• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

goddesses have no use for mortal concepts such as undergarments

Oh boy. New Palutena thing found that's... interesting.

q1twzir.png

Is she... actually going commando?

1. What are you, twelve?
I'mmana look up Peach's dress, how sexy.

2. I don't even know if the ancient Greeks had underwear.
According to wikipedia, men wore underwear. Women, eh, we're not sure.
They were a very liberal people after all.

i'm pretty sure tanner is at least like 14
get it right gosh

2. I don't even know if the ancient Greeks had underwear.
According to wikipedia, men wore underwear. Women, eh, we're not sure.
They were a very liberal people after all.
Well first of all something tells me sakurai wasn't looking into historical accuracy for the green haired greek goddess that shoots lasers and leads an army of catholic looking angels.
But otherwise I'm pretty sure women wore underwear in ancient Greece considering it sounds wildly impractical for them to just not make undergarments for women. I mean, they need their underwear more anyway.
What I don't understand is why a picture of palutena raising her leg up is conclusive evidence that she wears no panties. It's a fucking nintendo game, pretty sure there's gonna be something there if you actually got a good shot with the in-game camera. In fact I'd bet on something besides panties being there since peach only gets away with it by having a long dress on, they don't want actual panty shots in-game. This isn't Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

screen-2.jpg

check out that bare hip action (rocking a solid half chub aaaaw yeeeeah)

Well first of all something tells me sakurai wasn't looking into historical accuracy for the green haired greek goddess that shoots lasers and leads an army of catholic looking angels.
But otherwise I'm pretty sure women wore underwear in ancient Greece considering it sounds wildly impractical for them to just not make undergarments for women. I mean, they need their underwear more anyway.

From my understanding, the ancient Greeks didn't wear a whole lot in general. Wikipedia says the undergarments for men were pretty much just loincloths.
But then again I doubt Sakurai took any of this into account so I'm just going wildly off-topic.
But I mean it's better than discussing whether or not playable characters are wearing underwear by observing upskirt shots.

You fucking sickos.

hey I posted bare hip and let me explain u a thing there is a difference

hey I posted bare hip and let me explain u a thing there is a difference

The fact that you need to distinguish makes this worse.

"and if you can pull a 1080 and a final smash at the same time at the stroke of midnight, Palutena will show you her butt."

from the words of Sakurai himself

it's not an upskirt if you aren't looking up the skirt (which she isn't even wearing)
I am in the moral correctitude here, obviously

Pic of the day. Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color.

Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet.

zlCfzSJKETs7hQ0D8j

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
So the stage can give you stat boosts depending on what alt color you're using? Neat.

All I'm gonna say is I hope there are a fair few more stages that aren't completely centered around hazards or gimmicks on the 3DS release. There's definitely room for both.

That aside, uhhhh....the Dark Emperor didn't do anything that changed depending on what color your heroes/Mii were. He used level-down gas on everyone and attacked like a normal enemy. Not really sure what Sakurai's talking about.

Wow, that just sounds...ehhhh...

Like, it goes beyond Casual vs. Hardcore or Party game vs. Tourney viable and into "Do we seriously have to add 'what color am I using for my character' into character select consideration when we pick that stage?"

All I'm gonna say is I hope there are a fair few more stages that aren't completely centered around hazards or gimmicks on the 3DS release. There's definitely room for both.

That aside, uhhhh....the Dark Emperor didn't do anything that changed depending on what color your heroes/Mii were. He used level-down gas on everyone and attacked like a normal enemy. Not really sure what Sakurai's talking about.
Mistranslation. It was the caged Mii the Dark Emperor held prisoner who did that.

There is zero chance anyone is going to play the 3DS version competitively, so I say throw in all the gimmicks they want!

Like idk many. As long as final destination and battlefield are playable...and items can be turned off I think people will try to pick up the game as early as they can. That couple months from a competitive standpoint is huge. Even if the wii u version diverges from the 3ds version some things will inevitably be the same and knowledge is power. Power is pot money and women.

BsHKn6gCIAMe8ac.jpg:large

It looks like the Mega Man 2 3D edition from the 3DS tech demo way back.

Neato.

Though it'd be cool if it transitions from 2D Sprites to 3D models in this, similar to how the Kirby one worked.

Reactions: Hemijack
I actually dig the Mii Force helmet. Might put that on my Gunner. I hope other Mii Plaza games get references like that. I'd like to see some of Monster Manor's enemies show up in Smash Run.

I'd like to see some of Monster Manor's enemies show up in Smash Run.

A Find Mii ghost appears as an enemy, it's really not out of the question.

The big question is how you get the Mii Force Helmet. Is it a random drop from just playing, or will our Mii Plaza stuff transfer over? Fighting with a Virtual Boy strapped to my Mii's face would be amazing.

Mistranslation. It was the caged Mii the Dark Emperor held prisoner who did that.
He did? When did the caged Mii do that?

I'm guessing it's like in Find Mii.

Who ever lands the killing blow gets the "reward" from the king. In this case, a buff.

That's how you could say it's due to the Dark Emperor - you get it by getting the killing blow a la the Yellow Devil.

Still wrong, mind you. It doesn't GIVE it to you.

I'm guessing it's like in Find Mii.

Who ever lands the killing blow gets the "reward" from the king. In this case, a buff.

That's how you could say it's due to the Dark Emperor - you get it by getting the killing blow a la the Yellow Devil.

Still wrong, mind you. It doesn't GIVE it to you.

I'd be cool if the buff only came from when you beat the Dark Emperor.
Hopefully the thing isn't as obnoxious as the Yellow Devil is.

"Pic of the day. The character farther in the back isn't from the Imperial forces, and the character in the front is not the infamous drum-playing puppet in Osaka. No, Mario is actually wearing an outfit from Family Computer Golf: U.S. Course! NES Open Tournament Golf might be a more familiar title."
zlCfzSJbaRIp0NpuD5.jpg

I...I can't even begin to describe how awesome this is! Light Suit Samus, and an out-of-series color for Mario, almost unheard of in his case.

Now THIS is a 4th of July update. Just 6 days late.

AMURIO!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck Yeah!