• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

There seems to be some more pictures from that infamous leaker, some of them have been already posted, the rest seem new. Just make sure to spoiler anything important regarding the pictures. However if you don't want anything else spoiled for you don't click on the link.
AV0S6Oo.gif

Seriously dude we talked about this two days ago when it was first posted

Have the Pikachu cosplays be alts in smash. Or better yet, have Pichu and Raichu alts for Pikachu. There is so much potential for alt costumes that will probably go untapped. Like how Luigi probably still doesn't have a Mr. L alt.

Why? It looks awful.
I somewhat agree, but the previous one wasn't so great either.

So here's the game's Nintendogs song.....and I actually like it. Smash composers are wizards, I tell you.

zlCfzSXuNponAf4Ei8

"Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges on the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit tricker."

Someone hold me. This ain't Ness. I'm gonna cry.

W-We posted it at the same time, I deleted mine in shame.

Wow, is the bottom screen from that pic the same as one of the leaked pics? Did the leaker have access to the PotD archive? I wonder if we'll get any more pics straight from the leak in that case.

Wow, is the bottom screen from that pic the same as one of the leaked pics? Did the leaker have access to the PotD archive? I wonder if we'll get any more pics straight from the leak in that case.
29mjLMn.jpg

Reactions: DDB and Hemijack
Weird that they made Xerneas' Poke Ball summon unlock from Target Blast (or that a Poke Ball summon is unlockable at all, considering they did that for ATs but not Poke Balls), but whatever.

No Ness.... now I'm just a mess.

Get more and more excited for this game as it comes out! :)

I hope Ness doesn't suck like he does in every version he is in. :(

I also hope Sheik is good :)

L I T T L E M A C

Hold up, 35 pages of 35 Challenges each? Assuming that each page has all slots covered (probably not, though), that would be 1225 Challenges, WAY more than Brawl.

As for music, we've now got Green Greens Ver. 2 and Try, Try Again from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

29mjLMn.jpg

Ah, thanks. I noticed both were 4/35 so I just guessed without checking.

Hold up, 35 pages of 35 Challenges each? Assuming that each page has all slots covered (probably not, though), that would be 1225 Challenges, WAY more than Brawl.

I think it's 35 total challenges, not 35 pages of challenges.

Get more and more excited for this game as it comes out! :)

I hope Ness doesn't suck like he does in every version he is in. :(

I also hope Sheik is good :)

L I T T L E M A C
Funny, I thought Ness was actually half-way decent in Brawl. Can't speak for Project M, sorta no network. Melee, uh, I can't glitch so I have like no cred in that, and Smash 64 is Smash 64.

I'd totally be fine with Samus and Ness being really good, though.

Sheik is going to be good. She seems even stupider than she has ever looked before. The grenade drags in for guaranteed combos... if you know what Sheik's fTilt and dash attack are like, this is madness... Also, her one weakness has typically been recovery, the floppy fish thing.... yeah she has better recovery now.

I'd like Samus to be good too, but I don't think she will ever be Melee good in a Nintendo made Smash again.

Ness is good in P:M but he's not close to the top tiers. He relies mostly on mixup (or guaranteed followups on bad players) off PK fire spam because the rest of his moveset is mostly inferior to Lucas'

I had a feeling it wasn't going to be Ness. I'm at least glad it confirms that Challenges work a little like KI:U, but instead of unlocking a picture the more stuff you do, you get a picture and a reward for each thing, radical.

Though of course everyone on Smash Boards is whining and pissing and assuming that Sakurai is showing off diffferent POTDs as Punishment for the Leaker.
Which is stupid.

Sheik is going to be good. She seems even stupider than she has ever looked before. The grenade drags in for guaranteed combos... if you know what Sheik's fTilt and dash attack are like, this is madness... Also, her one weakness has typically been recovery, the floppy fish thing.... yeah she has better recovery now.

I'd like Samus to be good too, but I don't think she will ever be Melee good in a Nintendo made Smash again.

Ness is good in P:M but he's not close to the top tiers. He relies mostly on mixup (or guaranteed followups on bad players) off PK fire spam because the rest of his moveset is mostly inferior to Lucas'
I think with Samus it depends on the player and not a glitch. I've heard if you rate Samus without the glitch (Wavedash) she's actually pretty eh, but with the Glitch she's good.

I think with Samus it depends on the player and not a glitch. I've heard if you rate Samus without the glitch (Wavedash) she's actually pretty eh, but with the Glitch she's good.
...wha?

Can't quite understand you haha.

Samus' wavedash is indeed good. She thrives off wavedash in jab/ftilt and wavedash back dtilt/dsmash.

That's not all she has though, she has a lot of tricks with her missiles, due to the fact the animation completely cancels when she hits the ground and only has 4 frames of recovery. Especially on platform stages you can flood the screen with projectiles AND run in after them for some offense.

I think he's talking about the super wavedash. The one that allows her to go from corner to corner on practically every stage

Super Wavedash is borderline impractical in melee. There ARE examples of it being used but its super rare and it doesn't do much for you unless you have a very specific plan for it (On top of taking 2/3 of a second to set up at all).

P:M is a different story because it is much, much easier to execute.

Reactions: Hemijack
Oh I had figured wave dashing in general was a glitch.

Nah, exploit. Totally different.

Technically speaking, <adjusts giant nerd glasses> wave dashing is a physics exploit, in which one is using the momentum from the air dodge and converting it into forward or backward movement.

Reactions: Eben and Rellek
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be Ness. I'm at least glad it confirms that Challenges work a little like KI:U, but instead of unlocking a picture the more stuff you do, you get a picture and a reward for each thing, radical.

Though of course everyone on Smash Boards is whining and pissing and assuming that Sakurai is showing off diffferent POTDs as Punishment for the Leaker.
Which is stupid.

People are dumb. It's obvious he's ignoring the leak and continuing to just upload according to schedule. The last 2 days of PotD's would have been new stuff if it hadn't been leaked.

I am so glad we are getting Dr. Mario back in Smash. Brawl made regular Mario garbage and took away his tatsu and replaced it,with godamn fludd. Fludd as an attack is awful and it's one of,the many reasons people don't like brawl Mario.

Reactions: Rellek
I don't really use the tornado in Melee, but I agree that its utility is STILL superior to Mario's FLUDD.

And my body is ready for those other 2 menu based PotD this week. Calling it.

I think the customizability of FLUDD into Scalding FLUDD could give it some use. I mean, doing damage plus knockback would be pretty awesome. We'll have to see though.

My big problem with Doc is that he makes Mario redundant. It's like having "Ryu" and "Ryu after eating a healthy meal and bulking up". No one would pick the lesser one.

So I come back here after a few days and then

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm just sitting here wondering what the next two updates will be and if they're more menus.

"Because of the recent information leak we are removing all characters and gameplay from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, or as it has since been retitled, Menu Simulator for 3DS. I hope you all have fun scrolling through endless menus when you could have been playing a fun crossover platform fighter."

"Because of the recent information leak we are removing all characters and gameplay from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, or as it has since been retitled, Menu Simulator for 3DS. I hope you all have fun scrolling through endless menus when you could have been playing a fun crossover platform fighter."
Still more tourney viable than Brawl :PUN:

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs