• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Wait, wasn't Roy found in the data in Brawl? Does that count as being in the game and then being removed?

(Can't wait until someone hacks SSB4 just so they can get Ice Climbers on Wii U)

Roy in Brawl's data extends to basically just his name being seen with the characters, nothing more. Hence, "Actually in Brawl."
He just had his name in the data. Saying he is in Brawl because of that is akin to saying Snake and Proto-Man are in Smash 4.

Everybody chill out and be happy with the characters you got. DLC is possible and Mewtwo's on his way. I thought you guys were bonkers over Mewtwo, wtf is going on?

Everybody chill out and be happy with the characters you got. DLC is possible and Mewtwo's on his way. I thought you guys were bonkers over Mewtwo, wtf is going on?

I am happy for Mewtwo. In fact, I am VERY happy for Mewtwo, and am probably going to play the absolute shit out of him when he comes out.
He just wasn't my preferred bad Melee character to return as DLC; keep in mind, though that 'not preferred' is not the same thing as 'not happy with'.

I am happy for Mewtwo. In fact, I am VERY happy for Mewtwo, and am probably going to play the absolute shit out of him when he comes out.
He just wasn't my preferred bad Melee character to return as DLC; keep in mind, though that 'not preferred' is not the same thing as 'not happy with'.
Well we have pages upon pages of you guys being rather unhappy about things missing. Just saiyin.

It's whatever, but it kind of clogs up the thread with unnecessary negativity.

Well we have pages upon pages of you guys being rather unhappy about things missing. Just saiyin.

It's whatever, but it kind of clogs up the thread with unnecessary negativity.

It's not that I'm unhappy, it's just that I don't really feel the need to talk about Mewtwo that much.
I didn't play him in Melee, so I can't talk about how cool it is to have my main back.
And I just don't see the point in talking about him more.
Like, yeah, he's in and that's sweet, but I just don't feel the need to comment like that.
If I'm taking the wind out of anyone's sails here, I'm sorry, that's not my intention. I'm just not super amped up about it; if you are, than more power to you, keep being happy, It is still cool that he's in again.
I'm just excited that maybe this DLC reveal means the floodgates being opened for more characters, maybe ones I have a bit more attachment towards. But Mewtwo is still awesome, and sorry if it came off as me saying otherwise.

jutsei's just being a poopy diaper baby over a video game on the internet
leave him to his poop and soon reality will come and make him change it

I want female voice Mewtwo from the Genesect movie just to screw with the GenWun Nostalgia People.

The salt will kill the world's snail population
only Escargoon will survive. Rock on you crazy bastard you
Escargoon.png

If you're THAT salty about Mewtwo, the floodgates have opened for more DLC opportunities at least. Calm down and just get excited for once.

when's inkling

But seriously, why the fuck does this series refuse to let me keep a main between games?

Your mains were a clone and a 3rd party character. You knew the risk when you chose them as mains and shouldn't be complaining.

Is the truth that Jutsei's an asswipe?
Because that's something I've realized.
jutsei's just being a poopy diaper baby over a video game on the internet
leave him to his poop and soon reality will come and make him change it

Let's keep these types of comments out of the thread.

Really, the only 100% "no one can argue against it" losses from Brawl to 3D/U are Snake and Ice Climbers since removing them took away the only representation either Metal Gear or Ice Climber had in the roster. It's one thing for Snake to be gone since that's a legal thing with Konami and can't be helped (HMM HOW FAMILIAR-SOUNDING =P), but for even the Ice Climber series icon to be taken out WHEN TROPHIES HAVE SERIES ICONS NOW EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE ICE CLIMBER TROPHIES INCLUDING THE ICE CLIMBERS THEMSELVES is just wrong.

I don't even particularly care for the ICs as characters (I get desynced often leading to to many KOs just because Nana was JUST far enough for Belay to fail), but I can definitely tell there could've been better treatment for them (maybe bring one of their stages back, I dunno)

Your mains were a clone and a 3rd party character. You knew the risk when you chose them as mains and shouldn't be complaining

Bet if I mained Falco and Sonic I would have been fine...
*grumble*
*baby pout*

Pick your mains wisely.

Ness ain't going anywhere.
ROB, who the hell knows.
Robin might be replaced with some new hip FE character.

I could make a bracket for it, but we would need a definite ruleset and a complete headcount of all the people willing to play with that ruleset.
If we had that, then we would be golden.

Back