Making, that is to take place on Saturday August 15 at 6 p.m. Pacific Time...and all evidence is pointing to the other guest Character in MK X.
OH MY GOD
HUMAN CENTIPEDE

I don't know, Freddy was fitting but after a while you grow bored of guest characters, at least I do.

I mean really, deconfirm Smoke but hint at Terminator? (That could be a hoax tho) pfft

Wait, an Assist me for Predator, or the reveal of the next Guest Character?

Live Event Predator. The Assist me Spawned out of the live event, with all the non-game scenes (Jason attacking the Yo Videogames crew, their couter attackand tying him up, etc) were all recorded ahead of time and played on Twitch (max checked the bylaws ahead of time to pull the stunt). Even a solid 30-45 min of a pre recorded Jason used to play himself, while the actual fights on stream were Max Steve and Kenny playing behind the recording.

The are looking to do the same, but with Predator. (Potentially the footage will later be used for an Assist me). Last time this happened with Jason, the chat went ape-s*** screaming at Jason, wondering where steve was, asking if Benny was ok, and later half of us were yelling leave him(Jason) tied up while the other half were saying release him (which had to happen as they only had one ending scripted: the Cyblax and Jason vs Shao Khan ending).

Literally Twitch approached him afterwards to discuss doing another Live event like that. The results.....will be seen this Saturday at 6 p.m. Pacific.

Why in the hell would it be for a character unrevealed, Max isn't doing anything for NRS, and wouldn't know anything about what MKX is doing next
it's most definitely just an Assist Me for Predator

Why in the hell would it be for a character unrevealed, Max isn't doing anything for NRS, and wouldn't know anything about what MKX is doing next
it's most definitely just an Assist Me for Predator

That's the thing, it's NOT an Assist Me as those are fully pre-recorded. It may become an Assist me afterwards, but for now, it will be Live Predator on Maximilian's Channel.

Since Kenny and Steve are working with max, is safe to assume that is something MK related.

Also, the port for MKX isn't dead for last gen, so i am kinda skeptical, i doubt a decent downgraded version of MKX can be done, but let's see.

Also, how is Jacki and Cassie in this game, of the newcomers, they are the ones i want to play, but you know, i don't have the game yet.

Also, how is Jacki and Cassie in this game, of the newcomers, they are the ones i want to play, but you know, i don't have the game yet.

If you want tons of salt thrown your way pick Full-Auto Jackie and spam her projectile. People are gonna rage SO much. :D But if you see someone ducking under it without blocking that means he knows how to get over that so etter change your tactic. :P For me Jackie is very satisfying, mostly because you really feel the weight behind her punches, even more than when you play Jax, and in Shotgun variations she has some very cool restand and run combos.

Cassie Cage has a very good High-Low game since she has some fast and comboable attacks in both cases. Fun combos too. I didn't play her much though.

I don't like to use projectiles in any games (if i liked, peacock would be my main no question here in SG). But yeah, i'm looking for fun combos in general.

MKX cancelled for PS3 and Xbox 360 so bad news for those waiting to play on those platforms.

MKX cancelled for PS3 and Xbox 360 so bad news for those waiting to play on those platforms.
I was not exactly waiting, but it sucks anyway.

But somehow, it was something kinda obvious, the graphics in MKX are too heavy to be downgraded to something playable on the 360/ps3...

Shocker.

Not surprised, but I hope everyone who reserved the game on those platforms gets their money back.

Kudos to them for admitting they couldn't do it and cancelling it instead of releasing something awful.

Well, that is a sign to transition to the next gen console.