• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

I like Pat's summary of the relationship being that 76 and Ana had an affair and that brought forth Pharah, but then 76 marries Mercy and they give birth to Gremlin.

making him EVERYONE'S DAD!

I played Ana the other day. Sorry, but she's pretty boring. I don't really feel like I do much buff people and throw out the occasional attempt at a headshot. At least with Widowmaker I had mobility and felt like I was forcing people into traps or out of their hiding zones. Here I just feel like a backline granny OCDing over her grandkids...

that's why I said attempt. I'm not a great sniper in the first place, so that actually explains A LOT of why I didn't feel too good with her...

I'm a dumbass it seems...

She's a support sniper. You need to have the same mentality one would have playing with the Sydney Sleeper in TF2.

Refresh my memory?

And yeah, I did that, it's hard to healsnipe your buddies soteimes though

Sydney Sleeper was a sniper rifle that did mediocre damage and couldn't headshot, but increased the damage taken by anyone hit by it for a little while. It was generally considered pretty garbage.

it didn't have reduced damage.
it just couldn't headshot. but if you hit an enemy after being scoped for a couple seconds, your shot will give the enemy a Jarate effect, meaning they take increased damage. I would play the piss gun all the time and then someone berated me because "you should get a good gun because headshots"

that's like saying saying a medic is worthless because it's not another class shooting at the enemy and instead giving heals.

it didn't have reduced damage.
it just couldn't headshot. but if you hit an enemy after being scoped for a couple seconds, your shot will give the enemy a Jarate effect, meaning they take increased damage. I would play the piss gun all the time and then someone berated me because "you should get a good gun because headshots"

that's like saying saying a medic is worthless because it's not another class shooting at the enemy and instead giving heals.

The difference is that Medics healing people and other classes shooting people have different purposes, where as the Sydney Sleeper was just another way of killing someone, except that instead of dealing with all or close to all their health in a single head-shot, you deal a comparatively small amount of damage and rely on the rest of the team to close out the kill, which gives time for the target to be healed, retreat, or get some shots back at you, none of which would happen if they were just dead from a head-shot with the default or the Bazaar Bargain, or even the Huntsman or Compound, honestly. The amount of times that it's more useful than the default is really really low.

The mechanic where you're scoped in and any ally in the triangle gets hit by Ana's healing dart is a neat quality of life ability tho

The difference is that Medics healing people and other classes shooting people have different purposes, where as the Sydney Sleeper was just another way of killing someone, except that instead of dealing with all or close to all their health in a single head-shot, you deal a comparatively small amount of damage and rely on the rest of the team to close out the kill, which gives time for the target to be healed, retreat, or get some shots back at you, none of which would happen if they were just dead from a head-shot with the default or the Bazaar Bargain, or even the Huntsman or Compound, honestly. The amount of times that it's more useful than the default is really really low.
Hai, TF2 fag here popping in for some info. Things you can do with the SS:

- Oneshot Medics, Spies, Engies, other Snipers even if they have DDS and Demos with the Eyelander. The Sydney does 150 of damage full scoped and kills those classes easily if they aren't overhealed.
- Eventually, since hit targets are jarated and suffer minicrits, you can finish them off with another shot before they get out of sight. If they don't, you have a maximum of 8 seconds (if you hit them with a charged shot) before the jarate wears off.
- Considering that the Sydney has a +25% charge rate bonus and deals 68 dmg when it minicrits, it's not that hard to double shot a Soldier or a Demo. For reference, a non-charged headshot with any other sniper that isn't a bow deals 150, but a half-charged headshot does obviously more, so that has to be considered.
- With the recent buff, you can jarate multiple enemies from afar with either a fully charged shot or a headshot. With a bit of coordination, you can help a fellow Solly, Demo, Heavy or even a Pyro not using the Backburner. (the BB is shunned upon by good Pyro mains)
- Again, with the recent update you can now extinguish teammates from afar. Hard to do on Scouts and maybe Spies but still nice. Easier to do on Medics and the rest of the classes (minus Pyro because afterburn immunity).
- All this jarate utility gives you the choice of swapping Jarate with another secondary. (duh)
- Bodyshots are easier that headshots. (also duh but it's because they require less skill)

I know it's a Overwatch thread but still.

- With the recent buff, you can jarate multiple enemies from afar with either a fully charged shot or a headshot. With a bit of coordination, you can help a fellow Solly, Demo, Heavy or even a Pyro not using the Backburner. (the BB is shunned upon by good Pyro mains)
- Again, with the recent update you can now extinguish teammates from afar. Hard to do on Scouts and maybe Spies but still nice. Easier to do on Medics and the rest of the classes (minus Pyro because afterburn immunity).

I was actually not aware of this (Was this in Meet your Match or Tough Break? Because I swear that last time I played I couldn't put out allies), this makes it better in way more situations. I still think that I'd go for the Bazaar or the Default, but it's way less clear now. Good job Volvo.

Even then, though, I'd still say the comparison to Ana's rifle isn't very apt, if only because they provide different types of support to the team. CC is the pretty obvious comparison (Although I actually can't remember if you can headshot with that; if it's been a while since I played TF2, it's been a long while since I played Crossbow Medic).

I was actually not aware of this (Was this in Meet your Match or Tough Break? Because I swear that last time I played I couldn't put out allies), this makes it better in way more situations. I still think that I'd go for the Bazaar or the Default, but it's way less clear now. Good job Volvo.
This was in the last major update, Meet your Match, along with a slew of buffs and nerfs on other weapons.

Real talk, new D.Va is the fuckin' best. the shield meter is way better than the long cooldown one. now she's the best tank in the game.

Her self destruct is now a force to be feared.

Her self destruct is now a force to be feared.
yo. real talk.

one of the games with new D.Va, I just jumped onto the enemy payload.
stood right next to it.
and fuckin' dared them to attack me with by taunting.

i was so used to just hitting LT to cancel d'va's boost
now I gotta rebind it
nobody's perfect

I hope some day you guys can forgive me for post this here.

it's okay, we forgive you but

but don't do it again.

Edgelord > SweetReap

The road to the soccer Lucio skin is a hard and perilous journey.....and apparently an annoying one too since Overwatch is giving me server problems >:T

Anna aimed the tranquilizer dart to the sky and hit the fabric of their reality

I got Genji's Nihon skin and the victory pose for 76 where you can totally see his dong.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
8c2f92936296477b2a331549dac1079b.jpg

Last edited:
Got the soccer Lucio skin. All is right in the world.