• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Yeah, but with the GF's horrible handling of the X Parasite all that technology and information would have been used against them and the galaxy faced complete annihilation. She destroyed a corrupted research base and destroyed a planet for the greater good. Somebody has to understand that, although I agree it would make for an interesting change of pace for the next Metroid game to have a fugitive Samus doing exploration and stuff.

I wonder how Nintendo could evolve the Metroid franchise. I wouldn't want to see the exploration and Metroidvania level design go, but I think Prime 3 proved that Samus doesn't have to operate solo all the time.

Edit: And going back to Prime Hunters, what if the GF hired people to go after her? That would be dope to have more hunters like Weavel and Sylux stalking you throughout the levels.

Here's another topic then. Since the reveals of Palutena, Pac-Man and the Miis plus all of the demo footage how would you guys rank all the newcomers now?

1. Rosalina and Luma (I really like the idea of a puppet character in smash, plus she's easily my favorite Mario series character.)

2. Mega Man (He's freaking Mega Man, enough said. The only reason he's not number one is because Classic isn't my favorite.)

3. Palutena (I thoroughly enjoyed her personality and trolling in KI:U's story. I hope her default moveset is decent since her trailer had only shown her custom moves)

4. Greninja (He's a constant reminder that I chose the wrong starter playing through Pokemon X. Delphox is just sad.)

5. Wii Fit Trainer (After seeing her moveset in motion, I actually really like this character now.)

6. Little Mac (I'm happy he's in, although his terrible aerial abilities would deter me from playing him)

7. Villager (This character really doesn't grab my attention but I'm happy for his/her fans at the least)

8. Pac Man (Even though I didn't want to see him in this roster, I have to admit Sakurai did a really good job with his moveset, animations and appearance)

9. Mii Fighters (I just have never given a single damn about Miis and seeing them find their way to Smash only made me roll my eyes at the fact that somebody is going to make a playable Hitler.)

Yeah, but with the GF's horrible handling of the X Parasite all that technology and information would have been used against them and the galaxy faced complete annihilation. She destroyed a corrupted research base and destroyed a planet for the greater good. Somebody has to understand that, although I agree it would make for an interesting change of pace for the next Metroid game to have a fugitive Samus doing exploration and stuff..
I can totally see the GF being all "well technically it's all your fault for getting infected with X in the first place WHICH WE SAVED YOU FROM, BY THE WAY"
Basically, as long as bureaucracy is involved, sammy is fucked and it would be interesting to explore that

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Actually, I really hope that there aren't any character reveals from now on until the 3DS release. Everybody will be so angry and indignant because of feelings of entitlement and a lack of information. Nintendo never confirms or denies Ridley or Chorus Men despite having teased them beforehand.

Then the game comes out and BAM.

There will be a newcomer revealed in August and veterans in July, August, September, and possibly one more during this month and one in October.

Anything beyond that is speculation.

ZeRo apparently said tonight's pic is supposed to be pretty hype.

K then.
zlCfzSCqgRoNzlmoU0

"Pic of the day. This is quite a line-up of characters for the gaming world. I mean, it's amazing enough that Mario can fight Pikachu. I hope you enjoy this truly unique celebration!!"

It's beautiful...

mr-t-crying.gif

Well I suppose it's pretty hype in one sense.

Hopefully Chibi Robo is revealed in October, that would be nice since my birthday is in October.

Hopefully Chibi Robo is revealed in October, that would be nice since my birthday is in October.
They have all of 3 days to announce any characters in october. I don't think we're getting much.

You realize by October we'd probably know everything because the game will have been leaked out early by some random store?

Also the Japan release date is in September, so we'll most likely know the full roster when a Japanese completionist posts it online the day after.

Guys you know what we need.

Inklings in Smash.

...I know it's probably too late to put them in the main game, but DLC maybe please

Guys you know what we need.

Inklings in Smash.

...I know it's probably too late to put them in the main game, but DLC maybe please

I don't think it's too late to put them in as a trophy (Melee had Future Release characters), but as something playable or interact, sadly, it is too late.

Yeah but that future release character was a straight-up clone

He means Future Release trophies, DDB, like how there were trophies of Animal Crossing and Cubivore in Melee before they came stateside.

