• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Road to getting better

Yoyomega101

Let's play some video games :D
Reaction score
Steam
Yoyomega101
PSN
Yoyomega101
XBL
YoyoMega101
Big Band Cerebella Unknown
I'm a beginner, I have been playing Skullgirls for awhile now and I want to start getting better then just acting like I know what I am doing. I play a lot of SSF4 AE 2012, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Persona 4 Arena, and Injustice. I'm currently using Big Band and Filia as my team, waiting for Fukua, Eliza, Beowulf, and Robo-Fortune. I want to see if anyone can help me out with this game that I just adore. Anything helps team assists, adding another character, anything. Thanks!

If your running Filia BigBand you might want to add another character to cover big band's butt I run Filia Big Band Parasoul Or Cerebella mainly cause I naturally play them. Try Squigly battle opera so that you have a way to reel in people who run away (that's not guaranteed) it also keeps pressure with Filia

I'll try that when I get a chance to play. What should my team order when I try out Squigly? Also, any recommended assists for them.

Last edited:
Well with this team you have limited options as to where to place Squigly, she's hard to run as anchor but Filia should be point cause Big Band will be in the middle and he supports Filia using Brass Knuckle(H) while pressuring your opponent with J.Mp- airdash- J.Mp or J.Hp, the minus to this team is that each character has to be in a specific spot and that happens to be a spot they all need to occupy so for team order try

Filia(Updo(L))-BigBand(Brass Knuckle(H))-Squigly(Battle Opera) With this Big Band covers Filia by being a body in the way, having super armor and giving a bit of damage that sets up your Filia combo( Brass- airdash-J.Mp-S.Lp(x2)-S.Mp-S.Hp(launcher) into J.Mp which may cause burst dont remember if not-J.Mk-airdash J.Hk as an example) should you lose Filia Big Band will have a tough time getting in so have Squigly hide behind him to bring people in closer
or
Squigly(Drag n Bite)-Big Band(Take the A Train(M))-Filia(HairBall(M) or Updo(L) both leave her unsafe so use wisely) the whole purpose of this set up is to allow Squigly the time she needs to set up her stances I usually run Cerebella in place of Filia for her anti air to set up combos but that's just me
or
Big Band(Brass Knuckle(H))-Squigly(Ashes to Ashes)-Filia (Updo(L)) this is a little more experimental and may cause your opponent a little confusion as they won't know what to expect from your Squigly assist. The purpose is to make your opponent block low while pressuring them with BB so that you can call out Squigly to use Ashes to Ashes(its an overhead) opening up your opponent for Big Band Combos and reset (J.Lk-J.Mp use the full clarinet move-then airgrab-J.Lk-S.Lp-S.Mk(launcher) into the beginning combo again.

I don't usually share my secrets or battle plans but
1. You're willing to learn
2. I use so many characters and different combinations it doesn't affect me

I am willing to learn. Thanks for the help I'll go try them out!