• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Ooh, just had a thought: Since anyone with a counter can use them against the Sudden Death!Bob-Bombs, you think Villager would be able to Pocket them?

ypbNLhb.png

I actually love the amount and variety of items this time around. And how much you wanna bet this ISN'T all of them?

Actually, I had a bit of a theory.

I think it just "flags down" the Galaga ships. Though if it summons any other Namco characters I'd be totally fine too.

Whatever it is, it's activated like an Assist Trophy

468px-Smashpic300rretjykuk6rjkkjr6jewjwuj4wjw4j4.jpg

What if it's like an AT but only for Namco characters? Of course, it could just be a really good summon item that is balanced by using the startup from using an AT.

I'm not sure why no one wants Pac-Man or Mii.

Pac-Man is kind of a boring character (and I swear to God if he's voiced by the person from the cartoon I will cut a bitch)

Mii also feels like a lazy cop out for a generic/sports related moveset when we already have customizable movesets (to an extent). Also, how many damn Penis-Face or Hitler Miis will be online?

Miis are a part of Nintendo's history, whether they want to admit it or not.

Of course, there's no denying that. However, unlike ROB or even WFT, they don't lend themselves to creative movesets. Much like all the "Wii - " series games, while nice they are incredibly bland. They have no identity, much like the Mii's themselves (ironically).

(and I swear to God if he's voiced by the person from the cartoon I will cut a bitch)

Ahh, back during Pac-Man Party and SFXT when Pac-Man had the VA for Jimmy Neutron doing his voice. Seemed like a perfect match.

nah man
I actively want Mii just so I can use the one Mii i have on my Wii U and 3DS to beat people up
Pac-Man would just be a butts pick unless it's Pac-Man 2 Pac-Man

There's lots of stuff Miis can do
Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings, Sports, Nintendo Land, Find Mii to name a few things they can pull from

Of course, there's no denying that. However, unlike ROB or even WFT, they don't lend themselves to creative movesets. Much like all the "Wii - " series games, while nice they are incredibly bland. They have no identity, much like the Mii's themselves (ironically).

That and any original ideas that could be used for a Mii's moveset have already been taken by Wii Fit Trainer (sports attacks) and Villager (random items and NES references) except that they are a lot more unique and iconic about doing them.

See, maybe I'm a minority, but I think Pac-man should sound like a man and not a young boy.

Have a listen to his Pac Man World 3 voice (scroll down to the picture and click the play button). This I'm okay with because he sounds like man.

There's lots of stuff Miis can do
Tomodachi Life, Pilotwings, Sports, Nintendo Land, Find Mii to name a few things they can pull from

So basically (in order)
  • Everything Villager could do but randomer
  • Fly
  • Play the sportsballs
  • Rip off other Nintendo stars
  • Sword and shield and magic
Like, maybe in a sort of Taskmaster from MvC3 / Double thing kind of way it might be able to work, but Mii is still firmly on my don't want list.

I would not mind Reggie though.
He evne joked that his final smash would be the "My Body is Ready slam"

Smash doesn't need joke characters

We had one once

ONCE

No one truly recovered from the Pichu aftermath

Some people think they're an assist trophy but for Namco characters
What if this is actually smash bros vs namco and that's why they haven't given a real name yet?

If Bravoman appears in Smash in any regard (S. Flag summon, sticker, trophy) I'll cream my pants so hard they'd make Wilford Brimley spin in his grave

If Bravoman appears in Smash in any regard (S. Flag summon, sticker, trophy) I'll cream my pants so hard they'd make Wilford Brimley spin in his grave
he. . .h-...he .. . .died?
also that flag is totally an assist trophy, calling it

zlCfzRyl844qCZa-k2

"Pic of the day. Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!"

Seems like Greninja's intended to be a character for more expert players, like Ness.

zlCfzRyl9PYT7oJTJU

"The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up."

Well, I was wrong about it being Smokescreen. :P

Also, you can move while charging Shadow Sneak, very interesting.

Last edited:
Back