• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Pretty good direct. Glad to see Splatoon get a single player mode. Looks like it has a default main playable character, one of the girl squid things.

Reactions: juju_for_president
A severe lack of Zelda U has made the chat ultimate sadboys
Ah well
I liked it

Mario Kart DLC has me the most excited
Anyway being on topic:

Duck Hunt Dog confirmed for new character

WOW

Well at least my Samus amiibo will be compatible with SOMETHING.
*cries in the corner*

Reactions: Lavama
That stream started off extremely strong but it tapered off hardcore.
Like if you announce Majora's Mask HD you shouldn't lead with that becuase it cannibalizes all other interest

FUCK.

I fell asleep, only now waking up. DID SOMEONE SAY SPLATOON SINGLE PLAYER AND MAJORA'S MASK 3D? BOY HOWDY.

Reactions: Rellek
Splatoon single player looks like Mario Galaxy meets a shooter the hype

I don't get the Majora's Mask 3D hype, personally. But that's just me. It's a good game but like, I don't need a semi-HD portable remake.

Codename Steam looks fun.

Dat Mario Kart DLC

Dat Hyrule Warriors Spinner Weapon for Link as Amiibo DLC

Oh and all dat sweet Xenoblade X stuff

Honestly I definitely woulda preferred an HD Majora on WiiU.
But MM is still one of my favorite Zelda games and I'm glad it's getting visually updated and I'll probably get it.

Reactions: Horseman
commander.png

this fucked me up tho

I woulda prefered a Shovel Knight trophy as the indie ambasador but OH WELL

Well, to be fair didn't this character have a 3D game made? Shovel Knight probably is supposed to remain in his 2D pixely self.

Well, to be fair didn't this character have a 3D game made? Shovel Knight probably is supposed to remain in his 2D pixely self.

He looks fine in 3D. Hell, the already confirmed action figures look exactly like this.
shovel_knight_brawl_mod_wip_by_shin_kitaro-d7onsxx.jpg

But I do concede that the Bit Trip games got their start on WiiWare and have Nintendo to thank for that. Plus Mario narrates Bit Trip Runner 2.

Although come to think of it a MissingNo. trophy would be amazing for Smash.

Have you not looked at the trophies in game? Plenty of them are flat and some 8-bit stuff

Have you not looked at the trophies in game? Plenty of them are flat and some 8-bit stuff
Well, yeah, but it may be considered lazy if you just rip a 2d model of a character for a trophy representing all the indie games on the Wii U.

So I totally called Majora's Mask. And Duck Hunt stage+Music.

Weird that they didn't show Yoshi or Mario Maker though. Hope those are still on track for first half of 2015.

Man tho, Splatoon level and character pack for DLC when

HELL A MUSIC PACK WOULD BE COOL EVEN

Splatoon might be the weirdest game this generation.

This is a good thing.

screen-4.jpg
Once again the best character is asserting her superiority over everyone else.

So how would you guys have felt if Nintendo purposely held back Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt until the Wii U version launched (at which point the 3DS version would get a free download immediately) solely to keep the hype going? If he did this then the ESRB leak wouldn't have been able to spoil them and their trailers in the last 2 directs would have sent the hype through the roof. On the downside, you wouldn't be able to play them at all for another few weeks.

Can we not talk about how FUCKING AWESOME those Duck Hunt music tracks are? And about how funny/amazing it was for the trailer to sync up with it?

Or that the CGI gave us 3D DUCK HUNT WORLD

So Project STEAM is pretty much X-com with Steampunk Abraham Lincoln?

AWESOOOOOME!!!

I'm also super happy about Splatoon single-player. Splatoon is probably the one game I'm interested in enough to be willing to use the Gamepad without hating myself... besides of course Captain Toad.

Speaking of which: OH MY GOD, CAPTAIN TOAD IS SO CUTE!!! My little heart can't take how adorable he is!! <SQUEE>

Why isn't the intro to the game as in sync with the music as that trailer? They've clearly proven they know how to make trailers so why couldn't they put more effort into the opening? =/

I'm also super happy about Splatoon single-player. Splatoon is probably the one game I'm interested in enough to be willing to use the Gamepad without hating myself... besides of course Captain Toad.

I just keep rewatching the trailer over and over again. It's so good. I think Splatoon may be my #1 most hyped 2015 game right now, at least until we get Zelda news, which probably won't be until after Splatoon launches anyway.

I kind of wish Smash would just hurry up and launch now, I want to play it already so I can focus my hype on 2015.

I just realized...

Look at the positioning of where Duo's name splash is

The Duo isn't just freaking out over the splash coming out of nowhere, DOG IS REACTING TO THE SPLASH SHOOTING DUCK

Those Nintendo guys think they're so clever
Well they are

So how would you guys have felt if Nintendo purposely held back Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt until the Wii U version launched (at which point the 3DS version would get a free download immediately) solely to keep the hype going? If he did this then the ESRB leak wouldn't have been able to spoil them and their trailers in the last 2 directs would have sent the hype through the roof. On the downside, you wouldn't be able to play them at all for another few weeks.
I would have bee A-OK with that. Many thumbs up from me. I mean, because I don't even own the 3DS version so hehe.

zlCfzSn4WmIIzjJDog

"Pic of the day. Here's something we didn't even announce in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza"(“ Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”)--a stage from Yoshi's Woolly World. This stage was added and developed quite near the end of development. The surfaces are soft and cushiony."

zlCfzSn4WtQZh-J9O2

"The mobiles are placed in different locations depending on the situation, and they tilt according to weight distribution. The stage also gets rearranged, so the ground may disappear temporarily during a remodel."

When a Yoshi stage of all things looks more realistic than the CGI cutscenes...

and there isn't even any crossovers to ruin the stage

Oh man why do I get the feeling this is banned.

Why can't fun stages be legal on Tournaments :/

We got nothing of Ice Climbers

These 2 will get nothing as well.