• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

This Alpha palette shall suit me quite well...

I was waiting for the day she would get one, now that she does I must strike down anyone who tries to pick it before me.

I really like the Falco palette.

6SkLTMH.png

So I guess my suggestion for Fukua to have a Falco color palette was approved? lol

Reactions: agent13
as if it wasnt hard enough to tell the difference between the two already
The only issue would be if the other player was using Filia's original color, and honestly, what are the chances that that's going to happen?

New Colors:
yO6uKRc.png
I think I just noticed this but shouldn't Reptile's eyes be yellow?

I remember a time long ago when I was super hype when I first played MK2 in the arcade and found out he had a raptor head. Because DINOSAURS! RAAAAWR!

Last edited:
Human Reptile's eyes are white, at least in MK2/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I prefer the Falco palette! Dunno why, didn't play much Starfox back then, but you know, Nintendo.

The Falco does look pretty good, but my favorite Fukua in the game right now is Maeruto. Seems like every time new palettes come out I have a new favorite, though, so it probably won't last.

Human Reptile's eyes are white, at least in MK2/3.
Ah. I was thinking of his lizard face when he uses his spit attack in MK2. But I also misremembered that his eyes were actually red in MK2.

His eyes are yellow in the Mortal Kombat cartoon.

I am a person who can't rest until all of the references for each color palette are revealed. Luckily I just had a flash of insight on Big Band's #21: It's Dio Brando from JoJo's bizarre adventure. It was used because Big Band's TUBATUBATUBA move is a reference to Dio's ORAORAORA move, in the first JoJo's fighting game, commonly known around the internet as ZA WARUDO. If you look up a picture of Dio and compare the similarities become clear.

Mike himself described the palette's "reference"/idea in the changelog as Big Pimpin'. Granted, it's does look as pimp-like as it could with a combination of colors alone.

Guys, we have a fan-palette idea thread already. I'm sure Lab Zero folks, if looking for palette ideas, check it. Please keep discussion of would-be or could-be palettes there.

Edit: Moved all off-topic fan suggestions here. Seriously guys, no more here. This thread is for discussing references and talking about palettes currently in-game.

The new palette, that Violent Ken?

Also, any reason why it seems like every palette that's referencing an animal or a furry character, they seem to always get human looking skin color? Falco, Fluttershy, and I guess Battletoads.

The new palette, that Violent Ken?

Also, any reason why it seems like every palette that's referencing an animal or a furry character, they seem to always get human looking skin color? Falco, Fluttershy, and I guess Battletoads.

Probably because those palettes would look hideous if they had neon yellow/green skin

Probably because those palettes would look hideous if they had neon yellow/green skin
Don't think Falco would have looked bad with blue skin, and Fluttershy may have worked with yellow skin and green clothes. So with three animal people having human skin, just wondering if it's a "we aren't making animal people with fur-skin", or just that these three were decided to have human skin.

Keep in mind that Fluttershy was a backer palette. For all we know, the backer in question might have wanted Parasoul to have human skin and Fluttershy's yellow specifically for clothes.

Last edited:
That's true. I guess I'll wait and see one more furry creature get referenced before I think about it again.

I am a person who can't rest until all of the references for each color palette are revealed. Luckily I just had a flash of insight on Big Band's #21: It's Dio Brando from JoJo's bizarre adventure. It was used because Big Band's TUBATUBATUBA move is a reference to Dio's ORAORAORA move, in the first JoJo's fighting game, commonly known around the internet as ZA WARUDO. If you look up a picture of Dio and compare the similarities become clear.
Oh shit, I meant palette #20- the orange trim with black center-unmistakibly Dio's outfit.

Oh shit, I meant palette #20- the orange trim with black center-unmistakibly Dio's outfit.
Hate to break it to ya, but #20 is not a reference.

Hate to break it to ya, but #20 is not a reference.
Darn, I thought for sure that I was on to something. Oh well.

Did anyone ever figure out if that Cerebella palette was officially a reference to anything?

Edit: WHOOPS, completely forgot to mention WHICH palette. Number 20.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky
Oh yeah, I guess I can sorta see Inuyasha. Even though it's Violent Ken.

Did anyone ever figure out if that Cerebella palette was officially a reference to anything?
Edit: WHOOPS, completely forgot to mention WHICH palette. Number 20.
It's a reference, yes.

nope its inuyasha :P now to go off to your bella guide to learn her.
It's Violent Ken. Inuyasha is not a clone (and was barely even a fighting game character).

I know this is probably a dumb question, and someone's asked it before, but why scrap palettes in the first place? They're just waitin' to be used by players. Does it have something to do with game memory?