• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Official League of Legends Thread!

Classic Orianna Splash Art
Orianna_Splash_0.jpg

Just lovely. <3​

lets hope poppy is next. I really hate that current duck face she's had for the longest time.

lets hope poppy is next. I really hate that current duck face she's had for the longest time.

Whenever someone mentions Poppy, a battle begins in my mind to see how long I can go without mentioning Galford from Samurai Shodown, which I just did and therefore OCD wins again...

HEY POP-PY!

just saying,
500px-Poppy_OriginalSkin.jpg

I hate this. it just makes her not look appealing as a character. it makes her look smarmy and like she's doing a duckface.

like, when we got better skin designs in her crimson armor, Battle Liegalia, and even her Noxus art has been replaced with a better splash art that gives her this doll-like appearance.
wallpaper_760px_8932.jpg

Guardian of The Sands Khazix Splash Art
Khazix_Splash_2.jpg

Galactic Azir Splash Art

Azir_Splash_1.jpg

Classic Cassiopeia Splash Art
Cassiopeia_Splash_0.jpg

it sucks that the lore is taking,a backseat. That's a part of the appeal of league. You can play a character who is the greatest nicest person in the world, a messenger of destruction, a deadly assassin, a warrior seeking redemption, and big dumb goo monster on the same team. Like, take away the lore, you might as well take away every champion's personality too.

it sucks that the lore is taking,a backseat. That's a part of the appeal of league. You can play a character who is the greatest nicest person in the world, a messenger of destruction, a deadly assassin, a warrior seeking redemption, and big dumb goo monster on the same team. Like, take away the lore, you might as well take away every champion's personality too.

The lore hasn't so much taken a backseat as it's been stuffed in the trunk and functions as little more than an "Excuse Plot". But seeing how Riot is taking an interest in cranking out full motion video trailers and seems to have a subset of players who suck at the game, but like the characters and the world enough to take an interest in the lore. So they actually have expand on the plot now as a matter of catering to that specific brand of consumer.

Trust me there's a fortune to be made in posters and plush Annie dolls.

so, I found another champion I really like.

Riven The Exile.

I love her lore, and I love the way she feels once you get the hang of her. also, I love how she has really low cooldowns and relies on no mana. a different change of pace, and I love it.

so, I found another champion I really like.

Riven The Exile.

I love her lore, and I love the way she feels once you get the hang of her. also, I love how she has really low cooldowns and relies on no mana. a different change of pace, and I love it.

battle_bunny_riven_by_knockwurst-d5o2n8u.jpg

Yeah, I'd love that too. =D
Now where can I get one of those geddups. ^_~

it's a shame Riven has that one skin that makes her look really weird.

fortunately, battle bunny and redeemed aren't either of them
613x460x2-Riven_RedeemedSkin.png

fav skin. need to buy it eventually though.

it's a shame Riven has that one skin that makes her look really weird.

fortunately, battle bunny and redeemed aren't either of them

fav skin. need to buy it eventually though.

The less we speak of that...thing...the better.

Have a Sona, I love Sona.
640px-Sona_GuqinSkin.jpg

It's a shame that Riot hates her...

but but but.... everyone loves Sona.... except people who don't but no one likes those people....

poor Sona is gonna sound so crazy once summoners are retconned.

but but but.... everyone loves Sona.... except people who don't but no one likes those people....

poor Sona is gonna sound so crazy once summoners are retconned.

Yeah, but my understanding is that no one plays her anymore. Since she's like Evelynn useless now.

and then there's champs like Orianna and Lee Sin whose entire backstories revolve around summoners...

why not just make summoners there but not relevant to anything entirely?

and then there's champs like Orianna and Lee Sin whose entire backstories revolve around summoners...

why not just make summoners there but not relevant to anything entirely?

Isn't that what they are now?

Yeah, but my understanding is that no one plays her anymore.

Hello, I play pretty much only Sona in League, yes. She's actually pretty good, despite what most League players might think (the joke being League players knowing what they're talking about). People who complain about her have no real idea how she works, and are often really bad themselves but don't wanna admit it. Case in point, people complaining to me about not getting out heals when this thing called a cooldown exists, and the fact that my heals can't possibly cover them when they run towards three enemies who are several levels higher than them. People are just dumb like that.

It's a shame that Riot hates her...

Riot actually updated her skins and gave her a nice lane buff to make her better in team fights, so there's that too. Just don't listen to random League players in games, cause they're kinda bad.

