• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

We're probably getting Chrom.

though I have heard some ideas that it could be Chrom & Lucina as a team
Eww, that' sounds even worse.

I wouldn't mind if it was a shiek/zelda thing.

I'll probably just wait for sometime to enlighten us Skullheart citizens who can't watch it.

Can you post it here? I'll give one of my donuts...

F-fine! It's not like I had any left anyway, m-meanie!

(I probably will)

I'm expecting literally nothing for tonight's pic (maybe a shot at a stage already revealed), and a "Be sure to watch todays Smash Direct! Here's Zelda looking at Rosalina's ankle" on Tuesday.

I'm expecting literally nothing for tonight's pic (maybe a shot at a stage already revealed), and a "Be sure to watch todays Smash Direct! Here's Zelda looking at Rosalina's ankle" on Tuesday.
If that's the case, then suddenly this picture will make a whole lot more sense
rosalina-beats-zelda.jpg

zlCfzRwTADwq7HvlbW

"Pic of the day. An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!"

Try not to put too much of this into the context of the direct, but the Metroid is back as an AT. With Mother Brain, this also means Metroid now has 2 ATs, which is 1 more in this game than any other series besides Mario, and tied for the series-wide number when combined with Brawl with Zelda, WarioWare and Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
I'm slightly irked by this...

zlCfzRwTADwq7HvlbW

"Pic of the day. An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!"

Try not to put too much of this into the context of the direct, but the Metroid is back as an AT. With Mother Brain, this also means Metroid now has 2 ATs, which is 1 more in this game than any other series besides Mario, and tied for the series-wide number when combined with Brawl with Zelda, WarioWare and Animal Crossing.

iWTCCpC7ZhSvG.png

Other way around; Metroid came before Kid Icarus. Pit apparently even says they look like little Metroids in Uprising.

what if Smash Bros 6 is actually a movie
like the Magnificent Seven

for a second I was like "who is this and why is he talking in our smash chat" and then I realized you just changed profpic. Don't do that, it scares and triggers me (-︿-✿)

and that'd be neat but can metroid crawl

Reactions: Lavama
Looks like there might be another Smash after Smash 4, an updated version of Smash 4, or that Smash 4 will be delayed, coming 2015.

Thoughts? Personally I'm fine with all but another Smash in just one year. An updated version of Smash 4 would be okay as long as we get Smash 4 this year and the update is downloadable. Smash 4 being delayed, I'd be okay with as long as it's justified with more characters and stages, not Masterpieces or something trivial.

Probably a mistranslation.

for a second I was like "who is this and why is he talking in our smash chat" and then I realized you just changed profpic. Don't do that, it scares and triggers me (-︿-✿)

and that'd be neat but can metroid crawl

Wow, so exclusive. :/

Palutena confirmed to appear tomorrow.

Wow, so exclusive. :/

To be fair there's like what, 10 of us who post and read this thread?

Whenever someone "new" posts I feel uncomfortable and feel bad man

Back on topic, tomorrow should be hype. However, to make sure this thread isn't cray cray let's all wait until after to post here, mmmkay?

You can't make me you smelly Kangaroo! [/shamelessAustralianJab]

what if Smash Bros 6 is actually a movie
like the Magnificent Seven
What if development is actually being done by telltale, and it's actually going to follow the story of gritty detective Bowser who sheriffs a secret town of refugee nintendo icons hidden within New York city? And he's like, trying to help everyone but they're all afraid of him because of all the bad stuff he did in the old days and they can't forget even though they're supposed to? And he has a crush on princess zelda, and later on they have half turtle babies that can shapeshift and fly because bowser is secretly the son of the north fire? And then there's a side plot about how bowser fought in world war 2?
You know, just hoping.

Yeah? WELL YOU'RE A HOSER, EH
I WON'T EVEN TREAT YOU TO TIMS
GOLLY

sorry
I'm so sorry I heavily insulted you, I am so sorry.

So yeah, that Metroid is just awesome looking.

Ladies and Gentleman

The Magnificent, the Slow,

COVENANT!

I know all you guys will appreciate this.

Sorry man, but it is much appreciated!

So, yeah, on the topic of hope, I'm a Samus main, so, HAH! I already am pleased with the game! I hope Ridley gets confirmed Stage Hazard! XP

So, yeah, on the topic of hope, I'm a Samus main, so, HAH! I already am pleased with the game! I hope Ridley gets confirmed Stage Hazard! XP

I do want Ridley to be playable, and most arguments against him have been proven moot ("size doesn't matter in Smash", the fact that they wanted Villager in Brawl but couldn't figure him out but here he is in Smash 4 similar to how Sakurai said he couldn't think of getting Ridley to work)

That said, I can understand him not working out or being a secret character or whatever.

Really, I'd be okay with anyone revealed tomorrow, aside from maybe another Mario rep, Toon Zelda, Cranky Kong or anyone else not hype. Like, I like the characters, but that would be Decapre levels of let down.

Here is another thing. He seems awkward. Yeah, we fight Ridley on the ground in Metroid Prime, but I'm sure it won't be Meta Ridley that's playable. That's my own biggest issue with Ridley. Honestly, I would definitely attempt to use him, but I couldn't care for him to get in.

Reactions: Rellek
I think that would be used to his advantage. Awkward on the ground but nimble in the air would be a really neat foil to Little Mac. Think of him being able to use his B-moves to stay in the air:
  • Neutral B: Fireball similar to his attacks as a boss
  • Up B: Like Pit's in Brawl but causes damage, can be used multiple times to stay afloat longer
  • Side B: Drill Dash, ends in a glide maybe
  • Down B: Ground Pound type
There's a lot one could do with him to make him a neat character, but I'll stop here, I'm starting to hype for him and that's not good for tomorrow.

Replace the Down-B with a Tail-Stab, sure.

Replace the Down-B with a Tail-Stab, sure.

Well, I thought B's should be more movement based, but like, what if he could use Smash attacks in mid-air as a gimmick? That'd be something really different, and a Down Air Smash Tail-Stab would be awesome.

Honestly, every newcomer so far has been really different, mechanic-wise (aside from Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, who just have weird movesets) so I'm looking forward to some more interesting fighters. I did like the one Chrom "leak" that gave him a vulnerary as a move he can do three times per stock to replenish health in place of a counter like the other FE reps.

I'd rather chrom have something that makes use of his other classes
maybe have his down B as equipping a lance rather than his falchion
give him a horse a la the wario bike (minus being able to throw and eat it, unless we want to jack up the age rating)

Reactions: Lavama