• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

What. That's amazing. Not like, impressive amazing, but endless-beta-Eliza amazing. I think she's gonna be really good.

She's on the top of a lot of early tier lists.

She and Villager are not joke characters. Quirky, yes, but jokes they are not.

I had a feeling she would, and I'm happy about that. Like a lot of people I was severely pissed with her inclusion at last year's E3, but she's warmed up to me so much.

I never disliked her. From the first moment I was like "Oh, Sakurai" and actually had to damage control my friends who were like "FUCK THIS SHIT, SMASH IS DEAD".

In fact no character inclusion angers me. Smash 4 has a great roster! Even Pac Man and Mii, who I was both VERY against being in to begin with, are looking amazing in action.

"FUCK THIS SHIT, SMASH IS DEAD".

This was me a year ago.

I thought 'oh, well, I guess this automatically means this game's roster won't be as good as Brawl's.' Now I'm in a completely different boat. Bring on our lord and saviors the Wii Fit Top Tier Trainers.

I don't completely hate anyone at this point
I mostly just side-eye at Lucina but at the very least I can shout "I SAY WHEN IT ENDS" then just quit the fight

The third hit of her neutral combo actually grounds opponents like they hit a pitfall.
cAwhPMe.jpg

That's her number one thing for combos and such. It's really good.
Remember that there's two other hits in that combo, and in order for a pitfall to ground someone, they must be touching the ground while also not shielding. The first two hits at higher percentages would knock people into the air even slightly and cause that third hit to not be useful.

As for those wondering the percentage of the Sun Salutation charge shot. It's about 25% after the deep breathing buff at full charge and has slighlty less knockback than Samus charge shot.

And the rumor train keeps on chuggin'...

Sticky-note version:
- Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle get cut
- Ness, Jigglypuff, G-dubs, Ganon, Falco, ROB, Ness and Dr. Mario(!) return
- Bowser Jr., Shulk, Dark Pit and the Duck Hunt Animals (both the dog AND duck as one character) are newcomers

v5kcy4j.png
B2BOrgt.png

Thoughts:
-Assuming this was real, my only real upsets would be Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers getting cut, and no Andy. Shulk is always a good choice and Duck Hunt Animals would be just the kind of retro newcomer<newcomers? whatever> we should get. Dark Pit as a clone wouldn't even be that bad so long as his and Pit's colors don't get to confusingly similar.
-I also just noticed that the pic of Bowser Jr. implies that he would use the Koopa Clown Car. See, THAT'S what I want from a Bowser Jr. moveset! He wouldn't be just a Bowser clone, and while i'm OK with him using the paintbrush, it wouldn't be his whole schtick. He could use the Clown Car and toss bombs, spread some paint to trip people up, and generally be the annoying sabotage character.
-Gotta say though, if that is in fact fake, it's such a shame that those awesome renders of the Duck Hunt Animals, Dark Pit and Shulk got wasted on this.

The only sketchy thing I see here is Falco's render. It looks a little shitty. Other than that, I am damn impressed. Loving Ness's render too.

There's also no Miis, so that probably kills it right there. Kinda figured it was fake, but I needed to double check, heh.

The sad part is, I would take this as the final roster in a heartbeat, if not for cutting Lucas, ICs or Wolf and not having Andy.

G&W's hand is clipping into Wario's slot. Almost as if he's caressing his cheek.

c26dhY8.png

Edit: AND THAT MAKES 7 MARIO REPS. WHAT THE HELL.

The good thing is all we need is a single other character render or stage to deconfirm/confirm this.

Oh boi tho

The fallout that would come from no Ice Climbers but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit clones.

I think that's just the black t-shirt Wario wears and not G-Dubs' hand.

Anyway, the fact that this was done so recently and quickly that it even has Meta Knight's Smash 4 render in it almost makes me think either there's a chance of it actually being real or whoever faked it is a professional at doing this kind of thing.

1eb22bf053.png

Thanks for the clarification. More things to this leak's credit:

If you add in the DLC, that completely fills in the character select AND this thing on the official site with 6 pages:

8IAAu16.png

Plus, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario being characters just seems like a Sakurai thing to do.

Also, it would make sense for something this huge to leak, because we're so close to launch.

Honestly, if the DLC and pic parts are true, I'm happy with the "full" roster.
If the picture is true and the DLC isn't, I'll be a bit disapointed.

The stages are a bit disappointing. I'd like new stages for characters too, not just retro ones back. I think that's Magicant for Mother, though. Interesting.

I hope this leak is fake, the way stage and character select is arranged is just an eyesore. Plus cutting the Ice Climbers doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do.

Is anyone even giving this a shred of credibility?

For starters, there are a mess of characters not grouped with their respective series. A lot of the images used are also just off, specifically the ones used for Ganon and Wario.

Yeah, Wario's render looks bad, and on top of that, the Game & Watch one is clipping into it.
It's a good fake, but a fake.

Also, as Smash Boards pointed out ""There are levels on player characters. The fonts for the levels don't match up with actual level number fonts shown in the demo.""

There's also a gif comparing the picture and a picture from E3
7r7sUvE.gif

So yeah, fake.

There's also the fact that it calls him "Bowser" instead of "Koopa", assuming this is supposed to be the JP version.

Yep, fake as fuck.
Flushed down the toilet, thankfully.
Put at least some effort into it, gotta credit the guy for that.

Also one more nail in the coffin
How would he know what DLc's coming?

Another day, another fake leak.

In all honesty though, I would be cool, even a bit hype for Duck Hunt Dog & Duck. With all the crazy movesets for newcomers in Smash 4, I imagine Sakurai would've filled their moveset with loads of references to other hit 1st party NES games. I know the series has Game&Watch as its "collective old games rep", but am I the only one who would want a character that is just a full on homage and nostalgia blast full of NES stuff?

This is way too convincing to be fake, I've seen a lot of people who argue against it, and most of them are flawed, things like UI change in development, and if you hadn't noticed Sakurai's menu design is a mess in the confirmed pictures. If you guys would even like to entertain the fact that the E3 build of all things was an older version then perhaps you wouldn't be filled with such doubt.

Edit: This is X and Y all over again.

That gif showing the comparison is pretty much the exact same.
That's a huge nail in the coffin.
Plus, again, if it's the Japanese Release, it should be "Koopa", not Bowser.

That gif showing the comparison is pretty much the exact same.
That's a huge nail in the coffin.
Plus, again, if it's the Japanese Release, it should be "Koopa", not Bowser.
You mean the image that was put on the E3 3DS? If that's what you meant you must be confused, as the leak doesn't actually show a 3DS. Anyways, this leak is from a supposed alleged Nintendo of America employee, do with that info as you wish.

Back