• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

nfFBmjD.png

So apparently this is taken from the corocoro official website (AKA the magazine that leaks all the pokemon info) and says that they will reveal all the characters and stages in smash bros 3DS in their next issue. And yes it has been checked by people who actually speak Japanese.

Not exactly thrilled about this...

So apparently this is taken from the corocoro official website (AKA the magazine that leaks all the pokemon info) and says that they will reveal all the characters and stages in smash bros 3DS in their next issue. And yes it has been checked by people who actually speak Japanese.

Not exactly thrilled about this...
800px-Dawn_of_a_New_Day.png

Wait wait wait, I'm also hearing that this exact same thing happened way back in 2007 with Brawl, but all Corocoro showed off were just the characters that were already revealed on the Dojo.

Yup.

Don't expect much, if anything, new, character wise. They could show off more of some stages we only know a bit about and maybe even one or two we don't know, but don't expect a "huge blowout"

zlCfzSKwan8kYb6zyf

"Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth."

zlCfzSKwa6YCEBWvAZ

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

zlCfzSKwbEI1Fr6F_j

"By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye."

What do you guys think of this? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69647375 he got lucina right...
Except lucina was an obvious prediction? She was easy to implement and a fan favorite.
People have fooled others into believing they are psychic for centuries by method of predicting random events and managing to get one or two right by sheer luck. Getting one thing right (especially the less surprising of two revealed characters) doesn't prove you to be anything more than some guy who can post on gamefaqs.

And she's a clone similar to Roy? Hell yes, Lucina! Now I only hope that her attack speed and cooldowns aren't similar to Roy in comparison to Marth. I hope they move the same speed, do the same stuff, only Lucina needs less control and spacing than Marth. That could be advantageous. Gonna use this girl religiously.

So yeah, she definitely is our new age Roy.
Sorry Roy, you're still dead at the bottom of a ravine.
Least we got this cool chick to fill your spcae

As someone who isn't in to Fire Emblem and is genuinely asking and not being sarcastic,
is Roy really relevant outside of Smash Bros.?

Most people I've seen only want him back because he was in Melee, and he was only really in Melee to advertise his game which,
I've never really heard much about, I don't think it's really considered to be a stand-out FE title.
And I never hear about him being in other FE titles, maybe once I think I heard he was in Awakening or something.
Am I being entirely slanderous here?

Let's be honest, people only liked Roy in Melee.
And when he had that radical as Hell redesign in Awakening

As someone who isn't in to Fire Emblem and is genuinely asking and not being sarcastic,

Most people I've seen only want him back because he was in Melee, and he was only really in Melee to advertise his game which,
I've never really heard much about, I don't think it's really considered to be a stand-out FE title.
And I never hear about him being in other FE titles, maybe once I think I heard he was in awakening or something.

Not really, from what I've heard, he's one of the weakest Lords there is, and isn't even that memorable.

And she's a clone similar to Roy? Hell yes, Lucina! Now I only hope that her attack speed and cooldowns aren't similar to Roy in comparison to Marth. I hope they move the same speed, do the same stuff, only Lucina needs less control and spacing than Marth. That could be advantageous. Gonna use this girl religiously.

She's only like Roy in the sense that she's a Marth clone. Mechanically, she's basically a marth for noobs, since she doesn't have the tipper mechanic. Basically, her sword hits are all stronger than Marth's if he hits you with any part of his sword that is not the tip. However, she can't match the damage possible by Marth when he does hit you with the tip of his sword, no matter where she hits you.

Of course, if there's more changes to her than just this (such as reduced landing lag) the lower damage may end up being worth it--even for people who actually know how to play Marth.

And I never hear about him being in other FE titles, maybe once I think I heard he was in Awakening or something.

Not much of a FE expert myself, but I've heard people say he's basically the worst FE lord and hated in the FE community. On top of that, his game (yes, there's only one) never released in the west.

There's no reason for him to return; most of the people asking for him probably only know him through Melee.

She's only like Roy in the sense that she's a Marth clone. Mechanically, she's basically a marth for noobs, since she doesn't have the tipper mechanic. Basically, her sword hits are all stronger than Marth's if he hits you with any part of his sword that is not the tip. However, she can't match the damage possible by Marth when he does hit you with the tip of his sword, no matter where she hits you.

Of course, if there's more changes to her than just this (such as reduced landing lag) the lower damage may end up being worth it--even for people who actually know how to play Marth.

This is actually,
really good for me.
Because I've never been able to play Marth, probably because I'm terrible at tipping attacks.
So FUCK IT.
Let's go!
Lucina!
Smash 4, Revenge of the Clones or some shit I'm hype I'm down!

You're right. She is Marth for noobs. I can hope they balance it slightly more by giving Marth's attacks that are NOT tippers, do less damage and knockback than Lucina's all-around blade. However, his tips are far stronger and have more knockback. That seems like a good comprimise to prevent her from being toooo much noob food.

So, you guys think we have all the gender-swapping characters we're getting now? Between Villager, WFT, Miis and now Robin and Lucina/Marth <:PUN:>, we have 4 "generic" (As in vague titles instead of names, save for Robin) characters with male/female variations when 1 would already be unheard of in the last 3 games. Or I guess the better question is would there be anyone else that could end up playable that would have gender options?

I'm pretty sure no other hotly wanted characters have gender options.
Unless you want Ridley with a bow on his head or Ms. Pac-Man

Actually Ms. Pac-Man sounds fairly plausible to me but if they were going to do that they probably would have shown it off by now.

I'd expect Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Junior to be those sorts of options.

Eh, Ms. Pac Man is a separate character (one owned by another company now, if I recall)

All the gender swaps have been simply because the character is a customizable/non-set one. The only other one I could see is a Pokemon Trainer.

...Who is kinda deconfirmed now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a male Lucina. AKA when she disguised herself as male with the short hair and mask and whatnot.

Edit: Now that I think about it that'd just be a scrawnier Marth with a mask.

Back