• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

and what if they announce the return of Ice Climbers!?

I can dream can't I

and what if they announce the return of Ice Climbers!?

I can dream can't I

fat_chance-fat_chance.jpg

You know what I wish would be in Smash bros?
Bub and Bob
bubblebobble.gif
I mean c'mon. Trap your enemies in bubbles, jump on bubbles.
The special attacks could be:
Lightning Bubble
Water Bubble
Fire bubble

And the Forward tilt could be the Fireball bubble!

Newcomer trailer?
There's like, nothing to suggest this notion that there's going to be further newcomers ported to the 3DS in order to maintain this same roster stuff.
At this point I'm hopeful. Especially for Ridley in not-Other-M-form. But don't expect a newcomer, you feel me?
I think he just meant trailers for the two secret newcomers with original movesets (read: DH Duo and Bowser Jr.)

Last edited:
I think he just meant trailers for the two secret newcomers with original movesets (ie DH Duo and Bowser Jr.)
Ya know if Ridley isn't going to be in I want DH Duo to be seen as the reason why.

Reactions: Rellek
Ya know if Ridley isn't going to be in I want DH Duo to be seen as the reason why.

Now all I wanna see is Duck Hunt Dog shoot down Ridley and hold him by his long-ass neck

coincidentally I just got to the Ridley fight in Other M in today's Let's Play upload and I gotta say it's an awesome ass fght

Reactions: Lavama
How about a less cloney version of Dark Pit
Side B: Dark Pit fires the Doom Cannon twice, can charge for more damage
Up B: Dark Pit uses the Virdi Palm to shoot a huge Heart downwards, which propels him upward
Down B: Dark Put cuts the opponent multiple times with the Pandora claws, can charge for more slashes
Basic B: Dark Pit uses his staff to fire at the opponent, shots do more damage when they are shot far away, they closer are, the less damage you do.
Almost all a attacks are now done with his staff, with his air attacks done with the Samurai blade.
His final smash now has Dark pit begin to fly for a while, doing highly damaging attacks with the Darkness bow, finishing off with a snipe shot with his staff

Last edited:
Reactions: juju_for_president
I was actually really hoping that Smash 4 would either have Dark Pit use a large variety of the Kid Icarus: Uprising arsenal for his moveset, or have a movset based solely off of Dark Pit's Staff.

A character that uses a staff that is also a sniper in Smash 4 is the closest we ever would have gotten to a playable Juju.

Reactions: Electric meteor
Now all I wanna see is Duck Hunt Dog shoot down Ridley and hold him by his long-ass neck

There are like 5 videos on youtube of this exact scenario.

Reactions: Lavama
This direct is going to make or (more than likely break) the Smash World/Tower of Smash leaks.
Kinda hoping we'll get some newcomers/timed exclusives for the Wii U version or something about DLC.
Someone on Smash Boards pointed out that it'dbe great if Snake suddenly showe dup
But that's extremely unlikely

It's cute how some people are still in denial as far as the roster goes.

UH, EXCUSE YOU SIR. I indeed was referring to Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. I am certainly no fool clinging to false hope like DLC. Seeing Ice Climbers go is sad, but I got everyone I wanted, and more.

This direct is going to make or (more than likely break) the Smash World/Tower of Smash leaks.

Wasn't that 'leak' debunked, like, weeks ago?
When GCO leaked?
A stage not on the list?
The list of all the stages?
Just sayin'.

I just want the Wii U version to come out already... Not because I want to play it so much as make people stop being completely delusional about roster changes and stage lists.

It's the same roster, just be happy with it. Jeez.

(inb4 "I like Brawl's graphics better")

"The horrible resolution and and jagged models helped me feel like I was in a classic Nintendo platformer."
"This upgrade is clearly just Nintendo trying too hard to be 'next gen' and 'polished'. They really should just stick to their guns."
"I liked it better when I couldn't read the sign. Thanks Samurai"

---- Sincerely,
r/smashbros

tumblr_inline_ndqsotQi9U1r1d4f5.gif

I never played SS, but after encountering this fabulous sword spirit man in Hyrule Warriors, I'm going to go look for a copy

Reactions: Jutsei
Why'd they make Ness so white, what is this whitewashing bullshit?
I really shouldn't make tumblr strawmen when I spend half my time defending them.
I just really want the WiiU version to come out so I can finally play online.

