• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

My mom and dad are mad at me right now, and I'm missing out on a tournament today. I was so looking forward to it, and if I miss it I'll have to wait another two weeks to attend.

Sitting here, this is soooo not fun...

comic396_zpsm0mqqldf.png

So-uhh, here's some Rayman gameplay <for real, this time>

Looks pretty low tier to me

Hey guys, did you know that now in addition to items and projectiles, the Villager can now steal other characters as well?

Getting flashbacks to the Guile handcuffs glitch.

So hey,
remember that Rayman leak?
The one where the "leaker" actually drew the Rayman image from scratch? And in actuality it was a publicity stunt for a series where he'd make equal-quality images for other characters that could have but didn't make it into Smash Bros.
Yeah, the next episode is out.

Reactions: juju_for_president
There's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

...On April Fool's Day.

um

Do the Japanese even have a concept of April Fool's Day? I think that's mainly a Euro-American traidition, dunno if it extends to Japan.

Either way, reportedly Nintendo accidentally released the direct for a split second yesterday on their YouTube channel. I've been avoiding spoilers but the one thing I've heard is
Mewtwo will be arriving on April 9th.

But, who can say. It's a confusing situation.

Reactions: Rellek
Do the Japanese even have a concept of April Fool's Day? I think that's mainly a Euro-American traidition, dunno if it extends to Japan.

Either way, reportedly Nintendo accidentally released the direct for a split second yesterday on their YouTube channel. I've been avoiding spoilers but the one thing I've heard is
Mewtwo will be arriving on April 9th.

But, who can say. It's a confusing situation.
About time! Been waiting for a damn release date.

April Fools has history in medieval Europe but due to globalization these days, everyone's getting in on it. Simply, the Japanese know what it is, they just aren't very good at it.

Lucas confirmed for June as a dlc character!

Inkling.

Inkling Inkling Inkling Inkling Inkling Inkling Inkling Inkling

also wonder red is cool too i guess

Pls do, Snake was my best character in competitive play, back at 64 and Melee it was C. Falcon but Brawl ruined him, so i had to learn different chars (i still can't believe i forced myself to learn to use Meta Knight just so i could advance in tourneys), good thing SSB4 brought back a little of C. Falcon's former glory.

I'm honestly torn, I'm gonna uphold my honor and only vote ONCE...
...Maybe twice but I'm not sure there's IP tracking on this.
Who do I unabashedly want, enough to vote for just once?
Ghirahim? Inkling? Solid Snake? Wonder Red? Skull Kid?
You are literally asking me to pick one fucking gourmet meal from an all you can eat buffet.

I will laugh if Daisy starts getting submissions and they make this a thing.

Where do I put in my vote?

Also Heck yeah, Welcome back Lucas, my old main!

I was honestly going to suggest the girl from Pon Pon (The game where the Lip's Stick originated, it got turned into the Yoshi Tetris attack) as a status centric character.

"One's thing's for certain, Sakurai. Our quest for being included in Smash Bros will last far longer than the release date!"

Untitled.png

Guys, remember, be courteous and don't fuck this up, try to at least send one ballet per IP so Nintendo can do this again in the future.
Don't rig the vote or anything.

Voting for Wonder Red at my school's library
Voting for Bayonetta at my house

Gonna ask for Megaman X, easily the strongest, best megaman out of all (this is coming from someone who has played all the megaman franchise games, so i know what the fuck i'm talking about)

Vote Ice Climbers or you vote wrong.

Fuck the Ice Climbers, i still have nightmares of them being so damn good in Melee.

Voting Ice Climbers from on top of my local Ice Mountain

Reactions: DDB
I also have not accounted the possibility of Simon Belmont, fuck.
Though I dunno, I don't wanna ask for a third party character since that might mean wrangling rights and shit.

Plus we shouldn't give Konami a chance at more money.