• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

That girl is our future champion. Only she can win EVO and bring back Lucas and IC.

Reactions: DDB
why does supplementary material not count again
i thought it was like
material
to supplement the information presented in the games and answer questions that the material in the games might not have answered

It is, I'm not really sure why I can disconnect that supplementary canon from the presented one.
Probably because it's presented, and Skyward Sword forced it so hard.
And like, you don't have to see the supplementary to enjoy the presented,
so like the Hyrule Historia's like "If you really, really want to know, all the Zelda's and Link's are in fact reincarnated."
But I didn't really really want to know, so I could go ignorant of that information while still enjoying the games.
But Skyward Sword said, "NO, you have to know this now, this is officially a central aspect of the LoZ universe."

I guess that's why.

They did a latin remix of the SMW Fortress Boss. I can't even.

And I don't even know what to call this new Dr. Mario Chill mix but it's fantastic.

Guidance needed more guest appearances. All the fire emblem characters should have talked back and not just chrom with robin's, Doc louis should have talked in little mac's, Fox/Falco could have used some radio chatter, Wii fit trainer should have given pit exercise tips, etc.
And yeah, the whole "give their player tips on the match-up" thing fits way better with doc louis.

"There are many different Ganons"
To be fair, there are multiple ganons, but only one ganondorf.

Reactions: 8-Bit Templar
Wow, most of these are fucking boring. Except ROB's.

A Fart of Gold

99STMYw.png

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news all the time, but the 6 year-old winning at Smash was actually a staged promotion for Smash 4.

Wow, most of these are fucking boring. Except ROB's.
Kind of astounding that they didn't just use "The Blue Bomber" for megaman...
But "The Eternal Understudy" is a great 64 reference, and who doesn't love "The BMI Bandit"?

So what, was the gameplay pre recorded or something?
Such a dick move.

But the gameplay itself was good, if it wasn't faked. The guys playing may have allowed for certain deaths to be easier for her, but the girl knew to catch the banana peel as Diddy, landed a rather risky off-stage spike with Dedede, and had some really good combos as Sheik. Even if the actors were intentionally selling some of those deaths, the overall gameplay on each side was decently high level.

What might be the case is that all that stuff about her learning characters by watching the others play and the overall crowd support could have been faked/exaggerated.

If I had to guess, she is likely a genuinely good player that has had A LOT of time with the Smash series, everyone lied about her playing certain characters for the first time, and the actors were hired to play her up.

So it's like wrestling.
The winner is scripted and the blows are exaggerated but everyone involved could probably destroy you anyways.

Still, I can't believe D1-senpai got bought out like that.
*crying Twitch emoticon*

Reactions: juju_for_president
But the gameplay itself was good, if it wasn't faked. The guys playing may have allowed for certain deaths to be easier for her, but the girl knew to catch the banana peel as Diddy, landed a rather risky off-stage spike with Dedede, and had some really good combos as Sheik. Even if the actors were intentionally selling some of those deaths, the overall gameplay on each side was decently high level.

What might be the case is that all that stuff about her learning characters by watching the others play and the overall crowd support could have been faked/exaggerated.

If I had to guess, she is likely a genuinely good player that has had A LOT of time with the Smash series, everyone lied about her playing certain characters for the first time, and the actors were hired to play her up.

There is a lot more to sandbag than just deaths. If I had to guess the exact type, I would say that they most likely:
-Failing to Vector properly vs combos,
-Dropping combos/not going for followups,
-Not attempting to return to the edge properly,
-And obviously Vectoring wrong against kill moves.

This is not to say she's bad, necessarily, those where some tight Diddy combos, but that most all of the people in that room could have probably beat her if they weren't payed to lose to her.
But that's also where the problem comes from; we don't know how good she is for sure. This is why this sort of paying for promotion is jank; she could actually be amazing, but because people were paying to make her look good, we will never know for sure.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Can't we just appreciate the fact that she picked Diddy and not someone lame like Charizard or Pit

Welp, I just realized no one's going to use the 3DS version when they have the Wii U version. Mario Kart all over again. Screw me.

I'll still probably play it.
Once or twice.
Or maybe never, actually.
In fact, thinking about it, your right.
GIT REKT

Could've been worse.
She could've picked Dark Pit.

I'll probably play it on the toilet.
Or like, when I'm away from home or something.

I'll probably play it on the toilet.

My toilet is less than a foot away from my Wii U setup, so that means the 3DS version is completely obsolete.

Or like, when I'm away from home or something.

Oh, well maybe then, but I got the important bases covered.

Last edited:
Oh, well maybe then, but I got the important basses covered.

What differentiates what bass are important and which aren't?
I suppose the big mouth bass would be up there in important.

Reactions: FastLikeLightning
Hey, either way you gotta buy both to get Mewtwo. So both are getting bought anyway.

ORAS comes out the same day as the Wii U version, so I'll have something to play on the 3DS anyway.

Sorry Smash 3DS. You were always meant to be relevant for a month and a half.

Hey, either way you gotta buy both to get Mewtwo. So both are getting bought anyway.

IIRC Mewtwo is 7 bucks if you don't have both versions, so I don't think that is going to be a huge point in the 'buy both' argument.

What differentiates what bass are important and which aren't?
I suppose the big mouth bass would be up there in important.

Hey, hey, don't be disrespecting the small mouth bass.
He may be tiny, but he sure as hell packs a punch.
Also I don't know how to spell.

What about the Bass from mega man?
surely we can't drop him from this conversation

What about the Bass from mega man?
surely we can't drop him from this conversation

Let me map it out for you.
Big mouth bass > Bass > Small mouth bass.

My toilet is less than a foot away from my Wii U setup, so that means the 3DS version is completely obsolete.

Oh, well maybe then, but I got the important bases covered.
I wish I could afford a WiiU for my bathroom

What about Bass Armstrong?

IIRC Mewtwo is 7 bucks if you don't have both versions, so I don't think that is going to be a huge point in the 'buy both' argument.
I don't remember this being said, ever. Did Nintendo release more news and I didn't hear it?

7 bucks sounds like Arcsys pricing for a DLC character
and nintendo should be above any of Arcsys's business and pricing practices

You know, that Pokemon stage doesn't look nearly as bad to play on as I once thought it did.
(Plus a little fox on the side)

Nope.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lt3pa/skythe_truth_about_karissa_the_10_year_old_legend/
Someone else was playing for her.

Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Way better than just another Pokemon Stadium.

You know what else it is?
tumblr_net1lgvMfc1ro0g5eo1_1280.png