• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Is this a bad time to bring up Other M?

Real talk

Been playing Other M lately (blah blah plug my let's play channel blah blah) and it's honestly a decent game.

Story wise? Screw it. It's terrible.
Gameplay wise? Aside from the occasional awkward pixel hunt and first person stuff, it's not bad at all. I kinda enjoy it. The linearity doesn't bother me as it does some people.

It's funny. Skyward Sword's story is what kept me from putting it down (cause I hated the gameplay sans awesome bosses) but it's the other way around here. I can forgive the stupid story for fun gameplay.

Reactions: Lavama and Covenant
Speaking of Skyward Sword, if Ghirahim is in and he gets a trailer, I hope it also shows Ganondorf.

I'm actually hoping for some kind of special villains trailer.
Like start off with Bowser and Dedede, use it to unviel Ganondorf, Wario, Wolf, and a newcomer like Girahim.

Or Ridley.

Ghirahim would be awesome, but at this point I don't think Zelda's getting a newcomer. Cause I mean, they technically one-upped their character representation size by making Shiek separate.

Speaking of which, check out this dope ass wallpaper
kponWGg.jpg

Reactions: Hemijack
i don't really want Ghirahim but a new, non-metroidian villain would be appreciated
maybe someone a little more
Hades

i don't really want Ghirahim but a new, non-metroidian villain would be appreciated
maybe someone a little more
Hades

Brah,
you can't just relegate Metroid to 2 reps and give KI a third like that.

Despite being first appearances, the wallpaper includes the Mecha Dragon part from MM2

Wallpaper ruined

It also has Super Mario Bros. instead of Donkey Kong, Super Princess Peach instead of Mario 2, and Dedede in Super Star Ultra instead of Kirby's Adventure.

It's notable roles and iconography moreso than first outings.

Brah,
you can't just relegate Metroid to 2 reps and give KI a third like that.
Metroid is more about Samus, and no one else.
Which is why it's taken so long to get a newcomer aside from Samus.

Kid Icarus Uprising isn't all about Pit, so newcomers from his series makes sense

It's entirely possible that my mind, for whatever reason, connects Ruin to DDB, and some of my hatred for that man spills over onto Ruin.
Well NOW I'm just hurt.

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek
"Are you fighting?"

31719814233.jpg

@TheMightyBox calm down, eat a snickers.
You get a little fighty when you're hungry.
Better?

Well NOW I'm just hurt.

Hurry and showcase another trailer or something Sakurai, or even just a veteran. I can't take much more of this nonsense.

You're gonna have to deal with it. The trailer stream might slow down from this point onward.

Metroid is more about Samus, and no one else.
Which is why it's taken so long to get a newcomer aside from Samus.

Kid Icarus Uprising isn't all about Pit, so newcomers from his series makes sense

And who is more important to Samus than the giant space dragon who killed her parents and motivated her to join the Galactic Federation and subsequently become a bounty hunter.
#OldBird4Smash

In slightly less angry news, I found this video

Relevant.

Reactions: Jutsei
did they ever give a release date for the new PM or somethin? its nice that the current version lasted a year

And they are working on their own characters too. So that kind of adds to dev time for sure.

Project M announced a new alternate costume: Shinobi Squirtle

4w35HYW.png

gJGBy0k.png

yMINDOx.jpg

rLmZyqP.png

VELumeg.jpg

2yWOmXT.png

Such an awesome alternate costume, might be my favorite one yet.

Y'know, I just got home from the bookstore, I had just bought the TMNT Ultimate Visual History and here I find Project M did this to Squirtle. Life bewilders me sometimes.

zlCfzSO9O5Uqb99V2c

"Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower."

Oh no. Oh no! OH NO! OH NOOOO! THE VILLAGERS ARE TEAMING UP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemijack
Sounds like a gimmicky Beetle.

Come on Sakurai, you were 2 for 2 with good PoTD's.

You're gonna have to deal with it. The trailer stream might slow down from this point onward.

The fact that we had a July newcomer suggests that trailers will speed up from this point onward. From one every 2 months to one every month.

Project M announced a new alternate costume: Shinobi Squirtle

4w35HYW.png

gJGBy0k.png

yMINDOx.jpg

rLmZyqP.png

VELumeg.jpg

2yWOmXT.png

Such an awesome alternate costume, might be my favorite one yet.

What. Why? This is the only acceptable Squirtle alt:

images

Reactions: musica
He already has the glasses as a taunt.

He already has the glasses as a taunt.

I know. He doesn't have the jacket though.

I-I like it, it's cute.

Instant kill items are the worst. I mean, ones that you just throw and they kill them, I hope there is more to them, similar to the home run bat because these some like auto switch off items, no matter what company I'm in.

zlCfzSO9O5Uqb99V2c

"Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower."

Oh no. Oh no! OH NO! OH NOOOO! THE VILLAGERS ARE TEAMING UP!
Rare footage of Villagers worshipping the death gods.

Villagers: "Hail to the death gods! Please, accept our humble sacrifice!"

Beetle has been confirmed you can mash out of it though, as seen in the Comicon demos. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same here.

edit: Sakurai confirmed friendzone way back in Melee days
tumblr_n8w6lui2nq1r206k2o1_1280.jpg

also
0a4.jpg

Last edited:
The jacket is pretty boring though compared to him wearing a cute ninja outfit with PokéBall knee pads.

I don't like stuff that has no relevance to the series. I'd rather nothing than something made up.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
I don't like stuff that has no relevance to the series. I'd rather nothing than something made up.
Gotta agree with this. Even Lucario's alt was kinda stretching it. It feels like an alt for an alts sake.

Like, I like the Doctor Mario alt. I like the Ocarina Ganon alt. I even can kinda get behind Classic Pit. But... eh.