• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Dark Pit, I kinda get,
because if I understand my KI lore correctly, it wouldn't make much sense for him to use the Three Sacred Treasures an maybe the Upperdash Arm, I'm less sure about that.
I still don't get the justification of Lucina, but whatever.

I think it's a combination of her height (slightly shorter than Marth) and the fact that since her version of Falcion has been reforged so many times it's no longer a fencing sword so I guess having the tipper effect is dumb or something? I dunno

so uh
Capn Toad got a new trailer
lots of cool looking stuff
over 70 levels
TOADETTE IS PLAYABLE BEFORE WALUIGI OR DAISY AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TOADETTE IS PLAYABLE BEFORE WALUIGI OR DAISY AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fuck are you talking about?
Waluigi and Daisy have been playable before, probably before Toadette.
In those other spin-offs.

this isn't a normal spin off though
this is a game starring toad and toadette
which is more than other characters have gotten

It bugs me that this game is more graphically impressive than 3D World. It's bloody gorgeous.
Smaller settings and characters lets them pour more resources into the models and animations and such

this isn't a normal spin off though
this is a game starring toad and toadette
which is more than other characters have gotten
It stars Toadette about as much as super Mario bros stars Luigi, though. Actually, it's even less than that: this game is called Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - no Toadette mention in the title. Super Mario Bros. at list has the "Bros" bit.
And I'm sure that they're hard at work on that Wario and Waluigi RPG spin off everybody wants. 100% sure.

This game looks like a better verion of FEZ. I hope Nintendo doesn't stop at just this one and makes a small series out of this
How is that even anything like fez?
One is a 3d puzzle game in which the main gimmick is the restriction that you cannot jump.
The other is a 2.5d metroidvania platformer in which you have to flip flop around 3d surfaces as a 2d guy.
The similarities I can think of are... occasionally moving up towers by spiraling around them.

SMASH WORLD?

Also Sakurai saying the Clones are like desserts is actually quite apt.
They didn't take any time and do add to the game.

I didn't like his tone.
It sounded more like "Don't bother questioning it, be happy we decided to give you extra characters. Happy? Now go away.", that's what I got from it at least.

I'm guessing we'll be getting some more info the Great Cave Offensive stage for tonight's PotD.

Wonder what Smash World was.

Maybe a Subspace Emissary-like mode, mmmmmmmmmmmmm?

We were specifically told from the beginning there would not be any Subspace Emissary like mode. So no.

A mode akin to adventure mode from Melee is a definite possibility though.

Then why couldn't we have Lucas back, I mean, isn't he a Ness clone at the end of the day?

Then why couldn't we have Lucas back, I mean, isn't he a Ness clone at the end of the day?

They could have re-cloned Lucas using Smash 4 Ness as a base rather than bringing up Lucas from Brawl, yes. The thing is, that requires them to redo all his normals/smashes/aerials, since he doesn't share those with Ness, just the specials. Dr. Mario is the most involved clone this time around, and he still only has 2 unique moves from Mario. Doing just Lucas would still be more work than doing Lucina, Dr. Mario, AND Dark Pit combined.

That and Nintendo seems to like to pretend Mother 3 never happened, for some reason.

They could have re-cloned Lucas using Smash 4 Ness as a base rather than bringing up Lucas from Brawl, yes. The thing is, that requires them to redo all his normals/smashes/aerials, since he doesn't share those with Ness, just the specials. Dr. Mario is the most involved clone this time around, and he still only has 2 unique moves from Mario. Doing just Lucas would still be more work than doing Lucina, Dr. Mario, AND Dark Pit combined.

That and Nintendo seems to like to pretend Mother 3 never happened, for some reason.
This is my biggest gripe. That and the fact that Lucas was my main in Brawl and I'm sad to see him go. I mean, wasn't Marth's game a Japan only one? I have no idea if it ever got translated or not.

I don't even give a shit about the character; I just liked his moves. I like ice powers, and PK Freeze was insanely fun just for edge guarding. Project: Melee removed it from Lucas's moveset. And now, with him not even returning for Smash 4, it just... Agh, fuck, it's just like, Seriously? Come the fuck on.

I don't even give a shit about the character; I just liked his moves. I like ice powers, and PK Freeze was insanely fun just for edge guarding. Project: Melee removed it from Lucas's moveset. And now, with him not even returning for Smash 4, it just... Agh, fuck, it's just like, Seriously? Come the fuck on.
PK freeze is one of Ness's Custom moves, in case if you didn't know.

zlCfzShurgEscaFg6S

Pic of the day. Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lmfao. Sakurai pls, you haven't revealed Ganondorf yet.

Even though the clones don't bother me too much, it's still pretty sad that all three of them are outclassed by the only clone in Skullgirls. And Skullgirls had nowhere near the budget that Smash Bros. had.

Sakurai's also said he doesn't want to make non-combatant characters, citing an Animal Crossing character as a specific example.

Sakurai's also said he doesn't want to make non-combatant characters, citing an Animal Crossing character as a specific example.

Exactly. I yearn for the day that people don't take Sakurai's musings as gospel.

That leak sounds way good to be true, both Smash Tower and this Smash World thing being real?
That'd be incredible.

Oh it's still not good, it's lacking Lucas and ICs. But it's better than the complete negativity I initially lashed it with.

I don't care all that much for Splatoon, honestly. The whole fact that the multiplayer is online-only because Gamepad-exclusive controls.

Wonder Red is an instant fake, lol.

I want that Splatoon DLC pack thing to be real.

Am I the only one who specifically wants them not to be in Smash 4? They would make great characters for Smash 5, but they don't belong in this iteration of Smash. I don't know why so many people want a character from an unreleased game that's part of an unestablished franchise so badly.

I mean, what if the game sucks? Or it sells like shit? Or their moveset is unrepresentative of the franchise because Sakurai has nothing to work with? Come on people.

Back