Nah, it's cool, she can be a clone of like,
Samus or something.

neutral B- Ink Shot: Charge it up then shoot it, the more you charge the more INK you shoot.
side B- Ink Sniper: Fires a slow moving, homing INK projectile.
up B- Launch Octopus: Transforms into a squid and shoots upward while spinning, the last hit has her transform back and kick.
down B- Ink Bomb: Drops an INK bomb and transforms into a squid while doing so for no discernible reason.

There, I did it.

but

ink swimming on walls mechanics

that would be the entire reason to play as one

but

ink swimming on walls mechanics

that would be the entire reason to play as one

Yeah well, Ganondorf doesn't have a single projectile.
So suck it up.

And the fact that Roy was put in just to advertise a new FE.

i almost completely forgotten about playstation all stars until you mentioned that, tanner

i really hope gannondorf gets a moveset rehaul or just a couple new moves using his trident. they need to keep warlock punch though because that move is legendary

Also, guys, just a reminder, but if there are new unlockable characters no one expects, I really hope no one spoils them.
Wasn't someone gonna compile a list of how to unlock the characters without saying who exactly it unlocks?

Woah guys mario has his wario palette
WARIO DECONFIRMED
CHROM DECONFIRMED
MEWTWO DECONFIRMED AGAIN
PIKACHU DECONFIRMED

i almost completely forgotten about playstation all stars until you mentioned that, tanner

i really hope gannondorf gets a moveset rehaul or just a couple new moves using his trident. they need to keep warlock punch though because that move is legendary

Wait... Ganondorf has a trident?
images

Mario still had his Wario palette despite the fact Wario was playable in Brawl.
so.
no.
That's the joke.
For some reason there are some people that really just know for sure wario's not coming back.
Before it was just for no reason.
Now it's because mario has a wario palette.
Which is even funnier since in brawl he didn't even wear his overalls by default.

Luigi apparently had a Wario palette too.
You'd think he would have waluigi...

You'd think he would have waluigi...

These aren't all the palettes. They've confirmed this game has the most palettes for each character out of any Smash game, placing every character at somewhere around 9 colors. A Wario color for Luigi is kinda neat, still, and I can't see them removing the Waluigi color.

Besides, Waluigi is now playable, remember?
12286_waluigi.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
Also, guys, just a reminder, but if there are new unlockable characters no one expects, I really hope no one spoils them.
Wasn't someone gonna compile a list of how to unlock the characters without saying who exactly it unlocks?
Yeah, pretty sure it was me

Edit: Hey, also, do you think that the different Mii variations are going to be individually unlockable? Like how they unlocked in Mario Kart Wii, except for classes?

Much of the characteres in the robot chicken skit were in smash. I wanna say that will include Ganondorf and Wario too.

Yeah, pretty sure it was me

Edit: Hey, also, do you think that the different Mii variations are going to be individually unlockable? Like how they unlocked in Mario Kart Wii, except for classes?
You're gonna be doing God's work.
And I think it'll just be one Mii or they'll be in a separate part of the character select screen

Much of the characteres in the robot chicken skit were in smash. I wanna say that will include Ganondorf and Wario too.
There really was no way they wouldn't be, and I think they will be unchanged design wise from Brawl except maybe making overalls as Wario's main outfit.

You're gonna be doing God's work.
And I think it'll just be one Mii or they'll be in a separate part of the character select screen
I actually think there'll be three slots for them, and you just "assign" them costumes with moves. Maybe.
It'll be all in all strange deciding regular vs custom movesets.

Maybe the Mii will be assigned to the nickname? It would allow it to have a very practical use this time around.

Maybe the Mii will be assigned to the nickname? It would allow it to have a very practical use this time around.
I think that makes sense, considering controller config was saved with it last time. Same with custom movesets.

But I guess Amiibo would also work, but that's an optional and easier solution.

So will taller and fatter miis be strong and slow while shorter and skinnier ones are fast and weak a la mario kart 8?
Would be a nice addition.

So will taller and fatter miis be strong and slow while shorter and skinnier ones are fast and weak a la mario kart 8?
Would be a nice addition.

Can you imagine if both height and weight changed different things?
Like, a short, fat Mii would be fast but heavy, while a tall, skinny mii would be slow but light and floaty.
Woah.

Woah guys mario has his wario palette
WARIO DECONFIRMED
CHROM DECONFIRMED
MEWTWO DECONFIRMED AGAIN
PIKACHU DECONFIRMED
OK, that was pretty funny, but that's actually supposed to be the orange color Luigi had in Brawl.