I never played SS, but after encountering this fabulous sword spirit man in Hyrule Warriors, I'm going to go look for a copy

Ehhhhhhhhhh. You're better off just watching the cutscenes IMO. The game is... well, it'd be fun if not for the controls. But hey, your choice.

Why'd they make Ness so white, what is this whitewashing bullshit?

Well I'm more wondering why he's so dark to begin with. I never noticed that. Also he seems closer to his American clay model than his Japanese one.

Ness_clay.png

Japanese
Alternate_Ness_Clay.png

American

Smash Direct will end with a Chorus Kids trailer, mark my words!

Kinda hoping we'll get some newcomers/timed exclusives for the Wii U version or something about DLC.
Someone on Smash Boards pointed out that it'dbe great if Snake suddenly showe dup
But that's extremely unlikely

Tower of Smash was debunked when Great Cave Offensive was revealed.

Smash World was never even a serious leak, someone just got a generic mode name right so therefore "OMG GUYZ IT MUST BE REAL EVEN THOUGH ITS OBV BS"

Well, you guys heard that "Smash World"'s announcer call in the Italian version translates to "Smash Board", like a board game, right?

So I'm guessing Smash World is the board game mode. I mean it sounds right. And that'd be the perfect place for, say, a Metal Face boss fight as an event on the board. I mean, he appeared in the trailer, not in the stage (at east in the 3DS version)

Aw yeah, beat classic mode at 9.0 with the top row!

...Now for the other 5 rows.

Well, you guys heard that "Smash World"'s announcer call in the Italian version translates to "Smash Board", like a board game, right?

So I'm guessing Smash World is the board game mode. I mean it sounds right. And that'd be the perfect place for, say, a Metal Face boss fight as an event on the board. I mean, he appeared in the trailer, not in the stage (at east in the 3DS version)

Well yea, Smash World is probably a mode in the game, but it will have nothing to do with that "leak".

The Wii U version of Gaur Plains has a really big ceiling, especially compared to the 3DS version's unusually low ceiling. I have a feeling Metal Face will appear on the Wii U stage.

I'm also hoping for a boss battle mode similar to Brawl, I really loved that.

I wonder if they're gonna keep the riceball behind the flowers on Onett.

Is anyone going to be able to hack the camera on the Wii U version? Because if not, I doubt your question's going to be answered any time soon.

maybe they'll put the rice ball OUTSIDE the flowerbox this time
just hanging there
chilling out
probably having a good day
i hope he's having a good day

As the match progresses the rice ball slowly gets smaller as it's gradually eaten by passing birds.

or it gets BIGGER as the match goes on
YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE RICEBALL

As the match progresses the rice ball slowly gets smaller as it's gradually eaten by passing birds.

"Pic of the day. When Falco, Robin, Captain Falcon or King Dedede are not in battle, they may appear and try to eat something behind the flowers. When all in battle together, they're replaced by Ridley from the Metroid series! What are you even doing here, Ridley?"

It just occurred to me that even if they don't do a trailer for DH Duo, they would be crazy NOT to reveal Bowser Jr. using 8-Man Smash.

but there's only 7 of the Koopalings
unless you have their pops there too

Bowser....Jr?
that sounds like a fanfic character something fierce

Aha, that's exactly how the announcer says it. On his Q&A vid he was asked why he says it like that and he said that he does them each like 3 to 5 times and then Nintendo chooses and for that one he wanted to fake people out by being like 'Bowser... Jr?'. Nintendo ended up picking he joke one.

Greninja was the same, except he tried to be "cool and mysterious" and admits it kinda came out as seductive.

ALSO HOLY SHIT I JUST FOUND THIS

Greninja was the same, except he tried to be "cool and mysterious" and admits it kinda came out as seductive.

I always thought Luigi's was cool and seductive
It's actually my fav character announcer bit

Just like

"Luigi..."

So good