• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'm fine with this as well. Try looking at it from a different angle.

If there was a unique MM stage for 3DS, then you'd never get to play that stage on the Wii U. Not matter how awesome the stage or its music would be :P

Does anyone really care? I mean who is realistically gonna be playing the 3DS version after the Wii U version comes out anyway?

Does anyone really care? I mean who is realistically gonna be playing the 3DS version after the Wii U version comes out anyway?

Exactly. No one is. Which means you won't get to play any of the 3DS stages that you like.

Well, considering I can't take my Wii U with me everywhere, I'm pretty sure I will. A lot.

Well, considering I can't take my Wii U with me everywhere, I'm pretty sure I will. A lot.
You sure about that
wiiutrain2.jpg

really sure about that

I felt that it would be a bit Vice Versa since of all the sales of the wii U are almost not exisntant

You sure about that
wiiutrain2.jpg

really sure about that

Yes, because I will take all that with me every day.
Naw, the Wii U stays at home when I'm at university. My 3DS comes with me everywhere.

I felt that it would be a bit Vice Versa since of all the sales of the wii U are almost not exisntant

Mario Kart 8 boosted Wii U sales a lot. Smash will as well.
Some people will never buy a Wii U, and that can't change, but the people who even had a little interest are starting to come on board.

I have two friends that bring their Wii U's over to my house on occasion while we're hangin' out. And I already have my own Wii U :P

Also, I'll probably play the 3DS version a decent bit after the Wii U one comes out. There will be plenty of times I'll want to play on the road, plus smash run is a thing.

I don't have a Wii U, only a 3DS. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the Wii U version is going to be the definitive version of the game but getting it isn't a realistic option for me, so right now I'm just worried that the Wii U version will be spectacular while the 3DS version is doomed to be a merely mediocre side note in Smash's history. I'd like them both to be different games, honestly; I feel that since the Wii U version will probably be the competitive base then it's okay if the 3DS has exclusive stages and modes that just go beyond what you'd normally expect or even want from Smash.

Guys

Guys

I know how Chrom was taken out of Smash 4...

811624280750806418.gif

That being said, I really wonder how they'll do F-Zero music around this time.

Does that mean Westballz wont be playing in the tournament?

Uhh to me it looks like Toph and Scar are commentating.

Westballz is competing, I think. Which makes more sense to me.

Toph and Scar are mostly commentators, I think, I've seen Scar play but I dunno much about them otherwise.

Westballz is a top Falco player.

They mentioned other competitors in that tweet too. They just said the tournament featured Westballz, not that he would be commentating.

That image also features Ridley quite prominently, lol. Scam image from 2007?

Boss trophies appear too. They knew about that.

Nope, legit screen from the end of Subspace Emmisary.

Boss trophies appear too. They knew about that.

Nope, legit screen from the end of Subspace Emmisary.
ah, I forgot the boss trophies appeared haha.

I'm still holding out for Ridley in Smash4 though. Feel kinda greedy though with how much I'm liking the newcomers this time around.

well thanks now I know

also just found this. Remember 2007?
tumblr_n96zfs8nWz1rqetdco1_1280.png

So apparently I'm not the only one here who used to visit Donkey Kong Universe back when Brawl was being hyped. Because only people who've been to that site are going to know what the hell that's about.

Which was Bendilin throwing a hissy fit about Lucas supposedly replacing Ness because he was a clone........And then the game came out and we all found out Ness was back anyways.

I think the same thing will happen with this one; We won't be getting any sort of confirmation of Ness until he's unlocked in-game.

"Pic of the day. This is the Tomodachi Life stage that's exclusive to the 3DS version! The front walls of the apartments disappear so you can see the area within when a fighter overlaps with the room. The rooms are randomly placed and selected from among several types. Planting an X Bomb behind a wall might be an effective tactic."
zlCfzSNLovYq93g28c.jpg

"You might run into a Mii living in the room! The Mii characters are taken from the data in your 3DS system, so you could find your friends living in the apartments."
zlCfzSNLpBkGD95Fjk.jpg

Oh wow! That's awesome! Looks like a pretty simple stage with a pretty cute mechanic haha. Will enjoy that one.

FINALLY. We were teased about that stage ages ago, looks awesome. I really liked Tomodachi Life too, it's weirdly engaging in a God-game sort've way like Sim City.

Also I like your new icon GoggledGamer.

Edit: Is this just the week of stages or what.

Kinda figures that Villager ironically seems just the right size to live in one of those apartments, considering he's from Nintendo's other life sim. At least, compared to Rosalina, who's taller than the damn ceiling.

Anyway, besides the TL stage being the second coming of Luigi's Mansion, looks like it's a walk-off on the right side, but a regular downward ring out on the left. Spacing on this stage is gonna be pretty interesting.

On another note, New pictures for both Wii U and 3DS. Highlights includes both Captain Falcon Kirby and Robin Kirby (takes after Male Robin), Green Hill Zone will be back on the 3DS version (no idea on if it's just a past stage or if it counts as Sonic's only 3DS stage), and being able to hit Nabbit in Mushroom Kingdom U (not like anyone thought you wouldn't, but whatever.)

That said, this picture cracks me up
jbprOY850N94dm.png

DK looks like he isn't happy being pulled over to take a pic, and is just dying to punch some mother hubbard off screen somewhere.

jgrtgXcbsmj6D.png

HOLY! Has Cap been taking moves from Ken lately? I'm guessing that's a variation of one of his specials.

"You might run into a Mii living in the room! The Mii characters are taken from the data in your 3DS system, so you could find your friends living in the apartments."
index.php

This does not bode well for me since one of my Miis is Segata Sanshiro. And I think we all know why getting him involved in a fight against you is a bad idea:

Back