• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

But yours was.

So if it isn't "helpfull" it "could" be taken as a complain, then it justifies your clearly negative and contemptuous response? I think that is a paranoid logic, reading too much in a comment, and being overdefensive. Maybe you should be more tolerant and respect others opinions. Anyway, I do not retract of my opinion, take it as you like.
Calm down, homie

Mike Z and LabZ are very open to their community's feedback, you should appreciate their patience. He's been way too nice to you, actually.

Last edited:
He has admittedly...but this conversation doesn't need to devolve into 20+ comments telling him how great mike and lab zero are. It simply serves to be off topic and waste space.

I have submitted my Beoulf Pallete, i wont say what it is yet. just gonna say... Not.

I believe Squiglys head was very hard to see on some stages on account of it being invisible, thats just my educated guess though.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there.
They could add a little contrast to it like with the ghost palette so you could see it but, I'm not sure if they could still pass that off as jim with a somewhat visible head.

Last edited:
if my memory serves me right, it's because Alex didn't like it.

I also didn't either. felt it was kinda dumb to have her ENTIRE head be see through and leviathan's body be cut into 2 because of the space.

Reactions: ElementFree
I didn't really see it as "leviathan's body being cut into 2"
I thought those were meant to be seen as portals of some sort sense the palette is referencing is from earthworm jim. I also like the idea no head look

gP5QNoI.png

If she did have a head, the earthworm jim reference wouldn't be all that clear (no pun intended)

Saying this,
I can also see the faults here like when she sings doing most of her attacks. With this palette, where is her sound coming from? directly from her neck? it's kinda gross to think about...

eh, I think her head could have been invisible while her hair could have been the same pink as levi.

either way, I don't think it should be seen as that big a loss. why play as Jim when you can play as Zone?

Reactions: Ktulu
Dreaming of the future
vKz3VjF.gif

Palette Scoreboard:

Big Band - 22
Beowulf - 16
Cerebella - 22
Double - 21
Eliza - 22
Filia - 22
Fukua - 20
Ms. Fortune - 22
Painwheel - 20
Parasoul - 22
Peacock - 22
Robo-Fortune - ??
Squigly - 22
Valentine - 22

Remember the limited quantity palette auction from last month?
Peacock (1) CLAIMED
Painwheel (2) CLAIMED
Double (2) CLAIMED
Beowulf (1) CLAIMED
Robo Fortune (2) CLAIMED

Three possibilities:
1. Peacock and Double stand out with 23 colors
2. Every character (except Fukua) move to a 23 colors (or more).
3. Peacock and Double get existing palettes replaced and stay at 22 colors.

3. Peacock and Double get existing palettes replaced and stay at 22 colors.

I don't see why there's any sensible reason to remove palettes at all.

People have invested money into either backing or purchasing the DLC palettes, pulling the rug out from under them isn't in good faith regardless of intent.
Players that use these palettes will feel like they're being arbitrarily punished over "justice."

Removing old palettes to make room for new palettes only makes sense if the sheer number of palettes exceeds the amount of hotkey space available (which is 64, nowhere close to that yet). There's no justice in knocking others down so the have-nots feel "equal."

Put it this way: if two children have 3 toy trucks each, and the first child gets another toy truck as a gift from someone who likes him, what sense is there to smashing one of his original toy trucks to make it fair?

Also, there's no obligation for every character to be given an additional palette to catch up with those that are slightly ahead. It might happen in due time, but don't hold your breath. There's no fundamental issue with Peacock and Double having 1 more palette than the rest.

Put it this way: if two children have 3 toy trucks each, and the first child gets another toy truck as a gift from someone who likes him, what sense is there to smashing one of his original toy trucks to make it fair?
Or to put it another way, what if an update was available for PC but it had to be delayed for console, what sense would there be in also delaying the PC update? :^)

That said I agree with you

I don't see why there's any sensible reason to remove palettes at all.
If PeaCOCK and DouBLOW keep their extra palette, they will have an unfair matching team wardrobe advantage over the rest of the cast. I think the only fair way to go about this is to nerf their gameplay to compensate for this grievous oversight in their palette balance.

I think the only fair way to go about this is to nerf their gameplay to compensate for this grievous oversight in their palette balance.

>Solobella player
>Wants other characters to get nerf'd

nuh-uh bro.

Yeah I did that math and also found the concept of 23rd palette intriguing... (3 new Painwheels!!!!)
I find it unlikely that they'll replace palettes, but it's a possibility. I mean they cut beta palettes, right?
We'll see. Even if everyone caps at 22, we're in for a treat.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Beta palettes are a special case since palettes for work-in-progress characters have a big "don't get used to these just yet, we're brainstorming" label on them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a palette placed in retail was ever removed so far.

I agree with you Muro, I'm just saying it could easily be done. And nothing that is physically possible should be considered impossible.

I mean it's a possibility that the world will end tomarrow, but that doesn't make it a likely possibility.

It's faulty logic to say that just because something could happen, that it will happen. 1% is oh so very likely.

Last edited:
Watch, the world is gonna end tomorrow, just because you said that.

Dammit Humdinger I had shit to do tomorrow.

My apologies if that came off that way. Suffice to say I simply disagree. I mean we've lost palletes before...but it's pretty doubtful that we'll lose complete palletes that are already in the game imo. It'c possible that they could remove stuff on the offhand chance that they got in trouble or needed to..

but that doesn't equate to being likely.

Last edited:
I find it unlikely that they'll replace palettes
Never said it was likely, just a very doable scenario.

Essentially this has been an argument (not really an argument, more of a 'philosophical dialogue') between to people who share the same opinion but voice and phrase it in different ways, one which is considering all possible outcomes however unlikely the other ruling out all but the most probable. Fair enough.

Here's the chair and arm colors for our newest Beowulf palettes:

43F7716CB216C26A667AD0EA01F53062DBA37C3C

Reactions: BallotBoxer
that red and white.
it makes me all hot and bothered.

I know that a big band skin is a reference to King De-de-de form Kirby, and that a Filia skin is a reference to a character from Adventure Time named Fiona. I apologize for the lack of pictures, I don't feel like posting them, but the characters can be found easily on google.