It's been a while since I last played League.

My thoughts on what's happening.
  • Morgana doesn't deserve that skin.
  • I like the mechanics on Azir, but League's unit control system is pretty shitty so it kinda breaks their character development.
  • Metagame still the same, and always looks like Riot wants to keep that way.
  • Riot reinforces defensive game with free wards and it shouldn't.
IMHO league has too many dashes, too few stuns and too few relevant active items. To change the meta, Riot would have to change at least this.

It's been a while since I last played League.

My thoughts on what's happening.
  • Morgana doesn't deserve that skin.
  • I like the mechanics on Azir, but League's unit control system is pretty shitty so it kinda breaks their character development.
  • Metagame still the same, and always looks like Riot wants to keep that way.
  • Riot reinforces defensive game with free wards and it shouldn't.
IMHO league has too many dashes, too few stuns and too few relevant active items. To change the meta, Riot would have to change at least this.

I get the impression that Riot doesn't want to change the meta because it would involve them having to do more work rather than just outsource skins and sell them at huge markups.

IMO some other things that League HAS to change:
  • Denying
  • More consumables
  • Some decent item actives other than the regular ones. Put some stun, some snare, movement disruption, etc...
  • Nerf cooldown reduction to 30%
  • Nerf overall spell damage and buff overall CC effectiveness
  • Remove flash and put something similar to DotA's blink dagger (really, flash is overpowered and has always been)
  • Focus less in making skins and focus more in making champions
    • For real, back in 2012 they used to release 2 champs a month
  • Make wards harder to get
    • League's actual metagame is too defensive, since everybody has a free ward and it's not worth upgrading lens early (RIP Oracle)
  • Make supports more relevant (pretty much all I said before is torwards this)
  • Disjointed projectiles
    • Not too relevant, but I don't like seeing those projectile following it's prey anywhere. I mean, ffs this is not how the world works. Arrows don't chase people.
  • Come back with both Oracle and Invisibility
  • Come back with RNG things like dodge
    • I like the way that Riot abominates RNG but keeps critical strike
    • Also, the dodge thing wouldn't be available through masteries/runes like it was before, but through abilites/itens like the good ol' phantom dancer
  • Remove Brawler Gloves and make Critical Strike a little harder to get
  • Make usually weak autoattacks somewhat more relevant during lategame

You lost me at Denying.
Denying should never, fucking EVER be in League.
It's a stupid, dated mechanic that belongs in Dota 2 and nothing else.

you wanna know who needs a new skin? Volibear
why? cuz all of his current ones suck because they turn him into not a polar bear.
is it likely he'll ever get a new skin? no.

You lost me at Denying.
Denying should never, fucking EVER be in League.
It's a stupid, dated mechanic that belongs in Dota 2 and nothing else.
Explain your point of view.

denying is fine, but they should allow it to where another person can take the place of the person who denied. that way you can get people immediately and fill up slots faster, rather than having that one douche troll people by being the only one.

whoops, I didn't understand the question. :P

Because it's fucking stupid, why would your characters be killing minions just because?
And because it's simply anti-fun for the other person.
I can understand ruining their day with harassment, but actively preventing them from catching up by denying them gold and EXP is just mean-spirited.
It has no place in League and never will.
Gangplank used to be able to deny creeps but they got rid of that.
So I don't think it's ever going to be in the game.

yes, denying seems like a scumbag tactic and is just really dumb if you ask me.

it comes off like "you're doing better than me?! not if I can help it!"

Just because strategy?
Because it adds complexity to the game?
Because as you can deny, you can be denied?
Because if wards are less accesible, the one getting zoned can ask someone to gank his/their lane and maybe get a kill?
Because supports can do more stuff during the laning phase other than "hey, I'll sit in this bush until the enemy does a silly mistake"?
It's not even a big deal. There are 6 minions that gives 20g. In DotA there are 4 that gives you more, so denying there has way more impact and most people end up with around 40 denies a match and 200 creeps (if they are somewhat decent).
Not getting a last hit to deny a minions is totally not worth, so yeah, if you and your opponent are in the same rythm, the minions will pretty much die at the same time. If you deny yours instead of getting his, you're pretty dumb. You only get denied if you push hard or don't last hit properly.

League is more beloved because it's less complex than Dota .
League adding more complexity would make less people play it because it's less fun.
Because that means a harsher difficulty curve.

Back