• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So with the recent (and by recent I mean two hours ago) reveal of ol' Meta Knight, I did some tinkering with the SSB roster maker and came up with this:

oXKSXdH.png

I honestly believe this will be the end-all-be-all roster for the game. A solid 45. Here's what I took into account:

1. If you take a look at the official website's character bar below a character's page, there's five different sets containing 9 different characters. Waaaaay to the right we have Pit all alone, with eight blank pages. I think having five pages of characters all filled in is nice and tighty. So naturally I just filled those eight spaces in.
  2. You may be wondering why there's just a random newcomer slot there, well, I think there's a large chance that there's just one last newcomer to be announced. When it was revealed that Robin was going to be shown off on the 14th of July, Sakurai said 'looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made...' which suggests that we have at the very least one more newcomer.
  3. I picked yet-to-be-revealed vets that people care about the most, and have the best chances of coming back. As much as I adore R.O.B., his chances are slim. The same goes for Wolf and Lucas.
  4. I did not take the possibility of DLC into account at all.

Note that he said the last of the newcomer VIDEOS.
Perhaps unlockable newcomers won't have videos.

tumblr_na8kzrdm5V1sntotwo1_1280.jpg

Looks like the Pokemon League stage now has some actual Pokemon in the background.

EDIT: BTW, all we need are Ness, Mr. Game & Watch and Wario and everyone from that whiteboard image will have been confirmed playable.

EDIT2: HOLY POOP ON A STICK!
630x.jpg

630x.jpg

Now I wish I waited to get a 3DSXL if it meant getting one of these.

Last edited:
HOLY POOP ON A STICK!
630x.jpg

630x.jpg

Now I wish I waited to get a 3DSXL if it meant getting one of these.
Well well well, hello there, smash bundle! Looks like I'm getting a 3DS now after all, time to finally play Fire Emblem Awakening, Link Between Worlds, and whatever else is on the 3DS....

HE HAS RISEN.
Was there really ever any doubt he'd come back?
Already there's some salt from my buddies and a few other places, but I'm hyped for his return.
And that's another White Board character down, Pretty sure the rest of them are all but assured at this point.

Also that Smash 3DS is awesome.

Smash 3DS is Europe only, for now though.

Here's hoping it's brought over.

Good reveal. Nothing too new (woulda liked a new Kirby stage on Wii U or 3DS with him) but his new Up Special should help him be a bit better.

"We know that Meta Knight was incredibly powerful in Brawl, so we took away his gliding mechanic and made him easier to launch.
On a side note, he has a new mechanic, after using his Final Smash or taking too much damage, Meta Knight will lose his mask and become even faster and stronger as a result, making the nerfs that we gave him entirely pointless."

"We know that Meta Knight was incredibly powerful in Brawl, so we took away his gliding mechanic and made him easier to launch.
On a side note, he has a new mechanic, after using his Final Smash or taking too much damage, Meta Knight will lose his mask and become even faster and stronger as a result, making the nerfs that we gave him entirely pointless. Combined with Level 2 X-Factor, Wesker Knight makes a formidable foe."

fixed

Someone on Smashboards pointed out the sheer fact we have those plug-in Gamecube controllers that come out in mid-November might be a sign we're due for SSB 4 Wii U then.
But then again, who knows?
Amiibos are also due out in November...

So can anyone safely assume that Charizard probably won't glide along with Pit and Meta Knight? The Glide mechanic seems to have been removed entirely.

So someone won a thing from Gamescom's Smash mini-tourney, and uhh, take a look at Pac Man

9VgH0Fk.jpg

Either they fucked up, or Ghostly Adventure alt confirmed.

So can anyone safely assume that Charizard probably won't glide along with Pit and Meta Knight? The Glide mechanic seems to have been removed entirely.

I think it's been confirmed gone for him too, somewhere.

I don't just mean for specific characters, I mean the entirety of the game absence. Like mechanic withdrawn.

well considering that it got removed from the characters that were used for showing it in the first place

Pretty sure Gliding and Swimming's gone.
I'm not sure about swimming... Even though I haven't specifically looked for evidence of it so I haven't been paying much attention, but I remember seeing a picture of a character that looks like they're doing the drowning animation in the water on Tortimer Island next to a shark... Not sure though.

Why do you think swimming's gone? We haven't seen anyone end up in any water yet. I think.

Demos on Tortimer Island had people simply fall through the water like it wasn't there.

Could be too early for swimming, could be out. Either way, I'm fine with or without it. I see the pros and cons.

Demos on Tortimer Island had people simply fall through the water like it wasn't there.

Could be too early for swimming, could be out. Either way, I'm fine with or without it. I see the pros and cons.
Ah! Yes!

And I remember a sequence of video where Jungle Japes' river torrent below acted like it did in melee with a Fox player that fell beneath the surface. Interesting.

The fuck is a 'gewinner.'

It's a person who oly ejoys the first Ge of Pokemo and hates aything ew because it's ot ostalgic for them and also has o " " o their keyboard

but there's two Ns in 'winner'

That's a Double "N". It's a German letter that's entirely different than "N" and is pronounced as "Dr. Gerald"

On the "Gewinner" paper, that Pac-Man art is actually straight from Pac-Man Party, so either they didn't have Pac's Smash art ready to use yet or, less likely, that was made before Pac got confirmed and they just got lucky that he did (you'll notice the next newest revealed character after Pac-Man is Diddy.).

A person who refuses to move on from the past and accept additions to a beloved franchise

There are also words for people who believe the new entry in a franchise will always be the best for no reason other than because it's new.

It's a person who oly ejoys the first Ge of Pokemo and hates aything ew because it's ot ostalgic for them and also has o " " o their keyboard

That's a gen wunner. Which is a stupid term which is primarily used by people who can't understand that liking older things doesn't always equate to being blinded by nostalgia.

Back