• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

And honestly

Would YOU wanna be associated with the Sonic fanbase

Reactions: juju_for_president
And honestly

Would YOU wanna be associated with the Sonic fanbase

*looks at sig*

HA HA HA HA HA HA
tumblr_m5da36d2yx1qcmgy8o1_500.gif

Damn, Ruin casted elfire on Goodbye.

SO IN OTHER NEWS

The 3DS download is 2.1 GB. For comparison:

Pokemon XY = 1.7GB
Kid Icarus: Uprising = 1.5GB
Animal Crossing: New Leaf = 1GB
NSMB2: 370MB
I would've thought Animal Crossing would be higher.

I would've thought Animal Crossing would be higher.

You can fit a lot in one GB. You'd be surprised. Nintendo knows how to make it's shit fit.

And apparently a lot of people are freaking out because they got the back of the gamecase and it doesn't have the copyrights for Ness and Lucas (Itoi and APE) or Snake (Konami) or anyone else that hasn't been revealed. That said, there's also not one for Ubisoft (cause of Rayman) meaning that I'm sure when/if other company characters are revealed (Shulk and Monolith Soft, for example) they'll be amended on.

Or not. If they're not on the cover they really don't have to be. Just in-game.

SO IN OTHER NEWS

Pokemon XY = 1.7GB
what's a GB? Is that like.... Gigablocks or something? I don't think the 3DS can handle such drastically different data measurments...

I think Brawl's disc size was taken up a lot by cutscenes and Masterpieces. I mean, the whole of both Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 were in it, and a lot of large cutscenes.

I mean, think about how much is in Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing. Nintendo knows how to optimize their games.

I think Brawl's disc size was taken up a lot by cutscenes and Masterpieces. I mean, the whole of both Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 were in it, and a lot of large cutscenes.

I mean, think about how much is in Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing. Nintendo knows how to optimize their games.
SSE alone was like, half of the game.

Reactions: SanoBaron and DDB
Oh shoot @ that link that suggests Snake isn't playable! It's about time we have more evidence to shut the Snake lovers up. He had his time in Brawl, be happy with it.

Also at the Ness possibility of being cut, APE is apparently under Creatures inc now, but I don't know. Seems really fishy.

Guess that's all the third party characters we're getting, due to the stuff on the back.
Sorry, Snake, maybe you'll get your chance as DLC.
Or maybe you'll get an invitation to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2, hang out with your buddy Raiden.

SO IN OTHER NEWS

Pokemon XY = 1.7GB
Good thing that bought the 32 GB SD Card!

Guess that's all the third party characters we're getting, due to the stuff on the back.

Nope. Those just have to cover those on the cover. In-game credits are what need to be full and complete.

See that Itoi isn't on there - he's needed for Ness and Lucas. Or Monolith Soft for Shulk if he's in. I'm not saying Snake is going to be back, I think he's gone, don't trust that. Remember that the Mega Man trailer didn't have ones for unannounced characters.

Now, what there is to talk about is the lack of download play, which I expected.

That's because the companies and developers didn't have any characters in the promotional stuff at the time. Every single name that is on that list wouldn't show up until it's respective character showed up, newcomer or vet. Even Namco didn't have it's hat in the ring in the credits until Pac-Man got revealed.

Besides, those characters haven't even showed up yet, and the preorder card is just being spoiler-free. Of course APE/Itoi wouldn't be there yet. Konami is a different story though, admittedly.

Huh, alright.
I guess that's fair.
I still think Snake is rather unlikely.
Though if he does get a surprise reveal before the launch and does the whole "Kept Ya Waiting, Huh?" again, I'd be down for that

What I noticed is the little Spot Pass section. Sounds like we'll be getting announcements in the future after release, even if it's just "Hey, the Wii U version is coming out soon!"

I still would like to think they'll announce other things with it too.

What I noticed is the little Spot Pass section. Sounds like we'll be getting announcements in the future after release, even if it's just "Hey, the Wii U version is coming out soon!"

I still would like to think they'll announce other things with it too.

I can see online tournaments being a thing they'd announce.

And (dare I say) DLC announcements.

So transferring custom move sets from 3DS to WiiU is confirmed?

Please be tournament viable?

I really want custom move sets to be tournament viable.

So transferring custom move sets from 3DS to WiiU is confirmed?

Please be tournament viable?

I really want custom move sets to be tournament viable.

If this is the case, then yeah, it'd be so cool to just have the pro players transfer their custom made characters via 3DS for a match. It'd be like Pokemon in a way.

But... there's the whole thing of "it's too complicated". Some people don't want to learn 1200+ match ups of Special Moves for two characters. It'd be so neat to also have custom stats with items, like how Sakurai's shown, so you could have a Speedy Bowse vs a Powerful Sonic, but the whole "It'll be unbalanced" thing comes in too (despite every single video game in existence being unbalanced - there is none where all characters are equal footing).

So really it just depends on how big the community gets. The Melee players will never touch the stuff, but the Brawl and newcomers may accept it with open arms.

Brawl players are just as receptive of stuff as melee players. I've seen so many knee jerking reactions from brawl players in regards to brawl mods.

In regards to custom stuff, it really depends on how far you can take it. Custom movesets are hardly an issue, but if your character can leap up near the blast zone in a single jump or KO at rediculously early percents, then it's a problem.

I'm not talking stat customization, I mean just move sets

You know who I might play as?

Charizard. I forget he's in Smash 4 all the time.

I was playing him in Brawl earlier, and damn, he's fun. Remove the Squirtle and Ivysaur, making him his own character, and hype.

Well okay, the Gen 3 starters are worse than Charizard. But that's it. Okay and Infernape. And Serperior.

Come on Mudkip isn't that bad, he even exists in real life as a real animal Aka axoltol

I'm only going to reply to this conversation once, as it's the Smash Bros. discussion thread, not the Pokemon thread.

But if Serperior finally got it's secret ability contrary it would see a LOT more use. Also I found the idea of a grass snake to be interesting.

I will forever miss Ivysaur, though. He had some of the best Anti Air moves in Brawl, I believe.

He'll always exist with his superior moveset in Project M, no worries.

Well okay, the Gen 3 starters are worse than Charizard. But that's it. Okay and Infernape. And Serperior.

Okay you can leave now.

Uh, quick question. Can you still use the homebrew channel on the Wii U's original-Wii-menu?

Ed: To clarify, I'm wanting to play Project M on the Wii U. Is that still possible?

Last edited: