• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

More Pokemon is a hype killer.

City Trial on only 3DS is a hype killer but thats reason enough for me to get both copies of the game so fuck it, city trial Smash is easily the best part of the whole thing.

Not gonna lie, Hawlucha would have been a better choice.

...But, Pokemon Trainer...sniff.
He said that stance changes are out, so yeah.
Not sure why he hates stance changes now.

Why Sakurai? Why Greninja over Mewtwo? You're gonna have people bitching about this for ages. Charizard returning is pretty dope though, even if it deconfirms Pokemon Trainer.

That was sick. It murdered soooo many leaks as well. I love this, though I am surprised that the 3DS version comes out first.

Not gonna lie, Hawlucha would have been a better choice.

He said that stance changes are out, so yeah.
Not sure why he hates stance changes now.

Load times on 3DS, maybe?

LOOK

LOOK AT THIS

Untitled.png

THE MEGAMEN ARE HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

I would like to dub that the Mega-Man Array.

Ridley deconfirmed. T_T

Greninja's okay, though I would have preferred a different Pokemon.

I question the online FD only mode. FD is one of the more biased neutral stages.

Other than that, it was a pretty hype trailer.

Oh, and WFT can use the ripple now. That's awesome!

Reactions: Covenant
I'm just waiting for smash boards to come back online so I can see the butt hurt. So much trolling was done in that direct. It was beautiful.

I'm kind of pissed off at that Ridley jab though.
I seriously think he was trolling though.
Because if he was a boss he'd probably be attacking.

Ridley is technically not 100% deconfirmed. He specifically chose not to show him when he mentioned bosses, just the shadow. Either he's doing some MASSIVE trolling or he's in the game. The ridley fans are pretty much in the same position they were before the direct.

So if all the megamans are already right there... costumes? Please sakurai?
Also, fucking ruin saying 4 new models are too expensive so robin can't have summons for his/her specials. Megaman has 4 new models FOR ONE ATTACK.

Mario looked so fucking cool right there at the end I mean oh my god

JUST

OKAY WHO WANTS TO MAKE THE FULL LIST?
I volunteer but if anyone would prefer to you should say so.

Ridley is technically not 100% deconfirmed. He specifically chose not to show him when he mentioned bosses, just the shadow. Either he's doing some MASSIVE trolling or he's in the game. The ridley fans are pretty much in the same position they were before the direct.
He's gonna drag this one out as long as physically possible.

brbgonnafindthatRidleyjablol

Also, fucking ruin saying 4 new models are too expensive so robin can't have summons for his/her specials. Megaman has 4 new models FOR ONE ATTACK.
look father-son kamehameha is different okay that shit brought a tear to my eye

That Psuedo-Palutena troll got me good. I was yelling "Sakurai you ASSHOLE!" for 2 minutes straight after I fell for it lol.

He's gonna drag this one out as long as physically possible.

The Palutena trolling was pretty funny too.

lol smashboards is down due to the hype, especially now that this game is pretty much going to be better than Melee, and my fears about framerate of 3DS are disposed of

I also like how the custom movesets are only usable when playing with friends.
Good call on that.

THE PONG ASSIST TROPHY THO?
yah Nintendo was in on that really weird pong craze back in the day, though it was only in JP as the AVGN couldnt use it

I expect smashboards to come back soon so I can say "i told you so" to Ridley supporters

Reactions: Rellek and Covenant
Okay real talk

Yeah some things we wanted aren't confirmed.

Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, etc etc

But the stuff that is, NO ONE SAW COMING

AND IT IS ALL GOOD

FUCKING CITY TRIAL MODE

Reactions: TailsWorld1
What, people don't like Greninja? Greninja was fucking awesome! Much better pick than Lucario, imo. So anyway, I got 7 mains in this game. Kirby, Samus, Charizard, Greninja, Little Mac, Megaman, and Sonic. Why couldn't this have been a team game, huh? :p

Oh, and it's also cool to see them doing things for the competitive players. All I need for my Smash needs to be satisfied forever is Dixie Kong, a definite maybe, and Marina Liteyears, a definite "you can go pound sand".

Stuff I noticed:
Pseudo-Palutena appears to be an edit of the palutena model from the leak.
Ridley's -probably- not playable, for one sakurai wouldn't want to confuse people who don't know about the too big controversy, and otherwise his movements are VERY robotic and he's in the middle of flight for a full 10 seconds without showing any sign of stopping which would be stupid good recovery for any playable character- not to mention he can apparently attack while flying!

Now waiting on that site update!

EDIT: Hold up. Maybe someone should check that Pseudo-Palutena trophy for that Starman that was in the leak...

Reactions: Arcana