• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

True.
I was going to respnond that it comes out in Japan a day sooner than america, but realized you're talking about kirby with which I can totally agree with you on.

Sonic's got an Ore Club, hide your kids!

oKCWedr.jpg

You mean kid icaruses? :P

Hmm, Uprising item, Pit, New Skyworld again...

Either Sakurai's not trying to be subtle anymore about Palutena, or we're in for an awesome rug sweep.

Here's the Miiverse post:

"Here's a giant attack item, the Ore Club! It's made of minerals mined on the mountain of the gods. This bulky weapon can even unleash tornadoes."

I'm pretty sure that's a cliff's notes of the actual weapon's description too. Looks to be a fun weapon.

Either Sakurai's not trying to be subtle anymore about Palutena, or we're in for an awesome rug sweep.

Who says it's Palutena? Yeah I know of those leaked screens but for all we know, they're fake and Sakurai will throw us a curveball and reveal Dark Pit instead.

*Yawn* Better see what Smash has for today, I sure hope it isn't something dumb and pointl-HOLY SHIT

You mean kid icaruses? :P

Hmm, Uprising item, Pit, New Skyworld again...

Or it's just a Kid Icarus themed picture because the item is from Kid Icarus.
It doesn't have to mean anything.

If Peach doesn't pull this out of a vegetable I will be severely disappointed.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
good to see Sonic and the Lord of the Rings is coming out on WiiU

I was worried that the Storybook series ended

But why's Sonic using the Eye of Sauron

I am watching the trailer now, along with the news of Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games...
tumblr_m5n3muDJAb1qfi7g6_large.gif

"Here's a giant attack item, the Ore Club! It's made of minerals mined on the mountain of the gods. This bulky weapon can even unleash tornadoes."
Uhhh
Isn't the Babel Club the one that makes tornadoes?

the news of Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games...
Drill dozer nintendo
plz nintendo

Uhhh
Isn't the Babel Club the one that makes tornadoes?

Both do, and they have different properties if I recall. I think Ore's are stationary while Babel's are moving.

Drill dozer nintendo
plz nintendo
Does the GamePad have Rumble? Cause that was a big thing of the game, the rumble. Doesn't matter, I'll play with the Pro Controller, and hopefully that would have rumble.

That and technically the Babel Club generates sandstorms as opposed to ordinary tornadoes.

but why not the skyscraper club so i can throw buildings at people like a real g

I have an urge to ask how Sakurai would get something from one of his games wrong in another of them, but not only did I not play Uprising so I wouldn't know the difference to begin with, but there were a couple of inconsistencies between certain trophy descriptions and what actually happened in the games, I can't really.

Inconsistencies in the trophies are in NO WAY connected to Sakurai. He doesn't write the English dialogue, he's the director.

Most inconsistencies and errors in the American Brawl's trophy descriptions are fixed for the European release, making me think that it was translation errors. Due to how Pokemon was simul-translated with help from the Japanese, I'd think there'd be less now.

Sonic's got an Ore Club, hide your kids!

oKCWedr.jpg

Woah that's badass. The thunder around link makes me think this thing is gonna be as powerful as the Homerun Bat.

Woah that's badass. The thunder around link makes me think this thing is gonna be as powerful as the Homerun Bat.
uhhhh, you mean Pit?

no he means link
link right there
in his signature greek-inspired garb

i can ignore zelda but who that riding them
is that tingle

uhhhh, you mean Pit?

No I mean Link. See:
zdlc03011395789310jpg-e31e29_610w.jpg

I don't know why I said "link," I could've sworn I said "that thing."

Guise I know Japanese, lemme tell you what it says:

"DIDDY EATSU BANANASU AND MAC PUNCHEZUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Reactions: DDB and Φ
...am I weird for thinking that Brawl looks better in every one of those comparison pics?

The art style for SSB4 will certainly age better due to its smoother art style, but there is a lot more detail within the Brawl images. Look at Mario's overalls in the Brawl pic, for instance: that looks like actual denim. Sure, those overalls will look grainier and uglier in years to come, but as side-by-side images right now, the Brawl ones look better to me than the SSB4 ones.

the homogeneous art style in brawl made everything look like it was from twilight princess
i hate TP's art style (even if it has the best zelda but Smash 4 made her look even better)

...am I weird for thinking that Brawl looks better in every one of those comparison pics?

Yes.

While the Brawl models are undoubtingly more detailed (nothing will top Peach's fucking pimp dress) it was drastically grittier than all the styles of the original games (sans maybe Snake or Ike).

While Smash 4's are less detailed, they are a million times cleaner. For example, look at Marth's wrists. The character's faces are less doll-like and emotionless. The way lighting affects them is a lot more apparent now. Every character looks like they'd both fit in their game and this Smash Universe. It is stylistically and graphically superior in every way.

And Samus's design just looks so much better. It really makes me realize how outdated the Super Metroid armor looks.

Reactions: Rellek and Jutsei
Even her penis has more emotion
just look at how much more vibrant it is